Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

No quoting you f**ks it up because you made an arse of it in fact constantly make an arse of it and there ends up with code in your quotes. Look at the post I quoted. And stop f**king replying inside the quote box.

Read his post, again you've made an arse of reading it. What he says is an investment of 500grand could get us into Europe but an investment of 500grand couldn't get girona into Europe as it would cost more ffs.

Older posters, blah blah. I've been alive for all our European ties.

St Mirren could get Europe on the back of say £500K investment, Girona wouldn't survive in La Liga on that. Hell, they need that to get out of administration.

St Mirren could get Europe on the back of say £500K investment, Girona wouldn't survive in La Liga on that. Hell, they need that to get out of administration.

I disagree there is far more money in Spanish football second tier than there is in Scottish football top tier. You would also have the best South American footballers in the consortium agent list going to Spanish football before Scottish football. We will have the crumbs.

Its your enthusiasm for this take over I pick up on, there seems to be no worries everything will be sunshine and gold. Considering what other clubs in Scotland have experienced with owners from far off lands it surprises me your not slightly on the side of cautious. Motherwell were their first choice and were nocked back.

Anyway we will see what will happen this week as FTOF has wrote but I would be surprised if this deal will go through , if it does I really fear the worst time will tell

I know there's more money in the Spanish second tier, but it'll still take more for them to get to Europe than it would us!

I just don't like the piss poor reporting by the national press. I obviously have worries, not to mention experience of a club takeover and being on a club board. My caution led me to investigate both sides, as opposed to the one that sells papers or fluffs my ego.

From what I've seen, heard and been told it has gone through. With that knowledge at hand the Girona thing intrigues me.

No quoting you f**ks it up because you made an arse of it in fact constantly make an arse of it and there ends up with code in your quotes. Look at the post I quoted. And stop f**king replying inside the quote box.

Read his post, again you've made an arse of reading it. What he says is an investment of 500grand could get us into Europe but an investment of 500grand couldn't get girona into Europe as it would cost more ffs.

Go and take a chill pill or same anger management courses , twat !

I disagree there is far more money in Spanish football second tier than there is in Scottish football top tier. You would also have the best South American footballers in the consortium agent list going to Spanish football before Scottish football. We will have the crumbs.

Its your enthusiasm for this take over I pick up on, there seems to be no worries everything will be sunshine and gold. Considering what other clubs in Scotland have experienced with owners from far off lands it surprises me your not slightly on the side of cautious. Motherwell were their first choice and were nocked back.

Anyway we will see what will happen this week as FTOF has wrote but I would be surprised if this deal will go through , if it does I really fear the worst time will tell

I know there's more money in the Spanish second tier, but it'll still take more for them to get to Europe than it would us!

I just don't like the piss poor reporting by the national press. I obviously have worries, not to mention experience of a club takeover and being on a club board. My caution led me to investigate both sides, as opposed to the one that sells papers or fluffs my ego.

From what I've seen, heard and been told it has gone through. With that knowledge at hand the Girona thing intrigues me.

Only time will tell mate I have been away from home for the past 6 weeks so don't get the papers only reading what's on here. Let's see what develops at the end of the day we all want what is best for St Mirren

Don't suppose you have heard any detail ?

Even if the sale has happened, it's now too late for this season. No manager and transfer window closes in 6 days. Only hope is we get lucky and somehow finish above Motherwell and avoid the play off. Having seen Hibs, they look a certainty to come up with their city neighbours.

St Mirren could get Europe on the back of say £500K investment, Girona wouldn't survive in La Liga on that.

Firstly, I don't believe there is any way St Mirren could get into Europe on £500k. We could spend that now and still not stay up this season. £500k would give us the wages to bring in 5 players for one year who ought to be better than what we have (not hard at the moment). That's assuming you could get them all on frees with no signing on fees, and assuming that they all settle in and don't get injured. That might be enough to get us in the top 6, but quite possibly not given that we have never managed it even with significantly better squads than this one. To get into Europe would need that sort of investment again, unless we got lucky and won the cup.

Secondly, getting into Europe will undoubtedly result in the club making a loss. Where is the benefit to the owners in St Mirren playing a couple of qualifying rounds, beating some amateurs from Andorra and then losing to Albanians or Moldovans? It would be a good laugh for the fans but ultimately the club would lose money, and there would be no showcase for foreign stars.

Is all of the above just smoke and mirrors to let time tick over until we play NYCFC and Sheik Mansour decides to buy us with the loose change down the back of his opulent settee???

He wouldn't be permitted to own both Man City and St.Mirren by the SFA don't you know !

Totally appreciate the views of hose who are rubbishing my original story on this thread, but my understanding was, and still is two weeks on, that the deal to sell to the Argentinian consortium is agreed and is going through.

I've not heard anything much over the intervening two weeks other than the deal is currently going through due legal processes.

Why that is taking so long I have absolutely no idea I'm afraid, but I've heard nothing to suggest there is any problem.

Billy Davies was definitely interested in buying the club a couple of years ago, not sure how far that interest went.

Still lives local I believe, Ralston ?