Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

There definitely seems something on the go but what is happening is a mystery. I don't doubt Div would have put something out unless certain but there are too many conflicting stories coming out. I suppose we will know more this week. The board would have to let shareholders know etc. I e way or another I hope something is sorted soon.

Foreign owners. Well that's always worked well in Scottish football unsure.png Despite that I have huge concerns with any new owners no matter if they are from Paisley or not. I'd want them to answer these Qs- Why Saints? What you want to achieve? What if it goes up a certain creek? And how on earth are you going to get £1.5m back when our board has spent years trying to sell it and it looks like we could be relegated?

Obviously the history with foreign ownership is poor so I have concerns these guys are the Angelo Massone, Claude Anelka et al. Dundee did this 'foreign stars and sell them on' and bar Speroni and Caniggia who sold for about £1.5m couldn't shift many others despite them being decent. It ended in tears with admins and £13m of debt. Dundee United are however having a field day with a youth system bringing through kids like Gould, Goodwillie, Russell, Robertson etc.

Whilst we've been crying out for a change in the boardroom, I hope this is the right move. I hope due diligence has been done and I hope it isn't just the board being tired at the situation and bailing as the stuff people are posting about Chile etc. isn't all positive.

We suffered badly in the 90s when our debt caught up with us and endless clubs spent too much. They worked hard to get us out of a huge mess and deserve credit for that. When the rest of Scottish football is hitting the straight and narrow now would be annoying for us to go the other way.

Looked tonight for info. Might be worth searching Ricardo Luis Pini, seems interesting character, but difficult picking through the articles, seems like his brother is also a lawyer/attorney but I couldn't pick up much else. I guess if any buds fluent in Spanish are able to shed some light.

Main things I saw were related to a club in Chile, Rangers de Talca. A company called Piduco SADP bought club.

Guillermo Almada, the guy touted as manager worth a look as does Club Athletico River Plate of Montevideo.

This is a bad dream.

There is no way this can be true ( f*cking please )

Mr Gilmour will come out this week and tell us it's aw a lot of shite and the present Board are staying in place.

Then they will find a way to pass ( sell) St Mirren Football Club to the Fans.

THEY WIDNAE SELL TO NON ST MIRREN SUPPORTERS

wid they ?

This is a bad dream.

Mr Gilmour will come out this week and tell us it's aw a lot of shite and the present Board are staying in place.

wid they ?

He's still away in South Africa is he not? 6 weeks somebody said, at a crucial time when the Chairman should be around unless something is afoot.

This is a bad dream.

wid they ?

The answer to your wee question has to be 'Aye, they wid'. They've been patient but eventually anybody would tire of waiting for the ideal owner. If he or she even exists. I can't see a fan ownership ever coming to pass unless someone or some organisation puts in big dough at the front end. Say £1M. Fans could then via SMiSA or whoever could possibly come up with the balance over a period of years but where would working capital come from? Being able to buy the club is simply the first step along a very expensive road.

Edited by RickMcD

He's still away in South Africa is he not? 6 weeks somebody said, at a crucial time when the Chairman should be around unless something is afoot.

SGG is welcome to post on here to keep us up to date.

The answer to your wee question has to be 'Aye, they wid'. They've been patient but eventually anybody would tire of waiting for the ideal owner. If he or she even exists. I can't see a fan ownership ever coming to pass unless someone or some organisation puts in big dough at the front end. Say £1M. Fans could then via SMiSA or whoever could possibly come up with the balance over a period of years but where would working capital come from? Being able to but the club is simply the first step along a very expensive road.

Working capital comes from the usual places.

Season Tickets, Advertising, Sponsorship, etc.

Working capital comes from the usual places.

Season Tickets, Advertising, Sponsorship, etc.

I know it does, Shull, but on Day1 of a fans' ownership I can't see a significant change unless there is cash to splash. Might not need to be a huge amount but I think it would be needed. We all want the club to survive. That's our priority but a lot of us don't want us becoming an also-ran every year in the 2nd.or 3rd.division or whatever the f**k they call them nowadays. Season ticket Sales, advertising and sponsorship are more easily obtained in the top tier.

This is a bad dream.

wid they ?

We have had 5 years to do that and all we do is fight and bicker among ourselves

They want out and they want their money

Truth be told don't blame them

I would ask the board 2 questions:

1. If this offer had come in a week after the club went up for sale in 2009 would you have accepted it?

2. If this offer came in now, but we were 7th in the league and Tommy Craig was still manager would you have accepted it?

If they can honestly answer "yes" to both then fair enough....

If they can't then they have the responsibility to everyone connected to the club to keep on sitting tight. This is about St Mirren in 2020, 2025 and beyond. If we go down and they end up getting less of a financial return then that's the consequence of them appointing Craig. They have to suck it up like the rest of us.

Edited by Julian Banjos

I know it does, Shull, but on Day1 of a fans' ownership I can't see a significant change unless there is cash to splash. Might not need to be a huge amount but I think it would be needed. We all want the club to survive. That's our priority but a lot of us don't want us becoming an also-ran every year in the 2nd.or 3rd.division or whatever the f**k they call them nowadays. Season ticket Sales, advertising and sponsorship are more easily obtained in the top tier.

Cannae overspend or we die,

Cannae overspend or we die,

Exactly. The day we 'splash the cash' is the day the clock starts ticking on our long term future.

St Mirren - and all clubs - should spend what they bring in. No more, no less. If we start spending more than what we bring in it's only a matter of time before we go into administration.