Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

Noticed they never put the microphone on the ball for McLeans " goal " against Motherwell , or try and use it on the Aerquin sending off , when it looked like Arrquin may have played the ball .

Perhaps , St Mirren as a team , should start this play acting lark , and try to get others sent off.

I really don't want to see us starting to cheat like that, but I do get mightily pissed off with what seems to be a real lack of consistency in what incidents they highlight and how.

The 'Goodwin Magnifying Glass' being used selectively on us, and not on others does not seem fair in the slightest.

I really don't want to see us starting to cheat like that, but I do get mightily pissed off with what seems to be a real lack of consistency in what incidents they highlight and how.

The 'Goodwin Magnifying Glass' being used selectively on us, and not on others does not seem fair in the slightest.

Its not cheating , its being streetwise , its not diving , its about exaggerating the pain caused by a foul tackle , and trying to get the opposition players booked , we are terrible at it , but every team uses that tactic against us.

Yes the more you see it the worse it gets, any non Saints fan I've spoken to thinks it was a bad challenge.

Probably because the commentators and press have all said so.

The press's initial reaction was that the card was 'very harsh'.

But as soon as TV pronounces its verdict the journos all close ranks.

Even if he did end up stamping on Toshney's foot, it was not intentional, and while it may have been reckless it wasn't dangerous.

I'd be complaining about a yellow card for that, but realise that's what's normally given for a forward's clumsy tackle.

When you look at what Boyd and Miller got away with yellows for at Tynecastle last month, Arquin's was a yellow at most.

Probably because the commentators and press have all said so. The press's initial reaction was that the card was 'very harsh'. But as soon as TV pronounces its verdict the journos all close ranks. Even if he did end up stamping on Toshney's foot, it was not intentional, and while it may have been reckless it wasn't dangerous. I'd be complaining about a yellow card for that, but realise that's what's normally given for a forward's clumsy tackle. When you look at what Boyd and Miller got away with yellows for at Tynecastle last month, Arquin's was a yellow at most.

Probably because the commentators and press have all said so. The press's initial reaction was that the card was 'very harsh'. But as soon as TV pronounces its verdict the journos all close ranks. Even if he did end up stamping on Toshney's foot, it was not intentional, and while it may have been reckless it wasn't dangerous. I'd be complaining about a yellow card for that, but realise that's what's normally given for a forward's clumsy tackle. When you look at what Boyd and Miller got away with yellows for at Tynecastle last month, Arquin's was a yellow at most.

Do you think we'll win the appeal then?

I don't.

Only saw the brief highlights on Sportscene but ............. Another thing standing out was the Saints centre half, he is absolutely useless ! Must get rid of him at once and sign another.

I assume you are talking about Cheesy.

According to most people who were actually at the match, Cheesy had an excellent game.

One of the highlights at Dingwall for me and a lot of Saints fans was the look of sheer ecstasy on Cheesy's face at the end of the match. He is a buddie through and through and while he has made a few individual errors this season (as have a number of other players) this has been a year when collectively we have not enjoyed the rub of the green.

Edited by northstbuddie

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You believe that

Over the past year it has been shown the media are anything but unbiased

Scottish Fitba is corrupt and always has been in my lifetime

I make my own opinions not what the media feed me

Pat Bonnar and Michael Stewart hardly corrupt

That almost sounds like old firm paranoia

Edited by MarkL

Pat Bonnar and Michael Stewart hardly corrupt

That almost sounds like old firm paranoia

It really is quite pathetic, parochialism at its ugliest.

A whole new forum is needed for the amount of people perceived to be against St Mirren.

BBC

Daily Record

Old Firm

Evening Times

Glasgow Herald

Willie Collum

All referees

SFA

Pat Bonnar

Michael Stewart

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

All of Society

IS

Syria

UKIP

Labour

Renfrewshire District Council

SNP

Repeat to fade................................

A whole new forum is needed for the amount of people perceived to be against St Mirren.

BBC

Daily Record

Old Firm

Evening Times

Glasgow Herald

Willie Collum

All referees

SFA

Pat Bonnar

Michael Stewart

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

All of Society

IS

Syria

UKIP

Labour

SNP

You forgot the Paisley Daily Express tut tut

BBC

Daily Record

Old Firm

Evening Times

Glasgow Herald

Willie Collum

All referees

SFA

Pat Bonnar

Michael Stewart

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

All of Society

IS

Syria

UKIP

Labour

SNP

And you forgot the Argies, Shite, sorry, Murray Street!

Edited by sally02

Yep, all this 'agenda' stuff is rather embarrassing. As well as the pundits, bbc, officials etc. do all the st mirren fans who thought arquin's challenge was a bit reckless ALSO have an agenda against st mirren?

It's a delusion of grandeur, that all these different people and organisations would hold a grudge/agenda against us. We're a small team who, out with the people who support it, no one really gives two f'cks about!

Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps everyone does have an agenda against st mirren because they really really really want the famous Ross county to stay up. Or maybe I'm not.

Yep, all this 'agenda' stuff is rather embarrassing. As well as the pundits, bbc, officials etc. do all the st mirren fans who thought arquin's challenge was a bit reckless ALSO have an agenda against st mirren?

It's a delusion of grandeur, that all these different people and organisations would hold a grudge/agenda against us. We're a small team who, out with the people who support it, no one really gives two f'cks about!

Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps everyone does have an agenda against st mirren because they really really really want the famous Ross county to stay up. Or maybe I'm not.

Its not about them wanting Ross County to stay up . They just hate us .

And there are several more names that should be on that list.

Its not about them wanting Ross County to stay up . They just hate us .

And there are several more names that should be on that list.

You have to care enough to hate someone/something. We're just one of many 'diddy' clubs, inter changeable with many others.

I bet if you went on every other team's forum in the league you'd get a few paranoid individuals claiming there's an agenda against their team...