Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

It really is quite pathetic, parochialism at its ugliest.

A whole new forum is needed for the amount of people perceived to be against St Mirren.

BBC

Daily Record

Old Firm

Evening Times

Glasgow Herald

Willie Collum

All referees

SFA

Pat Bonnar

Michael Stewart

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

All of Society

IS

Syria

UKIP

Labour

Renfrewshire District Council

SNP

Repeat to fade................................

Not forgetting Willie Miller and the rest of the Fawning Aberdeen Supporters Club housed in BBC Scotland......

Commentators, Presenters Et Al.........

Just to be sure who we mean....

Edited by thomsons dropped it

A whole new forum is needed for the amount of people perceived to be against St Mirren.

BBC

Daily Record

Old Firm

Evening Times

Glasgow Herald

Willie Collum

All referees

SFA

Pat Bonnar

Michael Stewart

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

All of Society

IS

Syria

UKIP

Labour

SNP

you for got the great unwashed ...

BBC

Daily Record

Old Firm

Evening Times

Glasgow Herald

Willie Collum

All referees

SFA

Pat Bonnar

Michael Stewart

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

All of Society

IS

Syria

UKIP

Labour

SNP

fuxake you've missed out Spartans, Alex Totten the Murray street cleaner.

Club just confirmed that we have appealed Arquins red card.

I tell you what, IF we get that overturned we should kick up all sorts of shit with the authorities. Complain about the number of times we've had bad decisions go against us that've been rescinded when looked at properly. Make a very public show of how we're being treated. Make refs shit scared to give decisions against us.

10.jpg

Ohhhh ...Off ! Off ! Off ! Off ! You just can't go in studs off the ground these days...letter of the law...blah blah.....why are so many of our fans determined to see the worse ...just enjoy the injustice and misery ?

Doesn't matter that he's playing the ball ...just like Arquin it's clear after his foot comes off the ball he's brought his studs down on our lad......lucky he didn't roll around beating the turf and have a Paisley lad as 4th official determined to spot it or he would have been gone

whistling.gif

Edited by Katie Bear

From last week's Killie v Inverness game.

post-634-0-23185700-1421709907_thumb.jpg

Just a yellow card.

And these two from Sevco's last visit to Tynecastle.

post-634-0-65718200-1421713632_thumb.jpg

Just a yellow card.

post-634-0-75646000-1421713605_thumb.jpg

Just a yellow card.

I don't think Saints fans who thing Arquin has been ridiculously harshly cheated - by the 4th official at the game and the pundits last night - are being unreasonable.

I'll say it again, it wasn't dangerous, it wasn't malicious, it didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity.

It wasn't a red.

Edited by Bobby_F

Arquin looked promising. Very harsh sending off. A yellow at most... if even that. he stands on the ball, knocking it away and on the follow through stands on the guy's toe, who then makes a right meal of it.

I do hope he gets out of Hospital soon faint.gif

Clear handball.

Just enjoy it, makes it even sweeter biggrin.png

Unclear handball. Selective angles in photos can show anything/ It wasn't hand ball. It was a brave and great header.

You do know that for handball to be given that you must have made contact with the ball with some part of your arm? I defy anyone to show me CONCLUSIVE proof that the ball was handled. Now, with that proof being absent... why are so many on here convinced it was hand-ball? Worse still, why are so many willing to have a go at OUR players??

We are never going to win the appeal, it will be a complete waste of money.

Glad you said that. We have a good chance now!

Lol.

Prviid

Edited by Vambo57

This is all getting a bit silly now.

We all know the standard of Scottish refereeing is poor. The pictures posted by Bobby_F show exactly how poor they are but us fighting amongst ourselves about a dubious red card seems a bit stupid to me.

Those that are incensed about the decision to send off Arquin are probably joined in number by incensed RC fans, astonished that our second goal wasn't chopped off for a 'blatant' hand ball!! Are they wrong to be unhappy about that one?

I've seen challenges and handballs like these incident a hundred times over years and I've seen the decision given both ways by many referees. It'll be the same for years to come - get over it.

Can't some folk just be happy that WE WON THE GAME !!!!!!

Arquin looked promising. Very harsh sending off. A yellow at most... if even that. he stands on the ball, knocking it away and on the follow through stands on the guy's toe, who then makes a right meal of it.

I do hope he gets out of Hospital soon faint.gif

Unclear handball. Selective angles in photos can show anything/ It wasn't hand ball. It was a brave and great header.

You do know that for handball to be given that you must have made contact with the ball with some part of your arm? I defy anyone to show me CONCLUSIVE proof that the ball was handled. Now, with that proof being absent... why are so many on here convinced it was hand-ball? Worse still, why are so many willing to have a go at OUR players??

