Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Stevie Archibald.... *insert whistling smiley*

Yep, an ambiguous tweet but would make sense. Pini's pulling out of Girona deal, he is a Spanish speaking Scot, and lives near Girona. New Chief Exec? Hope not. Anyone seen the Pini's on the Ryanair flight tonight from Girona to Prestwick. Arrives 2245 so they might catch the last train to Gilmour St. Somebody tell them Kilwinning is their stop.

The men from Buenos Aries have said no to Girona. Went back home last night. They had agreed 2.3 million euros, with an extra 1.7 million if Girona gained promoted this season.Sticking point was a guarantee there were no nasty liabilities lurking in Girona's books.Seems the deal could still be completed long distance, but has to before Feb 19 when the club could be declared bankrupt.

So neither Girona or St.Mirren appear to be getting sold this week.

On the managerial position i take it

Indeed. The deal won't be happening so they've appointed Teale till the end of the season.

I spoke to the horses mouth on more than one occasion last year and each time he assured me that a deal to sell the club (not the Argie deal) was just about to happen. The horses mouth was so sure that he went ahead and bought all my shares... lol.gif:

Edited by another alias

I suspect it might all happen at the end of the season , potentially a couple of transfers coming in , most of the top earners at the end of their contracts , and more a less a blank canvas .

What a disappointment the last couple of seasons have been , how can a team make so many duff signings

I suspect it might all happen at the end of the season , potentially a couple of transfers coming in , most of the top earners at the end of their contracts , and more a less a blank canvas .

What a disappointment the last couple of seasons have been , how can a team make so many duff signings

Make that transfer fees coming in please ,

On condition we stay up possibly.

The movie is based on an elaborate plot by an out of town shyster to suck in a load of investors to a scheme that has no hope of success and ultimately crashes and burns! Di Caprio is up for the lead.

Working title - The W**k of Douglas Street

no i was more thinking of a Valentines day meets football match, meets Burger theft meets Monkey

Meanwhile the head of the Argentinian consortium looking to take over at St Mirren is expected back in Scotland next week for further talks after failing to conclude a deal to buy the Catalan club Girona FC.

Ricardo Pini, the Buenos Aires lawyer and businessman, flew home on Thursday night after two weeks of discussions with the bankrupt Spanish second division club failed to lead to an agreement. The deal is said to be "frozen" rather than dead but it is thought Pini will now turn his attention again to St Mirren and is scheduled to fly to Scotland on Thursday for further discussions with the Paisley club.

A majority stake in St Mirren has been up for sale since September 2009 without the selling group of directors being able to find a suitable buyer. A proposed deal with an English consortium fell through shortly before Christmas.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/hutchison-completes-motherwell-takeover.117411842