Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

If you read my post you will find out

I've read it.

You quite clearly state , in an earlier post, that they haven't " sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market" despite having no knowledge of their plans.

That's a fairly definite statement to make, just because the Argentines haven't blabbed the details of their plans to the to the media.

Then you go on to say:

If any link-ups with Scottish coaches/players had been mooted by the prospective purchasers, it would have been in both parties' interests to let the fans know, without revealing the details/identities in advance.

Really?

I don't remember the other consortium (or any other interested parties for that matter) doing this before or during negotiations. So why should the Argentine consortium be any different?

I'm certainly not convinced that it would be in either parties interest to interrupt negotiations to start informing fans of the details of any proposed set up.

It's called reality, as opposed what you want to hear.

If the deal happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I've got some trepidation about any deal, but I'm a bit excited at the same time.

Edited by FTOF

I've read it.

You quite clearly state , in an earlier post, that they haven't " sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market" despite having no knowledge of their plans.

That's a fairly definite statement to make, just because the Argentines haven't blabbed the details of their plans to the to the media.

Then you go on to say:

Really?

I don't remember the other consortium (or any other interested parties for that matter) doing this before or during negotiations. So why should the Argentine consortium be any different?

I'm certainly not convinced that it would be in either parties interest to interrupt negotiations to start informing fans of the details of any proposed set up.

It's called reality, as opposed what you want to hear.

If the deal happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I've got some trepidation about any deal, but I'm a bit excited at the same time.

What I meant to say was:- "However, there has been no indication from Pini & Co that they know anything about the Scottish game and set up, nor that they have sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market."

In the absence of information from either party it is natural to form assumptions and opinions in a discussion forum like this. I did not mean to mislead anyone.

You obviously seem to be more trusting and positive about this prospective takeover than me.

Edited by northstbuddie

Not the experience the club in Chile had with them though.

They got promoted, spent two years in the top flight and went down again. They also invested in a training complex and the club just received a 7 figure fee from a deal Pini was involved in. Of course some fans didn't like going back down, but then again the current top flight only has one club with a below 10,000 ground. Rangers is 8,200 or so, which points to them maybe being a small club. Oh and the Pini's bought the club at an auction, it was hardly top two and in continental tournaments.

Apologies, once again, for the research.

They got promoted, spent two years in the top flight and went down again. They also invested in a training complex and the club just received a 7 figure fee from a deal Pini was involved in. Of course some fans didn't like going back down, but then again the current top flight only has one club with a below 10,000 ground. Rangers is 8,200 or so, which points to them maybe being a small club. Oh and the Pini's bought the club at an auction, it was hardly top two and in continental tournaments.

My comment was about the Argentinian owners engaging the fans of the club they own. Something which did not happen with the club in Chile.

But, but, he told Chic that wouldn't be the case. Perhaps, like with the appointment of Craig, there's a danger they've made a c**t of things again.

So what major decisions have been made in the time SG has been in South Africa? No decision on a successor to Tommy Craig, no decision on a sale of the club, 5 or 6 players out the door in January and Teale retired as a player and 1 player in.

The 7 figure player would be Argentinian, Santiago Garcia, who played for Rosario in Argentina and then moved onto Italy with firstly Novaro Calcio, then Palermo. He played 41 times for Palermo and was then transferred to Talca Rangers in Chile on 31st August 2013. The next day on the 1st September 2013 he was loaned to Werder Bremen, playing 22 times that season. The loan ended on 30th June 2014 and the next day he was signed by Werder, and has played 16 times this season. The total fee payed by Werder (loan and transfer) is listed as £1.8 million of which a third went to Palermo. Of the rest we can only surmise how much went to Talca. KPMG state that third party owners in South America can own up to 50% of a players rights. FIFA say 25% of transfers go to the player or agent. That would leave £300000 for Talca who were 100% owned by Piducano SADP, in turn owned by the brothers Pini. Rosario might have had a cut of future transfers. Talca might have got £150000 or maybe less. Santiago Garcia never played for Talca; nor even visted the club or Chile while registered with them. The Pini brothers sold Talca in September 2014. There were no taxes on football transfers in Chile, but I guess a transfer from Italy to Germany would incur taxes.Taxes would be payable by football transfer sellers and buyers in the UK.
This was all decided to be legal after numerous court cases, but in January 2013 the Argentinian FA and tax authorities announced they would bring in rules to ban third party ownership,invoke new taxes related to football transfers and insist on new registers of player ownership.They have blacklisted clubs considered to have abused the transfer/tax system.
The whole thing has a whiff of EBTs about it. Legal but pursued relentlessly by the taxman and then banned.
I can't see how any of the above would be allowed under existing SFA and HMRC rules.Third party player ownership is banned by the SFA. Dual ownership/interest of clubs is banned by the SFA (Rankine and Ashley), so any Girona purchase would surely mean deal off.
The new owner of Talca has admitted that the Pini brothers still have interests in many squad players.
Talca Rangers were in administration when the Pini brothers bought them in an auction. Girona FC are currently in administration. I don't think, thankfully, St.Mirren are anywhere near administration. If the Pini brothers, the Floridian hotelier and the other bloke gain control of St.Mirren through T4C Sports Ltd I hope they have a new business model.

