Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Very different scenario back then.

They had the motivation, energy, and commitment that, by their own admission, they lack now. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I don't trust them, but the simple fact that they want out changes the entire dynamic.

Very true but... they've made there money out of the club with excessive interest's payments on there loans over

the years until it was finally paid off when love street was sold,

It's not their energy that's ran out, it's there revenue stream, one last big pay day when they sell up and it's cheerio

and good luck you''s will need it...bye1.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a third group in for us and all these 'leaks' are a case of trying to bump the price up as much as possible.

You could be right Tam.

The Argentinians interest was very public at the end of last year in the media, whereas the English consortiums interest was plucked out of thin air only a week or two before advanced talks began, despite showing interest since last summer.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this, especially with the silence from the 'bored'...i mean board.

Couple of old stories from the time of the proposed Brearley deal:

"Reg Brearley, the former Sheffield United and Darlington chairman, has won the fight to take over a controlling interest in St Mirren. A rival bid by local businessmen, led by former director Stuart Gilmour, failed." bangin.gif

25/3/98 http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/brearley-gains-control-of-saints-1.349195

4/4/98 http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/saints-lay-down-the-law-on-takeover-1.348184

Another article published about the potential argentine buyers

Once again just proves that these guys can't be trusted there on black list for tax evasion. We simply just can't take the chance.

Totaly pointless I have no idea why gilmour Abd co just diner sell to fans all there hard And good work. Is going down the drain. Every person involved in buying us is a crook

Unfortunately, it doesn't "prove" anything, Just as the various Twitter reports and guff in the Scottish media prove nothing. If someone can come up with some properly researched piece in readable English, it might shed some light on the matter.

Argentinian footballers and third party ownership seems quite common , seem to remember West Ham getting into a lot of trouble with having Mascherano and Tevez , so I hope our perspective new owners know what they are doing , a lot to be exited about , a lot to be nervous about , but please something happen , so we can get enthusiastic about following the Saints

One report I read had Pini stating all Chilean clubs were being investigated. Has he actually been in court, were the club docked points, have FIFA investigated him, were they utilising a loop hole well used in Chile/Argentina/South America? If it's so bad then, why in this day and age with so many sites, is there nothing in English about this whole story?

Quick edit to say that their wiki page mentions nothing of it. They have, interestingly enough, just sold a player to Werder Bremen who was only with them one day after a sale from Palermo then loaned to Werder. Then again, didn't Torres just leave Chelsea for Milan then move straight on loan to A Madrid.

http://www.rangersdetalca.com/portal/entrevista-con-el-presidente-primera-parte/ - if this link works, it's with Pini in November 2013 and from the Rangers Talca official site. If one of you tweeters want to ask the man with the info to translate it.

Edited by TsuMirren

I expect the Argie bid to go the same way as the english one by tea time friday. Unless there are some shocking double standards in play and just because the argies bid is worth more a blind eye is being turned to their consortium members tax affairs and trail of destruction in football thus far?

They, like the english lot appear to be a bunch of shysters looking for a mug punter/s to launder their dirty washing through.

I expect the Argie bid to go the same way as the english one by tea time friday. Unless there are some shocking double standards in play and just because the argies bid is worth more a blind eye is being turned to their consortium members tax affairs and trail of destruction in football thus far?

They, like the english lot appear to be a bunch of shysters looking for a mug punter/s to launder their dirty washing through.

Find one page about the Argies written, not translated to, English. Trail of destruction...one small Chilean club relegated, whilst beginning to build an academy. All because some guy on twitter, could be a lonely kid who writes blogs, is pounced on by more kids as an information messiah. I also thought the English bid was okay, potentially put the club on a better footing. But no, they're shysters because they had staff, ambition and wanted to scout Europe by some means.

Find one page about the Argies written, not translated to, English. Trail of destruction...one small Chilean club relegated, whilst beginning to build an academy. All because some guy on twitter, could be a lonely kid who writes blogs, is pounced on by more kids as an information messiah. I also thought the English bid was okay, potentially put the club on a better footing. But no, they're shysters because they had staff, ambition and wanted to scout Europe by some means.

Shysters because they claimed to represent st mirren fans, because they wanted to double the wage bill(for themselves) and shysters because they were fronted by a convicted con man.

Or maybe they really did want to give all their hard earned cash away to a wee club in scotland for no return?

Have a 'like' for this alone - made me laugh out loud, and realise I'm not alone in thinking this. Is it just me that gets annoyed simply by looking at him and the way he nods constantly like the dug' fae' the Churchill adverts?

Myself and Phil who does the video interviews for the official site managed to annoy him by grabbing Teale to speak to after Saturday's game before he could get to him. I could see him starting angrily at us out of the corner of the eye. Was pretty much the highlight of my afternoon :)

Myself and Phil who does the video interviews for the official site managed to annoy him by grabbing Teale to speak to after Saturday's game before he could get to him. I could see him starting angrily at us out of the corner of the eye. Was pretty much the highlight of my afternoon smile.png

He's still at the ground waiting for that interview by the look of it... phone.gif

post-5834-0-79629900-1421273885_thumb.jp

Myself and Phil who does the video interviews for the official site managed to annoy him by grabbing Teale to speak to after Saturday's game before he could get to him. I could see him starting angrily at us out of the corner of the eye. Was pretty much the highlight of my afternoon smile.png

Which speaks volumes for the fair on the park!

No. However, I did speak to Gilmour after McGeochgate, and on the basis of that conversation, I'd be interested to hear his response to the suggestion that he is in cahoots with Ken.

it's amazing what can be put to one side when there is money to be made

they don't need to kiss and make up, just agree not to tear lumps out each other

As a chef in the kitchen we have a saying that goes well with a lot of things in life.

If in doubt throw it out !

As a chef in the kitchen we have a saying that goes well with a lot of things in life.

If in doubt throw it out !

Our fans will pick holes in everything though. Even if the board do due dilligence and believe a group is right that new group will spend the first few months answering question after question. My main, let's call it gripe, is that all concerns start off as "they're foreign". Have we really become ignorant thick f**ks who wouldn't look out of place at Ibrox? I have concerns, but it's not like there's a torrent of info out there so I will trust the board and have no reason to doubt Div.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/q-a-what-can-st-mirren-fans-expect-from-south-american-owners.116192278

This piece written by Graeme macpherson needs to be read. Interview with fan of chilean rangers, goes into detail about ricardo pini's time in charge and it is isn't comfortable reading

How did the consortium reach a point of being so desperate for their money they are willing to even entertain these people?

Our fans will pick holes in everything though. Even if the board do due dilligence and believe a group is right that new group will spend the first few months answering question after question. My main, let's call it gripe, is that all concerns start off as "they're foreign". Have we really become ignorant thick f**ks who wouldn't look out of place at Ibrox? I have concerns, but it's not like there's a torrent of info out there so I will trust the board and have no reason to doubt Div.

I get what your saying.

My preferred bid was the English one though I don't know the finer detail.

The Argentine bid put fear into me , rightly or wrongly I can't get out of my head why people who live more than a 15 hour flight to London away would want to purchase St Mirren unless they could see a way of making "good" money. Remember they are not going to be watching many home games never mind away games unless of course it comes out the club for traveling expenses. Profits would be filtered through to Argentina. What would be put back into the club by a bunch of guy's who have connection to the club apart from ownership from a far off distant land.

When Div wrote the deal was on I was truly worried. However I would be gob smacked if the board went for this deal it does not take a lot of thinking to add the word "fishy" to this proposed deal.