Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

After 5 years of waiting for developments a few more days won't really hurt. Yes the timing is lousy but at the end of the day if these new owners are serious then they will have players lined up to come in as soon as they are in control so as long as it's done before the end of the month it won't matter too much.

After 5 years of waiting for developments a few more days won't really hurt. Yes the timing is lousy but at the end of the day if these new owners are serious then they will have players lined up to come in as soon as they are in control so as long as it's done before the end of the month it won't matter too much.

A few more days might not make any difference, but like the vast majority of people on here, the prospect of this Argentinian takeover fills me with considerable dread.

This nightmare scenario is only on the cards because the selling consortium is now so desperate for a sale after 5 barren years of trying to attract a buyer.

I accept that there is a very slight chance that this takeover might work out ok (contrary to most people's expectations), but I very much doubt it.

This is an unacceptable risk that the selling consortium is contemplating and the total lack of (official) information does not help!

A few more days might not make any difference, but like the vast majority of people on here, the prospect of this Argentinian takeover fills me with considerable dread.

This nightmare scenario is only on the cards because the selling consortium is now so desperate for a sale after 5 barren years of trying to attract a buyer.

I accept that there is a very slight chance that this takeover might work out ok (contrary to most people's expectations), but I very much doubt it.

This is an unacceptable risk that the selling consortium is contemplating and the total lack of (official) information does not help!

I'm not massively keen on the idea either big man, but we've had five years of this, it's time for a change.

Without knowing all the details I don't think any of us can really judge it, and we will only know more once it's completed.

Frustrating but after all the good they have done for the club I'm still pinning my hopes on the selling consortium having done their homework on this.

I'm not massively keen on the idea either big man, but we've had five years of this, it's time for a change.

Without knowing all the details I don't think any of us can really judge it, and we will only know more once it's completed.

Frustrating but after all the good they have done for the club I'm still pinning my hopes on the selling consortium having done their homework on this.

THATS THE "DREAD"

Dread and Hope are pretty much two sides of a coin.

With another Red Card refereeing scandal and the incredibly biased sport scene trying to say Mallandonna handled for his goal, I'd love new owners in that are willing to fight the SFA on decisions and also ban the likes of the BBC's Sutherland from SMP.

The only problem div is that once it's completed it will be too late and any subsequent judgement on our part will be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

The only problem div is that once it's completed it will be too late and any subsequent judgement on our part will be a case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Think that was always going to be the case when the club is sold to private investors mate.

We have long established that only Gordon Scott and Ken McGeoch were the only two St.Mirren fans with the appetite and the finance to even think about funding the purchase of the club, and both failed at different stages with their proposed bids.

The supporters were the only other viable option and that bid also failed.

That left us inevitably being sold to an outside investment group, and you are never going to get the detail behind any such bid until it's completed unfortunately.

I asked a question elsewhere in all seriousness, because I do not know the answer - are there any examples of a foreign consortium coming into a Scottish senior club and it not ending like Romanov, Massone, Stefano or Anelka?

Americans invested in Dundee a year or so ago, although I don't know if they're running the whole thing. Seems to be going OK so far but it's Dundee so financial catastrophe is only ever a few years away.

IT's total pot luck I suppose. Never fails to amaze me the amount of successful businessmen - regardless of nationality - who are useless when it comes to running a football club.

Edited by Stu

Think that was always going to be the case when the club is sold to private investors mate.

We have long established that only Gordon Scott and Ken McGeoch were the only two St.Mirren fans with the appetite and the finance to even think about funding the purchase of the club, and both failed at different stages with their proposed bids.

The supporters were the only other viable option and that bid also failed.

That left us inevitably being sold to an outside investment group, and you are never going to get the detail behind any such bid until it's completed unfortunately.

The problem with this particular takeover bid is that we know very little other than what we can scour on the internet (and that does not make for happy reading). The fact that it comes from another continent does not help the information process but at least if the bid had come from Scottish or UK businessmen we would have been better placed beforehand to make an informed assessment of the bid.

This is a risk that is not worth taking unless more supportive evidence comes to light on the merits of the takeover bid.

