Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

It also looks to me as though Arquin is a bit off balance following the barge from the County player and this is probably why its a less than sophisticated challenge for the ball. Never a red card, though.

Edited by Drew

Seriously concerned about what people are seeing in this incident. It's a challenge for the ball and Toshney goes down like a big f**king fairy. Is this a mans game anymore. Some of these clowns deliberately going to ground in order to get a fellow pro sent off, make me sick.

If the club don't appeal this then I for one will be seething.

What I'm saying is I think it's a yellow card but it's a tackle that the SFA will deem to be aggressive. It was a sore one no doubt about it. The appeal will fail as they will spout rules about studs up...etc

That's my opinion anyway. Others have another take which is fair enough

Arquin may well have caught his toe in what was effectively a footballing incident. It was neither wreckless nor was it malicious, therefore it was not a red card offence. If anything it was a yellow card and that's debatable as both players went in for the ball.

I've said numerous times it was a yellow card. He trod on his ankle not toes

Arquin may well have caught his toe in what was effectively a footballing incident. It was neither wreckless nor was it malicious, therefore it was not a red card offence. If anything it was a yellow card and that's debatable as both players went in for the ball.

This

The fourth official said it was a deliberate stamp and that what he was sent off for

Is that what we saw?

He firstly trod on the top of the ball ...if the officails are going to take the ball out of the equation and the fact a player was quite reasonably trying to reach it then any player hitting the ball then catching an opponent on his follow through as they arrive late will be getting sent off for kicking out at the opponent. The only reason the county player caught a sore one is because he kicked through as he was entitled to and caught the underside of Arquin's boot.

I do not understand the red card at all. Idiotic decision from one of the SFA's growing army of overpaid incompetents. Unfortunately we seem to suffer from this current overwhelming rush of incompetent and mad officials that seem to be the in thing just now.

Glad to see the bench were somewhat illuminated. Halfwitted decision.

The county player went down as it was a sore challenge!

Ach, all that slapping the ground shite. He was milking it even if he did take a bit of a sore one.

I've had a really bad injury playing football. The last thing I did, or could imagine anyone doing, would be hammering the turf.

Clear sign of play acting.

If this incident is viewed on its own merits, he will be cleared.

Sadly. a lot of it will depend on what the BBC say about it tonight.

Shocking. But true.

Edited by Bobby_F

Sadly. a lot of it will depend on what the BBC say about it tonight.

Shocking. But true.

Watched the highlights on the BBC website. The commentator suggests that it's a terrible tackle and warrants a straight red. Then suggests that the winner is hand ball. Don't agree on either count.

You could get paranoid what with the recent

refereeing & then the commentary.