Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

A fair question mate, but I would think that after all the publicity, and constant speculation in the media about this prospective takeover, that if the deal was dead in the water the selling consortium would be all over the press, given how keen they are to sell.

I agree there has been some publicity about the proposed deal but to be fair, imo almost all the speculation i've seen has been on this forum! huh.png

I just can't see this deal going through. If you're very interested in buying a football club I imagine that the last thing you do is head off to another country and try to buy another one.

The reports suggest that Pini is spending around 2 weeks in Girona going through the books with an auditor and having a series of meetings to organise their bid. They spent a single day in Paisley and by all accounts left without expressing much serious interest.

If they were seriously interested in buying Saints, they would surely be spending the 2 weeks in Paisley not Girona.

Looks to me like Saints are at best a back up plan. And if they are telling the BOD they are planning to put a serious offer on the table, the BOD are surely being strung along.

Apart from anything else I don't suppose they have unlimited finance and if the Girona deal costs them an extra £1.5M they won't be able to finance a deal for Saints.

Even if it was to go through, it hardly looks likely it will be done before the window shuts (as Pini is in Girona until the 29th). By which time Saints will have been without a manager for about 8 weeks (10 league games) during what is a critical part of the season.

Nothing short of a disaster for the club; and not exactly a great way to treat the fans either.......

Much too sensible for blackandwhitearmy. How dare you

I agree there has been some publicity about the proposed deal but to be fair, imo almost all the speculation i've seen has been on this forum! huh.png

There has certainly been plenty on this forum, 904 posts on this thread alone, but if you go back to the beginning of the thread you will find plenty of links to various newspapers, radio, and BBC Sports online articles regarding the Argentine bid.

Or maybe there is an imminent deal but it is not with the Argies. They are just a smokescreen. Letting everyone go off and chase details about them hides the real buyers from too much scrutiny. Not in a bad way, just avoids publicity.

A definite possibility, our BoD seem to have a penchant for the cloak and dagger stuff shuriken.gif

But either way, it would indicate to me that some sort of deal is being thrashed out, or maybe I've read too many spy novels..

Keep it under your hat!

My sauce (HP) informs me that the delay is down to the Argies opting to play the long game until everyone in their set up is available to take up their new roles. Even down to new groundstaff who know a thing or two about spreading fertiliser across the pitch.

Ally+McCoist+Kenny+McDowell+QGLXBnz_eWPm

offtopic.gif Moving complete off-topic sales of the brown stuff are down threatening production of the most famous brand (HP) which is made in Holland. ohmy.png

Having said all that I'm prepared to speculate on the existence of a Dutch consortium seeking to buy De Saints!

I,m wondering if the Spanish club are in a wee bit of debt , and there is very little cost involved , and its just a matter of taking over the running of the club at very little cost .

I,m being very optimistic here , but we have a very decent set up , and with modest investment and the right contacts , we could be playing in Europe , which would create a wider audience for the youngster the Argentinians hope to bring to our club.

The reports suggest that Pini is spending around 2 weeks in Girona going through the books with an auditor and having a series of meetings to organise their bid. They spent a single day in Paisley and by all accounts left without expressing much serious interest.

It's warmer in Girona. whistling.gif

Far from it be from me to stir up trouble, but...

...Slarti disnae think you're pretty.

The wee scamp!

As it goes, I am pretty.

Indeed, I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and.... still waiting on some developments with this sale.

I,m wondering if the Spanish club are in a wee bit of debt , and there is very little cost involved , and its just a matter of taking over the running of the club at very little cost .

I,m being very optimistic here , but we have a very decent set up , and with modest investment and the right contacts , we could be playing in Europe , which would create a wider audience for the youngster the Argentinians hope to bring to our club.

Griff how many times have I told you to stay off the weed. This is the last time mate it's for your own good.

As you know, I like everyone else, am not well informed.

As I assumed.

So I wonder how you came about this nugget of information or are you just making it up?

nor have they sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market