Glad you said that. We have a good chance now!

Prviid

One other thing on the handball, it has to be intentional.

Maradona's was. IF it hit Mallandona's hand it was accidental. So NOT an infringement.

I don't see anyone banging on about an agenda, just stating that is three dodgy red cards in massive games, dodgy penalties against us, a valid goal missed and a couple of important penalties not given. It is a hell of a run of bad luck, we aren't exactly a dirty team (odd flying elbow from big Jim aside).

I worry about the poncification of Scottish football that there a handful of nutters on here that think Arquin's foul was a straight red card mind you.

No reaction from County players or their fans.Tells us all we need to know about Sportscene who made no mention of Brown's shocking lunge at the Accies player.For me the worst tackle gone unpunished was Telfer of United against Accies Imrie last Monday.Totally sickened now by BBC and their selected highlights.

From last week's Killie v Inverness game.

attachicon.gifraven.jpg

Just a yellow card.

And these two from Sevco's last visit to Tynecastle.

attachicon.gifmiller.jpg

Just a yellow card.

attachicon.gifboyd.jpg

Just a yellow card.

I don't think Saints fans who thing Arquin has been ridiculously harshly cheated - by the 4th official at the game and the pundits last night - are being unreasonable.

I'll say it again, it wasn't dangerous, it wasn't malicious, it didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity.

It wasn't a red.

I think a way round all the conspiracy stuff would be to issue refs not with red and yellow cards but with scratch cards having the following hidden options when a decision has to be made about possible foul play:

1 do nothing

2 have a quiet word in the players ear

3 caution him - if it is the second one send him off

4 send him off

5 if it is one of the OF lot then only 1 and 2 apply if they commit the foul or 3 and 4 if the foul is against them

You could also have a separate card for penalty incidents, etc.

Let's face it, this method would significantly increase the chances of Collum et al getting it right first time around !

Edited by 3 moffat buds

Its not cheating , its being streetwise , its not diving , its about exaggerating the pain caused by a foul tackle , and trying to get the opposition players booked , we are terrible at it , but every team uses that tactic against us.

FFS it's cheating.

Stop trying to spin it.

Its not cheating , its being streetwise , its not diving , its about exaggerating the pain caused by a foul tackle , and trying to get the opposition players booked , we are terrible at it , but every team uses that tactic against us.

The last time we had a bash at the old 'professional gamesmanship" we got Isma's trial by television and a retrospective ban.

Others seem to be better at it.

Just this season we've had Dundee Utd's Connolly, Motherwell's O'Brien and County's Toshney all collapsing on the ground seemingly facing career threatening injury before recovering to play on and Hib's Thomson and Utd's Armstrong both pulled the same trick last year.

Reds every time...a couple deserved but over exaggerated to get the attention each time

Edited by WirralSaint

I wonder about the fact that if Mallan's goal was an actual handball then why did the three opposition players standing in the immediate vicinity not claim for a free kick.....

Nor the hundred or so County fans behind the goal. Nor in any post match interviews after the game.

I think he heads it on to his hand, it's hard to tell. I don't think it's intentional hand ball though, so it's a correct decision to award the goal IMO.

Few weeks back Mackay scored a goal for ICT, I think it was at Dundee. It hit off his hand and went in. It was correctly given as a goal as it wasn't intentional hand ball.

A ball hitting the hand is not always a foul. Makes no difference where in the park it is, or where the ball ends up after it hits the hand.

I wonder about the fact that if Mallan's goal was an actual handball then why did the three opposition players standing in the immediate vicinity not claim for a free kick.....

I thought that too , also for the sending off offence , the camera focusses on a different angle , with the crowd in the background ( who had the best view ) , not one of them got off their seat and shouted at Arquin after the challenge.

FFS it's cheating.

Stop trying to spin it.

That should be the case , but I,m tired of seeing us get players sent off for nothing , and players booked for their first offence , whilst opposition players seem to be able to commit a number of bookable tackles against us , before one of them actually gets booked.

Nor the hundred or so County fans behind the goal. Nor in any post match interviews after the game.

Nor any of the County fans I spoke to after the game, nor any of the reports in the papers. However, it now appears to be taken as read that it WAS a handball thanks to Sportscene. This is a job for FS; he'll have to inform them of their error. wink.png

One other thing on the handball, it has to be intentional.

Maradona's was. IF it hit Mallandona's hand it was accidental. So NOT an infringement.

While I don't think it was handball I was lead to believe that, if you gain an advantage from the incident, whether deliberate or not, it is deemed an infringement.