Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

Just shows you how disinterested/distracted we all are.

Six-pointer this Saturday and only 23 posts so far.

I see Teale calling it a six pointer too. Has the definition of this changed? It used to only be a six pointer when the teams were separated by three points so the winning outcomes would either see the points level or a team six points ahead hence a six pointer.

Hopeless as we are, i expect Saints to win this game tomorrow as Ross County are rubbish as well. However its too little , too late anyway and relegation beckons.

I would add though, that if we do lose then Gary Teale cannot possibly be considered for the manager position., not with a record like that.

We will not be relegated.

Keep on fighting.

We are not loads of points adrift at the bottom.

shull ur so right. We are not down, we are 6 points off safety and even though we are worried so are county and Well. We are used to this Houdini act, Well are not, they will be cacking themselves and have just lost two big players long term. We get clear of county I am convinced again we will perform the great escape. If we do achieve they what an achievement, no money, no manager and on game 22 finally a CF. This league is a doddle reallywhistling.gif

I see Teale calling it a six pointer too. Has the definition of this changed? It used to only be a six pointer when the teams were separated by three points so the winning outcomes would either see the points level or a team six points ahead hence a six pointer.

The differential to either team is 6 points, either 3 points in front or 3 points behind?

The differential to either team is 6 points, either 3 points in front or 3 points behind?

There is a six point differential for every game played, but the aren't all called six pointers. A six pointer is only ever the case when you could end up either level or six points ahead/behind.

08:44 For Rossco

Anyone out there able to give me a contact number for one of the supporters buses heading up to Dingwall tomorrow? Just realised I had an account on here but my last visit was 2010 lol. I usually drive to all the away games but looking to take the bus up to this one? Any help? Cheers, Scott.

Sigh....

Tile Bar Supporters Club.

On the matchday and travel thread.... if you ever LOOK there...

I hope this helps?

:)

There is a six point differential for every game played, but the aren't all called six pointers. A six pointer is only ever the case when you could end up either level or six points ahead/behind.

For me a six pointer is what Saturday's game is. It has to be against your nearest rivals when every game is crucial. One team may gain 3 points and the other loses the opportunity to gain 3 points as they have now played a game more and lost it. One less game for them to try and catch up.

noun
  1. (informal) a football match between two teams in similar positions in the league table, considered as being worth six points as it not only gains the winning team three points but denies three points to the losing team

I'm with Thor on this one.

I always assumed the phrase was based on a scenario whereby a team that is 3 pts ahead could either stretch their lead to 6 points or have it wiped out entirely. Ergo, there is a potential difference of 6 points advantage or 0 come 4.45pm.

ETA: on account of previous incomprehensible drivel.

Edited by Drew

Anyone out there able to give me a contact number for one of the supporters buses heading up to Dingwall tomorrow? Just realised I had an account on here but my last visit was 2010 lol. I usually drive to all the away games but looking to take the bus up to this one? Any help? Cheers, Scott.

THe Official Site usually has alist of contact numbers.

In each of the last few weeks, I've managed to convince myself that things will be better for the next game, with a new manager appointed and new players sure to be introduced in time for it. After last week's game, there was a media suggestion that we'd sign two new strikers in time for the trip to Dingwall.

So here we are again, after a week packed full of have we been sold/haven't we been sold/should we have been sold etc, with one new striker. We still don't have a manager appointed, we'll still have a midfielder and a left back in central defence, and we better hope that Arquin doesn't get injured. For what is undoubtedly our biggest game of the season, it really is shambolic.

In saying all that, I wouldn't be surprised if we won clap.gif . The first goal is absolutely crucial. Lose it and we're f*cked!

Edited by Edinbuddie

I'm with Thor on this one.

I always assumed the phrase was based on a scenario whereby a team that is 3 pts ahead could either stretch their lead to 6 points or have it wiped out entirely. Ergo, there is a potential difference of 6 points advantage or 0 come 4.45pm.

ETA: on account of previous incomprehensible drivel.

That's still true regardless.

If we lose we'll be three points behind.

If we win we'll be three points ahead.

That's a 6 point swing.