Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I'm not sure what the hold up has been this week, but as far as I am aware the agreement remains in place and the Argentinian consortium will still become the owners of the club. If I hear anything different I will be sure to post it.

Well, I hope your info' is wrong Div. I remain deeply concerned as to why an overseas consortium were interested in Motherwell, then us, and other clubs in other countries. If we are to be used as some sort of transit lounge for players in a human cattle market - that's not St Mirren, that's businessmen using us for their own ends.

We haven't heard a peep from the board about the sale, the management, the home record and falling gates, the real threat of relegation. Nothing - not even a call for unity and to get behind the team. Nothing.

Worrying times. I await the SMiSA campaign to get as many fans to join as possible. I hope they are planning one.

Listening to GT and the way he goes about his business, he doesn't come across as someone who will not be part of a new regime. Assuming he knows more than most does this suggest that he will be pointed manager on a permanent basis once the sale is complete? Not the worst outcome.

I don't imagine Gary Teale really knows much of anything and is simply going about his business week to week.

Div has nothing to apologise for. He was given specific information from a trusted source and he posted exactly what he was told. He even stated he knew nothing more that what he had been told. He passed in it good faith to the public domain as he (rightly) assumed that fans would be keen to read about it.

What if he hadn't posted anything and a week later if the club had been sold he tells everyone 'I knew a week ago but did not say anything even though I had been told that I could tell the world?' Would the forumsters not have been a bit pissed off?

There is loads of absolute garbage posted on this site and often when I see a poster's name I just ignore what they have to say. However Div gives us accuracy and inside information that few others are able to (including our own Club!). Think he needs some slack here. He posted in good faith from a trusted source - it isn't his fault it hasn't happened (yet).

And no we are not related smile.png

I think the criticism is that the information was leaked to suit someone's agenda.

There's an old Klingon saying - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

As good as....

Same tactics taken at Ibrox.

You don't need the shares if you have the power/credit line...http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-power-battle-how-mike-4527461

Oh, so he doesn't own them. You just made it up for effect. He certainly has major influence, but thAts not the same, is it?

I'm with those who feel very nervous in what direction the club will go when the take over happens Pozbaird points out my concerns perfectly.

There is a side of me that knows most of the board are hard core fans surly they will not let the club down. I find it hard to believe they would walk away with the club going tits up.

Also who are the Argies going to get to run the club , the Argies have their fingers in a lot of pies by the sounds of it in other clubs they want to take over.

Is it possible we will still have some of the current board kept on to run things.

So many questions with no answers.

If the club goes the way Pozbaird is predicting as a possible outcome then my day's as Bud are numbered.

I'm with those who feel very nervous in what direction the club will go when the take over happens Pozbaird points out my concerns perfectly.

There is a side of me that knows most of the board are hard core fans surly they will not let the club down. I find it hard to believe they would walk away with the club going tits up.

Also who are the Argies going to get to run the club , the Argies have their fingers in a lot of pies by the sounds of it in other clubs they want to take over.

Is it possible we will still have some of the current board kept on to run things.

So many questions with no answers.

If the club goes the way Pozbaird is predicting as a possible outcome then my day's as Bud are numbered.

Who is the new SG, who is in the Paisley area on the ground, in the boardroom each meeting, in the directors box each Saturday, and who attends SPFL meetings representing St Mirren is one question (of many) I have asked in previous posts.

Seeing as how we fans know nothing, all we have are our own guesses, so here's one. Say the Argentinian bid is for real and goes through. Say they sell SG and Co on the idea that St Mirren being a transfer holding area to process players through benefits both the club and the new owners - are there any examples of this arrangement working to the benefit of any other Scottish clubs? Has this been done before at a senior Scottish club? Are there any examples of a foreign consortium coming in, staying the course, and it not ending like Hearts, Livvy, Dundee or Gretna?

If the answer is no, and there are no successful examples, then just what was so scary about the 10000hours plan not having been done before?

http://www.diaridegirona.cat/girona-fc/2015/01/18/ricardo-pini-ja-girona-ultimar/706260.html

Google translate on this says ricardo pini arrived in girona from Buenos Aries at the weekend to look at the club's books with a view to buying them. Says he will be in spain until the 29th. Not sure what that means for us, possible he is planning a trip to paisley while he's in europe.

Given their business model appears to be in shifting players around, it is possible they are looking to buy more than one club

Quite simply anyone can buy SMFC....

But will we be mastered by some ....

Bastard......

Not this buddy, if i dont like what your about i'm happy to play the long game to see you out and the fans in!