The problem with this particular takeover bid is that we know very little other than what we can scour on the internet (and that does not make for happy reading). The fact that it comes from another continent does not help the information process but at least if the bid had come from Scottish or UK businessmen we would have been better placed beforehand to make an informed assessment of the bid.

This is a risk that is not worth taking unless more supportive evidence comes to light on the merits of the takeover bid.

You mean like the UK based bid the board recently rejected, who only informed us of their plans after they were knocked back?

I asked a question elsewhere in all seriousness, because I do not know the answer - are there any examples of a foreign consortium coming into a Scottish senior club and it not ending like Romanov, Massone, Stefano or Anelka?

Not Scottish, but then it's a very limited market. It's primed for being taken for one due to the lack of pride in itself. Livingston's first Chairman was hardly much worse than Massone, whilst the Old Firm hardly fill their first teams with home grown talent. Indeed, just look at Celtic for moving players on with Harper, Wanyama and Forster.

Watford did fairly well out of the tie in with Udinese. Plus, let's face it, CSD Rangers Talca have just received a 7 figure sum from Werder Bremen for a player brought in by Pini. Their fans must be raging.

Edited by TsuMirren

You mean like the UK based bid the board recently rejected, who only informed us of their plans after they were knocked back?

At least we found out at some stage before it became a fait accompli.

We don't have a scooby about the Argies' intentions!

DO THE SELLING CONSORTIUM?

Edited by northstbuddie

The problem with this particular takeover bid is that we know very little other than what we can scour on the internet (and that does not make for happy reading). [/b]

Have you scoured properly or did you Graeme it?

The tax evasion was where Argentinian clubs engaged other clubs, those clubs were from Uruguay, Chile and Switzerland. When investigated in 2012, the Argentinian clubs stated it was legal. Pini, in an interview no journo has EVER referenced, stated the club used it because the system allowed them to. The money received allowed to develop the club so why not get involved. Pini was still running the club in 2013 and has never been done or ruined a club.

For the record, the end result of the Argentinian investigation was 140+ agents suspended, 2 players suspended and new forms put in place for a refined registration sysyem.

Compare that to clubs in administration, not exactly the same.

Americans invested in Dundee a year or so ago, although I don't know if they're running the whole thing. Seems to be going OK so far but it's Dundee so financial catastrophe is only ever a few years away.

IT's total pot luck I suppose. Never fails to amaze me the amount of successful businessmen - regardless of nationality - who are useless when it comes to running a football club.

Dundee chairman Colvin is Scottish, as are other BoD members. Nelms & Keyes are two Americans on the BoD. This seems (to me) akin to SG, McAusland and Campbell still being at SMFC and being joined by new investors from overseas.

I remain troubled about 'foreign takeovers' in the Scottish game - and, it must be said, some well dodgy British characters at a club five miles up the road.

Wee pay for the club I purchase 3 season tickets every year I go to all St.Mirren games home and away buy 3 St.Mirren strips every year give them £250 Donation every year at there end of season dinner which I also pay to attend...

So when fans put there money into a club they deserve answers!

It's the boards responsibility to inform us of what's happening and what the Argentina consortium have planned for the club untill the deal is done!

So why have they not done this? Why the hold up?

I am not a Board hater far from it! I remeber the dark days.

My Dad and Grampa also gave money to the club to stop Reg Bealy getting his hands on St.Mirren but the present board saved us and I am thankful to them!

But there silence has now become disrespectful to us the fans who deserve answers!

A few days will hurt the club we play Dundee untied in a few days and need players! If the Argentina n's have player's waiting to come to the club then it can take 14 day's to get them a visa if there from outside Europe!

So in a few day's time wee play United at home a place we have not won all season with only 1 new player a striker who can only play because we are appealing his sending off with a manager who is in temporary charge!!

What if the Deal falls through???

Do we have a enough time or money to sign players?

Who will the manager be?

The Board should be telling us what the hold up is!

Gilmour Caldwell and cronies wee needed answers a few day's ago! Another few days is a disgrace to wait on news and makes all the difference!!!

