Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

You simply don't challenge for a ball with studs up like that. It was stupid from him, and the pundits agree

We will have to agree to disagree bud

The pundits? Who gives a f**k what these slabbering bawbags think. They are an authority on the square root of bugger all.

The pundits? Who gives a f**k what these slabbering bawbags think. They are an authority on the square root of bugger all.

And of course you are a font of knowledge on everything. Typical of this forum these days.. no longer any reasonable debate just a if you don't agree with me your a 'slabbering bawbag'. They are both ex pro's who have played the game at a pretty high level giving an honest opinion. if you don't agree with them fine.

No point appealing that now.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mallan cited for deliberate handball the way the game is going.

Have grown to despise Sportscene.

ETA Notice Thompson hasn't been on it for a while. Is he boycotting?

Edited by JP87

And of course you are a font of knowledge on everything. Typical of this forum these days.. no longer any reasonable debate just a if you don't agree with me your a 'slabbering bawbag'. They are both ex pro's who have played the game at a pretty high level giving an honest opinion. if you don't agree with them fine.

Doesn't mean they are not slobbering bawbags.

Chill, we won.

I don't think he was saying you were a slabbering bawbag - it was the pundits, and to be honest, I think he's got a point.

These guys have stopped playing and all have their own petty agendas to pursue.

What did you think of what Bonnar said when they put the magnifying glass on Scott Brown's deliberate kick on an Accies player in yesterday's game?

Oh wait a minute, they didn't ask him, because they didn't show it.

And that in a nutshell is what really pisses me off with Sportscene.

Totally selective editing, and their editorial team seem to be able to decide who does and does not get punished for offences during a game.

post-1348-14216233206632_thumb.jpg

It was a handball ha ha

Unintentional though

Angles can be deceptive.

post-634-0-58545600-1421625835_thumb.jpg

I think, watching the video, that the ball starts to go towards goal when it hits Mallen on the left side of his body.

At that angle, and from that distance, a pic taken as the ball is heading towards the net would look just like that.

That pic absolutely does not prove it was handball.

Unfortunately though, the Sportscene mafia have decided that it was handball.

As I said earlier, if there'd been a whiff of handball the RC players and fans would have gone mental.

I thought the point of having a panel of pundits was you got a range of opinions and sometimes a panelist might balance out another panelist's view by arguing how the opposite position might be taken.

After 10 league games where we lose 9 and win 1 I was actually looking forward to watching a Sportscene where we actually win with a great performance from 10 men for the majority of the game. Almost nothing was said afterwards about how well St Mirren started and how only 1 team had created any decent chances prior to the sending off. Instead, Jonathan Sutherland kicks things off with a pun making a dig at an 18 year old St Mirren player, "you've got to hand it to Stevie Mallan" and I think he repeated it again in case we didn't notice the emphasis on hand linking in to a discussion on how the referee had cheated Ross County out of 3 points (with the scores balanced at, er, 1-1 at the time) and could cost McIntyre and Dodds their jobs. Next talking point was on to the red card and why Bonner, Stewart and Sutherland all thought it was a straight red card and dangerous tackle. No mention of St Mirren playing well, or of how bad the camera angles were for the red card or judging which body part Mallon knocked the ball in with. Little was even said about Ridgers save or how little County offered going forward or our defence looking reasonably OK, indeed, Michael Stewart still found time to say "Every time I see St Mirren their defence is all over the place at 6's and 7's". Would it have hurt the panel too much to have said a few nice things about St Mirren on a rare week for he 2nd time in 11 games where we actually bloomin' win a game.

I can't believe because a couple of guys on the TV say it deserved a red card some of the sheep on here change their tune and claim it was a dangerous tackle. Watch the clip ffs, it is never a red card in a million years.

Get the appeal in, hopefully the SFA can show the game isn't run by some muppets in a BBC studio.

I'm not f**king watching Sportscene now!

But I did watch the highlights of Aberdeen V Dundee just there online.

Did they highlight or mention the dive by the Aberdeen player to win them their last gasp penalty?

And did they put their bright spotlight thing on Ryan Jack, surely offside, when he scored the equaliser?

Not asking that in a sarcastic sour way... just did they? I do feel St Mirren are an easy target for them...mock,mock, sneer, snigger.

and no, we can forget the appeal. It wont succeed.

Edited by farmer john

Wind your neck in, sunshine.

You're correct, it is a forum, and as such, you can reasonably expect robust debate. If you're too sensitive, I suggest you stick to your quilting group.

ETA: oh, and for the record, I'm all too aware of how much pish I spout on here and that I'm the font of nothing (I'm in good company, to be fair....)

Edited by Drew

Perhaps the first time in nearly 38,000 posts I agree with you lol.gif No chance of getting that overturned. The intent is there it's a straight red all day long and if you look at the body language of the player he knows it!! Idiot!

Excuse me !!!! lol.gifbangin.gif

If we don't appeal then it's a sad day for all of football. The ref didnt need to send Arquin off on the 4th officials say so. It's still his decision, no different from consulting with a linesman and giving his original decision. He shat it and protected himself. Trial by television is ruining the game irrespective of whether or not the decisions fall in our favour. It would seem that refs, especially in our games, would prefer to give a red card and have it rescinded than be accused of having missed something, thus making the sport now all about them and no longer about the nail biting relegation battle our ten men have just won in the most dramatic way, which is what the spotlight should be on.

If we don't appeal then it's a sad day for all of football. The ref didnt need to send Arquin off on the 4th officials say so. It's still his decision, no different from consulting with a linesman and giving his original decision. He shat it and protected himself. Trial by television is ruining the game irrespective of whether or not the decisions fall in our favour. It would seem that refs, especially in our games, would prefer to give a red card and have it rescinded than be accused of having missed something, thus making the sport now all about them and no longer about the nail biting relegation battle our ten men have just won in the most dramatic way, which is what the spotlight should be on.

I know the appeals panel is supposed to be independent but I can't help but feel that they always look for reasons to uphold the decisions rather than rescind them. I can imagine the panel sitting down and agreeing they don't need to discuss it much because TV has decided Arquin is guilty. They probably get told in a'nod and a wink' fashion 'Look, lads, don't overturn too many decisions.' The refs. association would soon revolt.

Selective editing again by the Beeb and their panel

No chance of an appeal as they highlighted Mallan's handball as to say breaks even themselves out

Big decisions like that affect people jobs blah blah,but nothing said about the shocking decisions against us at the Killie and Motherwell games

Nothing was said,them the breaks

Still to me it was a clumsy tackle,a yellow as he was stretching to make it not the straight leg controlled stamp they made out

On the highlights Joe showed you see this clearly but not on the edited hatchet job the beeb put out

Sorry, guys, but I've looked at the Arquin tackle several times now and it does look a bit naughty. Yes, the Cunty player makes the most of it, but he was caught on the top of the foot, and that can be pretty painful. Can't see us winning an appeal.

As for the Beeb, they are just a shower of bawbags with an agenda.

I though the red card was soft, defo worthy of a booking but soft red card.

He did catch him, there's no doubt about that but it looked to me as if the clumsiness of the challenge was down to the shove which pushed him off the park and off balance. He then just looked like he stuck the foot out to try and rescue the situation.

Clumsy but no intent to hurt the player IMO and a yellow card.

The Mallandona goal. He did bundle it in with his arm but I'd say he tried to head it and missed.

His hands weren't in an unnatural position or outstretched, accidental and even if the ref did see he hit it in with his arm the goal should stand?

Great 3 points, now bring on the Dundee teams to kick off our home winning run.