You are just a snapshot in time, SMTID and the next generation will have been in place long before then!

Edited by Lord Pityme

The more I read about this proposition, the more uncomfortable reading this makes.

Until we hear anything in black and white from either party (literally) about what this means then I am laying my cards on the table here. I am violently against this proposal.

No way do I want to see our great club being used as a tax dodge by a bunch of unscrupulous South American charlatans. I stand to have much egg on ones face, but given how we fought off Brealey and how we worked so hard to be a stable, relatively debt free club then I urge us to chase these Gaucho chancers to f**k from our club. I make no apology for the tone here, but there is too much at stake.

If there wasn't a better time to strengthen as a collective support in joining SMISA, that time is now.

Div has nothing to apologise for. He was given specific information from a trusted source and he posted exactly what he was told. He even stated he knew nothing more that what he had been told. He passed in it good faith to the public domain as he (rightly) assumed that fans would be keen to read about it.

What if he hadn't posted anything and a week later if the club had been sold he tells everyone 'I knew a week ago but did not say anything even though I had been told that I could tell the world?' Would the forumsters not have been a bit pissed off?

There is loads of absolute garbage posted on this site and often when I see a poster's name I just ignore what they have to say. However Div gives us accuracy and inside information that few others are able to (including our own Club!). Think he needs some slack here. He posted in good faith from a trusted source - it isn't his fault it hasn't happened (yet).

And no we are not related smile.png

I agree in general with your post. Regarding the bit I've put in bold, knowing some people on here, they would have reacted like "Aye, right Div! It's easy to say you knew something was going to happen after it happened."

I do understand where Buddiecat is coming from though and agree that certain things should be a "no-no" for the public domain. Just for arguments sake, imagine that a bid for the Club, not necessarily this particular bid, was on offer and it got out on here or elsewhere. The interested party could immediately think "Well if that's how they conduct themselves as a business and a Club, we would rather go elsewhere." I'm not saying that's what will happen in this case but it's the sort of thing that I'm sure goes on in the world, so from that point of view I can get and agree with Buddiecat. This doesn't mean I'm anti-Div or think he's the reincarnation of Joseph Goebbels.

I thought that was pop princess P!nk? Oaksoft will know?

LeAnn Rimes definitely has a song with a lyric like that. I, erm, like a bit of modern country... LeAnn Rimes, Little Big Town, Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts... What can I say?

Anyway... These fcuking Argies!? What's the script.

Who is the new SG, who is in the Paisley area on the ground, in the boardroom each meeting, in the directors box each Saturday, and who attends SPFL meetings representing St Mirren is one question (of many) I have asked in previous posts.

Seeing as how we fans know nothing, all we have are our own guesses, so here's one. Say the Argentinian bid is for real and goes through. Say they sell SG and Co on the idea that St Mirren being a transfer holding area to process players through benefits both the club and the new owners - are there any examples of this arrangement working to the benefit of any other Scottish clubs? Has this been done before at a senior Scottish club? Are there any examples of a foreign consortium coming in, staying the course, and it not ending like Hearts, Livvy, Dundee or Gretna?

If the answer is no, and there are no successful examples, then just what was so scary about the 10000hours plan not having been done before?

The story i heard one of the present board is staying on

Oh, so he doesn't own them. You just made it up for effect. He certainly has major influence, but thAts not the same, is it?

I think it might have been Henry Ford, when warned that he might be breaking laws, said, "Don't talk to me about laws, I've got the power."

If you believe that Mike Ashley does not "own" Sevco and and Oldham, then I concede that you're accurate. In a legal sense.

Do you think Mike might know the difference - and care?

BUD & iTony

I am certainly not having a pop at you guys. Div runs a fans' website for the fans to air their views and encourage debate and discussion about our club. He does not represent the Club.

Div also feeds us information as he has many sources. in the past he has held back on detail and held off stories as he had been told in confidence.

In this case I am assuming that one of his good sources told him the story and told him it was ok to leak it. However the outcome has not materialised as yet. Maybe Div is being used or maybe a problem has occurred that the source did not forsee. That is between Div and his source. I am sure there was no attempt by Div to mislead us and maybe in future he will be more wary of this source as maybe his trust has been shaken a little. However in the circumstances I think he was right to publish in the good faith that he had received the information.

As for the source then I agree it does not show up well as a Club if confidential information is leaked or a fans' forum is used as a pawn in a game. Very amateurish indeed. Once bitten twice shy I hope. :)