Wee pay for the club I purchase 3 season tickets every year I go to all St.Mirren games home and away buy 3 St.Mirren strips every year give them £250 Donation every year at there end of season dinner which I also pay to attend...

So when fans put there money into a club they deserve answers!

It's the boards responsibility to inform us of what's happening and what the Argentina consortium have planned for the club untill the deal is done!

So why have they not done this? Why the hold up?

I am not a Board hater far from it! I remeber the dark days.

My Dad and Grampa also gave money to the club to stop Reg Bealy getting his hands on St.Mirren but the present board saved us and I am thankful to them!

But there silence has now become disrespectful to us the fans who deserve answers!

A few days will hurt the club we play Dundee untied in a few days and need players! If the Argentina n's have player's waiting to come to the club then it can take 14 day's to get them a visa if there from outside Europe!

So in a few day's time wee play United at home a place we have not won all season with only 1 new player a striker who can only play because we are appealing his sending off with a manager who is in temporary charge!!

What if the Deal falls through???

Do we have a enough time or money to sign players?

Who will the manager be?

The Board should be telling us what the hold up is!

Gilmour Caldwell and cronies wee needed answers a few day's ago! Another few days is a disgrace to wait on news and makes all the difference!!!

I don't think it's right to expect owners to divulge what might be sensitive information openly just to appease those who buy the products the owners supply. It's a choice we make to spend our hard earned cash on season tickets, strips and memorabilia. No one forces us to do so. We have as much right to expect this information as the press. None. Zilch, Zero.

At least we found out at some stage before it became a fait accompli.

We don't have a scooby about the Argies' intentions!

DO THE SELLING CONSORTIUM?

Only because their bid was knocked back and they spat the dummy.

Nobody had an inkling of their plans, whilst they were negotiating with our board. They were convinced the deal was about to go through. Did they share their plans with us at that point?

Nobody had an inkling of their plans, whilst they were negotiating with our board. They were convinced the deal was about to go through. Did they share their plans with us at that point?

I'm not sure any buying consortium has really shared their plans beforehand. We already have a new ground, training complex and "more players coming through" so there's not much to sort aside from league placing and quality of players coming in. Everyone wants investment, new people to chuck their own cash in. Obviously there's concerns of where it comes from and we'll all think "errrr, f**king pardon" if we read anything about high 6 figure transfer fees. I'm sure the Fans Forum will ask questions, but with most things we'll not have much of an in.

I'm not sure any buying consortium has really shared their plans beforehand. We already have a new ground, training complex and "more players coming through" so there's not much to sort aside from league placing and quality of players coming in. Everyone wants investment, new people to chuck their own cash in. Obviously there's concerns of where it comes from and we'll all think "errrr, f**king pardon" if we read anything about high 6 figure transfer fees. I'm sure the Fans Forum will ask questions, but with most things we'll not have much of an in.

I don't want new people to chuck cash in or promise 'cash investment' and talk about Europe, challenging at the top, taking us to the next level, living the dream, or any of that shite. We've smelled that bullshit at other clubs.

I want people to be running the club who aren't simply there for a buck, or to act as an intermediary for some kid's journey from Bogota to Berlin via a three month stint in a St Mirren strip.

I would like people with ideas and drive, who are able to engage with the support. My personal belief is that St Mirren, as a club, an entity, wouldn't know a good idea if it jumped up and smacked them in the gob. We smack of a corner shop who is resigned to life as a corner shop.

If other folk disagree, I respect their opinion.

No one expects the fans to be consulted prior to a deal being struck but they would assume the selling consortium to have quizzed the potential buyers as to their intentions, business plan and personnel (with a knowledge of the Scottish game) to be appointed to take things forward.

That to me seems both reasonable and feasible. However, there has been no indication from Pino & Co that they know anything about the Scottish game and set up, nor have they sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market. The lack of information and reassurance from the selling consortium would lead the fans to fear a 'Vladimir Romanov-type' experience, which you will recall almost resulted in the demise of Heart of Midlothian.

Edited by northstbuddie