Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I can't see how any of the above would be allowed under existing SFA and HMRC rules.Third party player ownership is banned by the SFA. Dual ownership/interest of clubs is banned by the SFA (Rankine and Ashley), so any Girona purchase would surely mean deal off.

Correct me if im wrong, though is the sfa dual ownership not only against owning more than one UK based teams?

If i have managed to keep abreast of developments then I would categorise the current situation thus....

We are being offered to The good townsfolk of Girona, Catalonia, Spain as part of a fee + club deal.

Fortunately Ryan Air fly from nearby (don't tell the tourists) Glasgow Prestwick airport so our friends and relatives will be able to visit, but only in the summer months....

or....

Similar to the above substituting the Townsfolk of Girona for those following the fortunes of Talcum Powder Rangers. Hope this helps anyone just logging into the thread.

What I meant to say was:- "However, there has been no indication from Pini & Co that they know anything about the Scottish game and set up, nor that they have sought to involve anyone with a detailed knowledge of players, teams, tactics and dealings in the transfer market."

In the absence of information from either party it is natural to form assumptions and opinions in a discussion forum like this. I did not mean to mislead anyone.

You obviously seem to be more trusting and positive about this prospective takeover than me.

You could have corrected that about 5 posts ago and saved the forum members from our drivel.whistling.gif

More trusting? Nope.

More positive? Possibly.

I prefer to wait and see what the Argentines, if indeed they do take over the club, have to say before making my mind whether to write them off or not.

If i have managed to keep abreast of developments then I would categorise the current situation thus....

We are being offered to The good townsfolk of Girona, Catalonia, Spain as part of a fee + club deal.

Fortunately Ryan Air fly from nearby (don't tell the tourists) Glasgow Prestwick airport so our friends and relatives will be able to visit, but only in the summer months....

or....

Similar to the above substituting the Townsfolk of Girona for those following the fortunes of Talcum Powder Rangers. Hope this helps anyone just logging into the thread.

Not offered, the club was sold last week, did you not know that. But for gods sake don't berate me for telling you that, it came from a source who is very close to the media, and we all know they dont just stick stories out that have no truth in them (even though it helps them sell advertising space). I now expect undying faith from several mindless followers who will believe that i have the ability to walk on water and that even though what i say has turned out to be a crock of shit, you yourself will be labeled as a disbeliever, and i will continue to be a legend in the eyes of the faithfull.

Edited by buddiecat

A few more days might not make any difference, but like the vast majority of people on here, the prospect of this Argentinian takeover fills me with considerable dread.

This nightmare scenario is only on the cards because the selling consortium is now so desperate for a sale after 5 barren years of trying to attract a buyer.

I accept that there is a very slight chance that this takeover might work out ok (contrary to most people's expectations), but I very much doubt it.

This is an unacceptable risk that the selling consortium is contemplating and the total lack of (official) information does not help!

Vast majority?

Has someone conducted a poll among a support that is not privy to the details of any negotiations?

They'll have a long wait if they're wanting to fly from Prestwick to Gerona this summer ! bye1.gif

A different slant on all the goings on over last month or so.

Could this one director who by all accounts single handedly stopped the English Consortium buying the club be the same person giving out information that club would be sold within a week to a group who had already planned to spend two weeks in Spain.

We all know alot of people in control of St Mirren have our best interests at heart but what if this one director thought to himself this deal with English Consortium is actually quite good for the future of the club but they were pis**d off with all the negativity coming from the fans so stopped it out of spite.

It would be an ideal way to get back at maybe all the negativity the present board has had to deal with and what better way than knock back the good deal on table, then sell to what looks like a bad deal and walk away with same money laughing your head off at how you shafted all the fans after years of abuse.

A few of my saints mates think there is something in this too.

What does everyone else think?

Anyway back to the match.

A different slant on all the goings on over last month or so.

Could this one director who by all accounts single handedly stopped the English Consortium buying the club be the same person giving out information that club would be sold within a week to a group who had already planned to spend two weeks in Spain.

We all know alot of people in control of St Mirren have our best interests at heart but what if this one director thought to himself this deal with English Consortium is actually quite good for the future of the club but they were pis**d off with all the negativity coming from the fans so stopped it out of spite.

It would be an ideal way to get back at maybe all the negativity the present board has had to deal with and what better way than knock back the good deal on table, then sell to what looks like a bad deal and walk away with same money laughing your head off at how you shafted all the fans after years of abuse.

A few of my saints mates think there is something in this too.

What does everyone else think?

Anyway back to the match.

That is probably the most ridiculous post I have ever read on this forum, and that is saying something. lol.giflol.giflol.gif