Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

It looks like thing might be moving on in Spain. The Pini brothers took the huff after the Girona folk wanted the 600000 euros required to pay the clubs immediate debts and avoid bankruptcy next month on top the agreed 2.4 million sale price. The brothers said the 600000 was previously agreed to be part of the 2.4 million. The Pinis went off to see the Barca v A.Madrid game, saying it would be the plane home after that. Somebody must have blinked in the Mexican standoff as Girona released this yesterday;

Girona FC wishes to report that it has signed a confidentiality agreement between the Club and Mr. Richard Pini. With this agreement the parties agree to work together to determine the economic needs of the club and establish economic roadmap to end the season. Girona believes that this is a step forward in negotiating the entry of Mr. Richard Pini a shareholder of the club.

There seems to be an agreement for addons of up to a million euros if Girona go back up to La Liga this year. Hopefully, that would bust the Pini's kitty and we can wait for a Brown/Budge, mixed with the current board and a dash of fans instead.

If instead the Pinis have loads of money and go for the double with St.Mirren then it's worth considering that third party ownership is allowed in Spain and that one of Girona's top players is one Franco Sandaza erstwhile of these parts.

Legalities/formalities by all accounts.

Oh aye St Mirren is the next big thing in Europe. Get yer heed screwed on mate this is going to be disaster unless of course you believe in the fairy tooth queen which I take you do ! Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Oh aye St Mirren is the next big thing in Europe. Get yer heed screwed on mate this is going to be disaster unless of course you believe in the fairy tooth queen which I take you do !

At what point, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywhere, have I stated I believe we'll be the next big thing in Europe? I can see it might be a disaster, but then fan ownership could be an unmitigated disaster also. If we take a player on in the summer window then sell him in the winter window then so what. I don't see too many here, never visit, then on as we'd be investigated and the player would need either a work permit or Spanish passport prior to being registered and considered ours. It's not like Pini was done for not paying tax on players wages, indeed he's NEVER been done as such and never been convicted.

My comment above was just the latest I know, i.e. SG has agreed the deal and nothing has changed in the belief that it's 100% agreed and awaiting the formalities.

At what point, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanywhere, have I stated I believe we'll be the next big thing in Europe? I can see it might be a disaster, but then fan ownership could be an unmitigated disaster also. If we take a player on in the summer window then sell him in the winter window then so what. I don't see too many here, never visit, then on as we'd be investigated and the player would need either a work permit or Spanish passport prior to being registered and considered ours. It's not like Pini was done for not paying tax on players wages, indeed he's NEVER been done as such and never been convicted.

My comment above was just the latest I know, i.e. SG has agreed the deal and nothing has changed in the belief that it's 100% agreed and awaiting the formalities.

Apart from being the new Paisley auction cattle market which does not bother me to be honest it's the profits leaving the club and the starvation of investment even on simple things like the up keep of the stadium. These guy's are here to make as much money as possible for themselves not for St Mirren make no mistake Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Apart from being the new Paisley auction cattle market which does not bother me to be honest it's the profits leaving the club and the starvation of investment even on simple things like the up keep of the stadium. These guy's are here to make as much money as possible for themselves not for St Mirren make no mistake

Huge assumption, but you're obviously entitled to it.

It looks like thing might be moving on in Spain. The Pini brothers took the huff after the Girona folk wanted the 600000 euros required to pay the clubs immediate debts and avoid bankruptcy next month on top the agreed 2.4 million sale price. The brothers said the 600000 was previously agreed to be part of the 2.4 million. The Pinis went off to see the Barca v A.Madrid game, saying it would be the plane home after that. Somebody must have blinked in the Mexican standoff as Girona released this yesterday;

Girona FC wishes to report that it has signed a confidentiality agreement between the Club and Mr. Richard Pini. With this agreement the parties agree to work together to determine the economic needs of the club and establish economic roadmap to end the season. Girona believes that this is a step forward in negotiating the entry of Mr. Richard Pini a shareholder of the club.

There seems to be an agreement for addons of up to a million euros if Girona go back up to La Liga this year. Hopefully, that would bust the Pini's kitty and we can wait for a Brown/Budge, mixed with the current board and a dash of fans instead.

If instead the Pinis have loads of money and go for the double with St.Mirren then it's worth considering that third party ownership is allowed in Spain and that one of Girona's top players is one Franco Sandaza erstwhile of these parts.

You seem very well informed mjb.

Apart from being the new Paisley auction cattle market which does not bother me to be honest it's the profits leaving the club and the starvation of investment even on simple things like the up keep of the stadium. These guy's are here to make as much money as possible for themselves not for St Mirren make no mistake

No current or previous St Mirren owner has been able to make money out of St Mirren football club. So if the new owners are able to just that then good luck to them.

As long as we have number one, a team to support and number two, a team that is battling a few places higher up the league than we are now, then I will be happy.

If the Argies can make some dosh at the same time then fair play to them because it certainly won't be an easy job to make money out of St Mirren.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

Pini took Talca out of administration and did invest in training facilities. There is no reason both the club and the new owners could make money. I do agree we will need to watch them like hawks and strengthen Smisa as a representative of the fans, but I don't think making rash and negative assumptions is helpful.

I'd also say it is quite interesting that at current transfer market prices it could be argued that Mallan, McGinn and McLean could be sold for quite a bit more than the value of the club (1.5m) My concern would be where those sort of transfer fees would go.