So what major decisions have been made in the time SG has been in South Africa? No decision on a successor to Tommy Craig, no decision on a sale of the club, 5 or 6 players out the door in January and Teale retired as a player and 1 player in.

TC out along with 5 or 6 six players (haven't you answered your own question)

The 7 figure player would be Argentinian, Santiago Garcia, who played for Rosario in Argentina and then moved onto Italy with firstly Novaro Calcio, then Palermo. He played 41 times for Palermo and was then transferred to Talca Rangers in Chile on 31st August 2013. The next day on the 1st September 2013 he was loaned to Werder Bremen, playing 22 times that season. The loan ended on 30th June 2014 and the next day he was signed by Werder, and has played 16 times this season. The total fee payed by Werder (loan and transfer) is listed as £1.8 million of which a third went to Palermo. Of the rest we can only surmise how much went to Talca. KPMG state that third party owners in South America can own up to 50% of a players rights. FIFA say 25% of transfers go to the player or agent. That would leave £300000 for Talca who were 100% owned by Piducano SADP, in turn owned by the brothers Pini. Rosario might have had a cut of future transfers. Talca might have got £150000 or maybe less. Santiago Garcia never played for Talca; nor even visted the club or Chile while registered with them. The Pini brothers sold Talca in September 2014. There were no taxes on football transfers in Chile, but I guess a transfer from Italy to Germany would incur taxes.Taxes would be payable by football transfer sellers and buyers in the UK.

This was all decided to be legal after numerous court cases, but in January 2013 the Argentinian FA and tax authorities announced they would bring in rules to ban third party ownership,invoke new taxes related to football transfers and insist on new registers of player ownership.They have blacklisted clubs considered to have abused the transfer/tax system.

The whole thing has a whiff of EBTs about it. Legal but pursued relentlessly by the taxman and then banned.

I can't see how any of the above would be allowed under existing SFA and HMRC rules.Third party player ownership is banned by the SFA. Dual ownership/interest of clubs is banned by the SFA (Rankine and Ashley), so any Girona purchase would surely mean deal off.

The new owner of Talca has admitted that the Pini brothers still have interests in many squad players.

Talca Rangers were in administration when the Pini brothers bought them in an auction. Girona FC are currently in administration. I don't think, thankfully, St.Mirren are anywhere near administration. If the Pini brothers, the Floridian hotelier and the other bloke gain control of St.Mirren through T4C Sports Ltd I hope they have a new business model.

You forgot to add 'Apologies for doing my research'!

Although I think you are entitled to add 'Apologies for doing fully comprehensive, non-selective to suit my own personal agenda Research'

You forgot to add 'Apologies for doing my research'!

Although I think you are entitled to add 'Apologies for doing fully comprehensive, non-selective to suit my own personal agenda Research'

I don't have an agenda. I'd just rather any deal was scuppered because the Board did research, as opposed to prospective buyers reading ill informed postings on a forum.

I've previously highlighted the investigation, the fact the player moved very quickly and that Pini has discussed the movement of players in the past. I'll admit I didn't know all the %'s and splits, but well done to mjb for doing so.

"If the Pini brothers, the Floridian hotelier and the other bloke gain control of St.Mirren through T4C Sports Ltd I hope they have a new business model." - Did any of us know that it was T4C Sports Ltd?

None, which was my point. To take six weeks off when you've just sacked your manager, have the club purchase ongoing, have one group coming up to sign papers and the transfer window is in full flow. It's questionable to say the least.

None, which was my point. To take six weeks off when you've just sacked your manager, have the club purchase ongoing, have one group coming up to sign papers and the transfer window is in full flow. It's questionable to say the least.

When push comes to shove the chairman usually has the casting vote unless there is a clause in the partnership or articles of association which demands unanimous decisions and that's not normally the case. And as has been pointed out we've still got Bell telephones and other gizmos to keep SG appraised of the situation.

Thanks for that , good post