Ross County V St Mirren Premiership 17/1/15

shull

That should be the case , but I,m tired of seeing us get players sent off for nothing , and players booked for their first offence , whilst opposition players seem to be able to commit a number of bookable tackles against us , before one of them actually gets booked.

Well , that sort of thing used to be apparent when we played one of the sisters of ugly , but now , it doesnae need to be the old firm , just happens wa' any c**t. .

While I don't think it was handball I was lead to believe that, if you gain an advantage from the incident, whether deliberate or not, it is deemed an infringement.

You'd think, and indeed I've often said in the past that's what should happen, but it definitely isn't.

If you are standing on the goal line and, for some reason, facing the stand behind the goals, and a shot hits your hand preventing a certain goal - no foul, no card, play on.

That should be the case , but I,m tired of seeing us get players sent off for nothing , and players booked for their first offence , whilst opposition players seem to be able to commit a number of bookable tackles against us , before one of them actually gets booked.

Personally I'm sick of seeing cheating in football. Period.

You can't complain about the problem if you are engaging in it yourself.

Personally I'm sick of seeing cheating in football. Period.

You can't complain about the problem if you are engaging in it yourself.

Whilst part of me agree,s

I would rather St Mirren were further up the league , and playing the game in the same spirit as the rest of the league

than see us isolated at the bottom , because of gentlemanly ideals that other clubs chose to ignore.

Whilst part of me agree,s

I would rather St Mirren were further up the league , and playing the game in the same spirit as the rest of the league

than see us isolated at the bottom , because of gentlemanly ideals that other clubs chose to ignore.

We're at the bottom because we've been shite, not because we've been gentlemen.

We're at the bottom because we've been shite, not because we've been gentlemen.

Last night, Cifti took a swipe at McGinn (two actually, but one connected).

I absolutely loved McGinn's reaction, but contrast that with what most other team's players do - including Toshney on Saturday - and you can see why being a bit more 'streetwise' might make a difference every now and then - and in a lot of our games this season, the margins have been super fine.

We've lost twice to Well whilst out playing them for example.

using the criteria applied to our players, and others, Cifci should get a retrospective red card for that incident. Of course he SHOULDN'T, as the huge amount of red and yellow cards and suspensions, for next to nothing, is ruining the game...cheating the fans of watching good players and forcing clubs to carry 2, maybe 3, extra players to cover for the so easily earned suspensions. The SFA should tell the refs to think once, twice, three times before issuing the cards and also slacken and ease the suspension regime.

and we don't want Cifci supended anyway, we want him scoring the winning goals against Ross County and Motherwell!

using the criteria applied to our players, and others, Cifci should get a retrospective red card for that incident. Of course he SHOULDN'T, as the huge amount of red and yellow cards and suspensions, for next to nothing, is ruining the game...cheating the fans of watching good players and forcing clubs to carry 2, maybe 3, extra players to cover for the so easily earned suspensions. The SFA should tell the refs to think once, twice, three times before issuing the cards and also slacken and ease the suspension regime.

and we don't want Cifci supended anyway, we want him scoring the winning goals against Ross County and Motherwell!

Absolutely correct, John. After the game on Saturday I was wondering how many red cards have been given this season that were rescinded on appeal, and I'm referring to the whole of the league, not just Saints. The governing body really need to take a look at things and try to find a decent balance between common sense and correct decisions.

A red card? I'll never understand how a guy (4th official) who was only a matter of yards away from that could possibly interpret that as a straight red offence.

What a load of nonsense. That red card will be thrown out and the 4th official told to keep his trap shut in future. even the Sfa won't try to claim that is a straight red.

Can't believe anyone thinks that was a red or that it won't be overturned.

If you take the worst possible angle and look at a still taken at the worst possible moment, then you could maybe say his studs were showing - BUT, if you watch the video it's barely a foul.

And the ref actually signals for a throw in.

The 4th official clearly had some kind of agenda, and Toshney's disgraceful acting gave him the opportunity to try to pursue it.

Dodds and McIntyre definitely influence the fourth official who makes a complete Willie Collum of the incident. Why was there any need for him to be involved is beyond me. The linesman had already indicated that he was about to give a throw in.

The actual challenge is at best trodding on his toe and never a red card. Clearly the appeal will favour Arquin as this was yet another monumental f**k up from the officials.

We have to appeal this as it will definitely be overturned. :-)

50/50 challenge and the ref stands there indicating a foul to County. No-one appears in any way excited by what had happened, and you can bet they'd have screaming for it had they thought it was naughty. For the 4th official to get involved, he needs to be 100% certain.

The Thompson sending off, the McLean sending off and now this. I know that it's all down to complete incompetence rather than any malicious campaign against us, but we must be due a fair few decisions in the coming weeks if things do even themselves out.

As Billy G said, as Inverness and County climbed through the leagues, there was always a suspicion amongst fans of the lower league clubs from the south that they tended not to get too many favours from officials up there, especially when they were from the local area. I'm not especially surprised to hear that a local 4th official decided to stick his neb in during a crucial relegation 6 pointer, and that his controversial intervention assisted the Highland team.

Nothing in that. Get appeal in.

It also looks to me as though Arquin is a bit off balance following the barge from the County player and this is probably why its a less than sophisticated challenge for the ball. Never a red card, though.

Seriously concerned about what people are seeing in this incident. It's a challenge for the ball and Toshney goes down like a big f**king fairy. Is this a mans game anymore. Some of these clowns deliberately going to ground in order to get a fellow pro sent off, make me sick.

If the club don't appeal this then I for one will be seething.

Take a bow, gents.

Oh, okay then!

Absolutely correct, John. After the game on Saturday I was wondering how many red cards have been given this season that were rescinded on appeal, and I'm referring to the whole of the league, not just Saints. The governing body really need to take a look at things and try to find a decent balance between common sense and correct decisions.

Trouble is the SFA are fast tracking young refs though and everything by the book

You used the word that most all ignore COMMON SENSE

The best referees i have came across recently are the older ones who have no interest in moving on the ladder

We rarely have any problems.

They do the game,treat the players fairly none of this us or them

Made bad decisions for both sides but there's no such thing as perfection.

Get paid at the end of game and actually talk about the game wether they enjoyed it or not

But through all the game common sense is prevailed,a couple of dodgy tackles early doors and they issue warnings what happens if continued.

Unlike the younger referee who wants up the ladder,everything by the book

First dodgy tackle the cards are out red or yellow

I have been involved this season in game that after 20 mins it's 9v9 after 4 tackles.

No leg breakers or over the ball.

Debateable last man and slightly mistimed tackles

We now all groan when we see a young ref doing a game as it never finishes 11 v 11

Griff, on 19 Jan 2015 - 16:36, said:snapback.png

Its not cheating , its being streetwise , its not diving , its about exaggerating the pain caused by a foul tackle , and trying to get the opposition players booked , we are terrible at it , but every team uses that tactic against us.

The last time we had a bash at the old 'professional gamesmanship" we got Isma's trial by television and a retrospective ban.

Others seem to be better at it.

Just this season we've had Dundee Utd's Connolly, Motherwell's O'Brien and County's Toshney all collapsing on the ground seemingly facing career threatening injury before recovering to play on and Hib's Thomson and Utd's Armstrong both pulled the same trick last year.

Reds every time...a couple deserved but over exaggerated to get the attention each time

So there we go.......first hint of one of our players making the most of a foul.

Arquin goes over after having his foot stood on and immediately we have a ref sprinting in after him declaring a dive and geting his red card aloft.....couldn't wait.