Pini took Talca out of administration and did invest in training facilities. There is no reason both the club and the new owners could make money. I do agree we will need to watch them like hawks and strengthen Smisa as a representative of the fans, but I don't think making rash and negative assumptions is helpful.

I'd also say it is quite interesting that at current transfer market prices it could be argued that Mallan, McGinn and McLean could be sold for quite a bit more than the value of the club (1.5m) My concern would be where those sort of transfer fees would go.

What are you suggesting.

If the current BOD stay it will be right back into the club.

What are you suggesting.

Surely the big question is, if the Argentinian consortium (or the English one) come in next week and say Kenny McLean is sold for £500,000 before the end of the month, where does the money go? Does it stay with St Mirren, as it would do now and be used to benefit the club over the next few years OR would it go into the owners pockets as a return on their investment? The same question applies to any other homegrown players that are developed and sold.

If it's the second scenario, the consortium make money and the club see no benefit.

If the current BOD stay it will be right back into the club.

Surely the big question is, if the Argentinian consortium (or the English one) come in next week and say Kenny McLean is sold for £500,000 before the end of the month, where does the money go? Does it stay with St Mirren, as it would do now and be used to benefit the club over the next few years OR would it go into the owners pockets as a return on their investment? The same question applies to any other homegrown players that are developed and sold.

If it's the second scenario, the consortium make money and the club see no benefit.

One I know would happen, the second one is my big concern.

If the board would get the finger out and market our young players a bit better has Hamilton and Dundee Utd do then this whole sale could be avoided. Nobody can tell me this Hamilton full back is worth 2m and McLean is worth less than 500k. Mallan is a find, there will be clubs lining up.

Surely an agreement could be reached where a fans takeover is not financed by an Anne Budge but by these transfer fees going to pay back the board's investment in the club and the club being slowly passed over to a democratic fans group.

If I was SG I would really consider whether my legacy to St Mirren & Paisley is less important than 100k that he probably does not really need.

If the board would get the finger out and market our young players a bit better has Hamilton and Dundee Utd do then this whole sale could be avoided. Nobody can tell me this Hamilton full back is worth 2m and McLean is worth less than 500k. Mallan is a find, there will be clubs lining up.

Surely an agreement could be reached where a fans takeover is not financed by an Anne Budge but by these transfer fees going to pay back the board's investment in the club and the club being slowly passed over to a democratic fans group.

If I was SG I would really consider whether my legacy to St Mirren & Paisley is less important than 100k that he probably does not really need.

I don't believe there would be enough Saints fans with the cash to commit to the ongoing funding of our club. Serious cash and long term tied in commitment required (IMO) if the fans will ever takeover the club.

I don't believe there would be enough Saints fans with the cash to commit to the ongoing funding of our club. Serious cash and long term tied in commitment required (IMO) if the fans will ever takeover the club.

By the model I suggested above the fans do not need to raise the 1.5m (or 1m to be more realistic).

If the club is run to break even what funding is required?

There would be a couple of thousand of us willing to pitch in to a rainy day fund.

By the model I suggested above the fans do not need to raise the 1.5m (or 1m to be more realistic).

If the club is run to break even what funding is required?

There would be a couple of thousand of us willing to pitch in to a rainy day fund.

You need to fund the dips in cashflow, in other words a bit of float is required. Not really sure you're model would work though, must be all manner of hidden costs or possible claims of tax evasion.

You need to fund the dips in cashflow, in other words a bit of float is required. Not really sure you're model would work though, must be all manner of hidden costs or possible claims of tax evasion.

Surely it is just a dividend being released to shareholders as any private company is allowed to do. I am far from an expert, I'll admit, but it seems more rational and straightforward than turning the club in to some base for a triangulation system to shift players from Argentina to Italy.

You could have corrected that about 5 posts ago and saved the forum members from our drivel.whistling.gif

More trusting? Nope.

More positive? Possibly.

I prefer to wait and see what the Argentines, if indeed they do take over the club, have to say before making my mind whether to write them off or not.

Chill out mate - we support the same team but obviously disagree about the merits of this takeover bid even although neither of us know anything about it (like everyone else on here).

I think it's a case of a glass half empty or half full, until such time as more of the details are known.

My problem is by that time it will be too late.

I'm quite happy to jump to the conclusion there must be something in it for Pini and his cohorts. If there isn't anything in it for them, then WTF are they doing flying halfway around the world buying into a club in Chile, trying to buy one in Spain, and sniffing around Motherwell and St Mirren in Scotland?

I'm quite happy to jump to the conclusion there must be something in it for Pini and his cohorts. If there isn't anything in it for them, then WTF are they doing flying halfway around the world buying into a club in Chile, trying to buy one in Spain, and sniffing around Motherwell and St Mirren in Scotland?

I'm sure there is.

I imagine with the prospect of promotion to La Liga there is the potential to make a lot of money in Girona, especially as they are currently heading towards administration and may be avialble at a relatively low price.

As far as Saints are concerned, even when we exceed all expectations and win a national trophy, it doesn't actually make much money for the club. I think that strongly suggests that the potential to significantly increase income in the near future and make large amounts of money for the Pini's at Saints is limited.

I expect that explains why these guys are currently in Spain and not Scotland.

They won around the world tickets, so decided to take in some free hospitality and football games.whistling.gif