Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I'm sure there is.

I imagine with the prospect of promotion to La Liga there is the potential to make a lot of money in Girona, especially as they are currently heading towards administration and may be avialble at a relatively low price.

As far as Saints are concerned, even when we exceed all expectations and win a national trophy, it doesn't actually make much money for the club. I think that strongly suggests that the potential to significantly increase income in the near future and make large amounts of money for the Pini's at Saints is limited.

I expect that explains why these guys are currently in Spain and not Scotland.

La Liga is about to agree to go to a collective TV deal from season 16/17. Currently, the teams negotiate their own deals, with Barcelona and Real Madrid getting the lion's share of the TV money. It seems the big 2 will still get the most, but the smaller clubs, like Girona if promoted, would see large increases. So they would be the equivalent of a Burnley in the EPL, £30 miilion a year. I don't think Sportscene will ever pay that.

Graeme McPherson reckons they're not back to continue talks till early Feb.

And in the meantime we will continue to stumble along until the close of the transfer window without resolving the manager issue? And consequently having little opportunity to add significantly to the squad.

I have a lot of respect for what SG has acheived with the club, but at this moment I'm really struggling to see how this situation can be considered in the best interests of the club (which is the duty of the BOD). Certainly in the short term.

Furthermore this situation has dragged on for nearly 2 months now, with absolutely zero information for the fans about plans or timescales for the manager; bringing in new players. As a season ticket holder I certainly didn't buy my ticket expecting to watch the team remaining mangerless for 1/3 of the season and fritter away their chances of survival by a complete lack of action during their only opportunity to reorganise and make improvements to the team.

It seems to me this is a very poor way to treat your customers, and I'm not convinced that this would be tolerated in many other businesses. And if the recent attendance v. Dundee Utd is anything to go by, it's having a significant impact on the clubs customers too.

Edited by ds10

[

And in the meantime we will continue to stumble along until the close of the transfer window without resolving the manager issue? And consequently having little opportunity to add significantly to the squad.

I have a lot of respect for what SG has acheived with the club, but at this moment I'm really struggling to see how this situation can be considered in the best interests of the club (which is the duty of the BOD). Certainly in the short term.

Furthermore this situation has dragged on for nearly 2 months now, with absolutely zero information for the fans about plans or timescales for the manager; bringing in new players. As a season ticket holder I certainly didn't buy my ticket expecting to watch the team remaining mangerless for 1/3 of the season and fritter away their chances of survival by a complete lack of action during their only opportunity to reorganise and make improvements to the team.

It seems to me this is a very poor way to treat your customers, and I'm not convinced that this would be tolerated in many other businesses. And if the recent attendance v. Dundee Utd is anything to go by, it's having a significant impact on the clubs customers too.

Gary Teale has stated that he is working to bring in another two players and that he was hoping before the Dundee game. I assume he knows the position in that he is manager until the club knows exactly what is happening regarding a buy out.

Agree its not an ideal situation however under Teale we are playing as well as we would with any outsider coming in , only my opinion

[

Gary Teale has stated that he is working to bring in another two players and that he was hoping before the Dundee game. I assume he knows the position in that he is manager until the club knows exactly what is happening regarding a buy out.

Agree its not an ideal situation however under Teale we are playing as well as we would with any outsider coming in , only my opinion

Teale is our manager. He's letting players go, signing players, appealing decisions.... Etc. He won't be doing anything different when the term interim is removed from his title.

Teale is our manager. He's letting players go, signing players, appealing decisions.... Etc. He won't be doing anything different when the term interim is removed from his title.

Agree , in his short term as manager things have dramatically changed for the better. slowly results and performances have improved. He has got rid of the dross while working hard to bring in new blood. He also sounds professional when talking. We are bonkers not to get him tied down as a manger long term as Teale obviously has what it takes

Agree , in his short term as manager things have dramatically changed for the better. slowly results and performances have improved. He has got rid of the dross while working hard to bring in new blood. He also sounds professional when talking. We are bonkers not to get him tied down as a manger long term as Teale obviously has what it takes

It all points to one thing , the Argies ! They'll want to decide who manages the club and what position , if any , Teale is appointed to. There's no other obvious reason for the silence and non-appointment of Teale. In any other circumstances GT would have the job by now !

[

My comment wasn't about Teale's performance as manger.

It was the fact that the club haven't done anything to sort the situation out. (From STV today "Teale hasn't been offered any clarity on his future with the Paisley club")

This uncertainty cannot be a benefit to the team, or to trying to attract players.

And I don't see how leaving all this up air can be of any benefit to the club, at what is the most critical point of the season.

My comment wasn't about Teale's performance as manger.

It was the fact that the club haven't done anything to sort the situation out. (From STV today "Teale hasn't been offered any clarity on his future with the Paisley club")

This uncertainty cannot be a benefit to the team, or to trying to attract players.

And I don't see how leaving all this up air can be of any benefit to the club, at what is the most critical point of the season.

Agreed , you have to take off your hat to Gary Teale for working under difficult circumstances , just proves what a "professional" guy he is.

As Billy points out above can only be for one reason and that's the Arigie Bargie take over

Aye and they are keeping it from us because..........nah i cant think of any reason why it's being kept from us, unless of course it never was likely to be sold last week and some smartass from the board used it for some underhand reason

I get that you need to keep business decisions confidential until the ink has dried. But that doesn't stop you telling your shareholders and customers what your current intentions are, and if they don't come to pass how you intend to move on.

You would think after the clusterf**k of 10kh the selling consortium would have learned in observation how much damage is reaped by not or being unable to communicate. The selling consortium are entitled to sell, and we trust them at their word that they will do so only to the right people. It would be timely though to remind themselves just exactly where over £3million comes from into the club each year!

Never mind leaking shite to suit who'll pay a £1 more. Without the customers there is nothing worth selling!

Edited by Lord Pityme

I get that you need to keep business decisions confidential until the ink has dried. But that doesn't stop you telling your shareholders and customers what your current intentions are, and if they don't come to pass how you intend to move on.

You would think after the clusterf**k of 10kh the selling consortium would have learned in observation how much damage is reaped by not or being unable to communicate. The selling consortium are entitled to sell, and we trust them at their word that they will do so only to the right people. It would be timely though to remind themselves just exactly where over £3million comes from into the club each year!

Never mind leaking shite to suit who'll pay a £1 more. Without the customers there is nothing worth selling!

I actually felt 10KH's communication was beyond what we get from the current board. It was, at least, two way.

Who knows, maybe the Argies said "here's an extra 200K on top of the English bid, now shut it"...in Spanish obviously.

In all seriousness, I do think the legalities are just taking longer than expected. Do the board fear a torrent of online opposition or a protest at the ground, which could put the Argies off? Who knows!

I actually felt 10KH's communication was beyond what we get from the current board. It was, at least, two way.

Who knows, maybe the Argies said "here's an extra 200K on top of the English bid, now shut it"...in Spanish obviously.

In all seriousness, I do think the legalities are just taking longer than expected. Do the board fear a torrent of online opposition or a protest at the ground, which could put the Argies off? Who knows!

Re your last question. They are going the right way about cultivating such a action!

The board don't communicate with the support unless they need us for something. Why would a torrent of online abuse even remotely register with them, much less concern them.

They have responded to me in the past, once for just clicking "like" on an abusive post from a n other, ( it was a very favourable response for me - after the initial gnashing of teeth for my "like") but their silence over this deal is what's leading to all the hoohah, but like you i don't think they will respond on this topic, they dont need us for this supposed deal and wont consider keeping us up to date on it.