Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I think (and I could be wrong) if the Argentinian bid had collapsed then I would have thought there would have been conformation fro the BoD. Would it be as SG always states, "in the best interests of the club" to willingly get relegated just to receive the parachute payment?

Well Brian McAusland did confirm the Argies had been to the Motherwell game before Christmas and there had no been no contact since.

No need for a statement if there's nothing to add to that - which I suspect there's not.

Well Brian McAusland did confirm the Argies had been to the Motherwell game before Christmas and there had no been no contact since.

No need for a statement if there's nothing to add to that - which I suspect there's not.

Surely if there was an interest from the Argentinian consortium and that interest was no longer there (keeping in mind GT was interviewed on the subject and they were at the stadium) if that interest is no longer there........ Why the silence from St Mirren? Why didn't/don't they let the supporters know?

Surely if there was an interest from the Argentinian consortium and that interest was no longer there (keeping in mind GT was interviewed on the subject and they were at the stadium) if that interest is no longer there........ Why the silence from St Mirren? Why didn't/don't they let the supporters know?

Well McAusland said they had been shown around the ground but they hadn't made an offer.

Surely that's letting us know? What more is there to say? That there still hasn't been an offer made?

Well McAusland said they had been shown around the ground but they hadn't made an offer.

Surely that's letting us know? What more is there to say? That there still hasn't been an offer made?

Well if they come out and say the consortium are not interested and there is no offer on the table and that's the end of story, to me would put it to bed. I haven't seen nor heard of anything along those lines. Have you?

Well if they come out and say the consortium are not interested and there is no offer on the table and that's the end of story, to me would put it to bed. I haven't seen nor heard of anything along those lines. Have you?

Well they can't speak for the Argentines can they?

They said there's no offer on the table. They aren't to know if the Argentines are still interested or not.

Edited by TopCat

Reports in Spain that the Argies are about to buy Girona for €2m. Looks like we've missed the boat on this one.

You are bang on with that mate. THE DEAL FOR ST MIRREN IS OFF.

I spoke to my mate tonight who lives in the Costa del sewage (Malaga). He says that it is in the Spanish media today that Pini arrived in Girona today and the deal will be announced by tomorrow afternoon.

Apparently, Pini and his brother Sebastien along with a USA based Argie and a Swiss investment company will be shelling out 2m Euro for 80% of the shares. They will pay 1m Euro up front and they will also pay 650,000 Euro by the 9th April to stop Girona from going bust.

All parties including insolvency court have agreed to the change of ownership and the deal is done basically.

St Mirren got mentioned in a few reports too. They said that the consortium had been in open discussions with the Saints board since last year, but that deal will NOT be going ahead now.

Edited by Tony Fitzy

You are bang on with that mate. THE DEAL FOR ST MIRREN IS OFF.

I spoke to my mate tonight who lives in the Costa del sewage (Malaga). He says that it is in the Spanish media today that Pini arrived in Girona today and the deal will be announced by tomorrow afternoon.

Apparently, Pini and his brother Sebastien along with a USA based Argie and a Swiss investment company will be shelling out 2m Euro for 80% of the shares. They will pay 1m Euro up front and they will also pay 650,000 Euro by the 9th April to stop Girona from going bust.

All parties including insolvency court have agreed to the change of ownership and the deal is done basically.

St Mirren got mentioned in a few reports too. They said that the consortium had been in open discussions with the Saints board since last year, but that deal will NOT be going ahead now.

Good.

Boy i bet the 'Can't Give It Away' consortium are pissed they chased the jam tomorrow more lucrative bid by the Argies, electing to diss the other bid at the eleventh hour citing the spurious reason of one of the bidding group having had previous as a means to ditch them and chase the extra money they THOUGHT the Argies would pay them.

Ye couldnae make it up, the only person winning is GT with a managers credit on his CV!

Greed is a terrible thing.

Boy i bet the 'Can't Give It Away' consortium are pissed they chased the jam tomorrow more lucrative bid by the Argies, electing to diss the other bid at the eleventh hour citing the spurious reason of one of the bidding group having had previous as a means to ditch them and chase the extra money they THOUGHT the Argies would pay them.

Ye couldnae make it up, the only person winning is GT with a managers credit on his CV!

Greed is a terrible thing.

Karma, when you consider they showed the Argies round when the English consortium were thinking it was as good as done. You'd think Souness, the Rangers mess and Tommy Craig would have shown them it's not always about how they think things will work out.

Karma, when you consider they showed the Argies round when the English consortium were thinking it was as good as done. You'd think Souness, the Rangers mess and Tommy Craig would have shown them it's not always about how they think things will work out.

Breaking News...... Breaking News..... Breaking News.....

Message of condolence just received at SMP from the non-preferred english consortium on hearing the Argies are opting to buy Girona instead of St Mirren...

LOOK WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WON.... Take it away boys they've shit out!

bullseyes-jim-bowen-on-staging-a-comebac

Edited by Lord Pityme

Breaking News...... Breaking News..... Breaking News.....

Message of condolence just received at SMP from the non-preferred english consortium on hearing the Argies are opting to buy Girona instead of St Mirren...

bullseyes-jim-bowen-on-staging-a-comebac

Yoiu can't beat a beat a bit of bull.....sh,....

Are we sold yet?

I doubt it, considering he's selling his shares as part of the 75%.

He has agreed to sell with the consortium if the deal is right, but he could change his mind on that. I personally would still like to see a deal made with SMISA and the board in respect of buying the 52% from the consortium and then working with Gordon Scott and any other major shareholders in running the club. It could be worthwhile joining SMISA and therefore become a shareholder with a voice in the running of the club, £2 a month (minimum) to join SMISA is a good thing to do for our club. Pop along to the AGM a week on Saturday (4th April 11:00am) and find out/ask questions on what they do and how you could be involved, also put forward ideas of things you'd like to see them do, you don't have to be a member to attend the AGM, it will be held in the function suite at Saint Mirren park. Season tickets are valid as there is no charge for entry thumbup2.gif

He has agreed to sell with the consortium if the deal is right, but he could change his mind on that. I personally would still like to see a deal made with SMISA and the board in respect of buying the 52% from the consortium and then working with Gordon Scott and any other major shareholders in running the club. It could be worthwhile joining SMISA and therefore become a shareholder with a voice in the running of the club, £2 a month (minimum) to join SMISA is a good thing to do for our club. Pop along to the AGM a week on Saturday (4th April 11:00am) and find out/ask questions on what they do and how you could be involved, also put forward ideas of things you'd like to see them do, you don't have to be a member to attend the AGM, it will be held in the function suite at Saint Mirren park. Season tickets are valid as there is no charge for entry thumbup2.gif

Can you please explain to me how you run a club with every member of SMISA having a voice in the running of the club. If I pay my £10 a month do I get a say in every signing proposed, in appointing Manager and staff, in deciding what sponsors are involved, in deciding on the strip for the new season, ................. ?

And if not, what happens if I don't like the way the club is being run and stop paying the £10 per month - and a couple of hundred feel the same as me and they stop payng the £10 as well? How do you guarantee that the selling consortium get their money?

The club is a business, not a co-operative. If you run it as a co-op we will be in the Lowland League and playing at the race course before we know it.

I joined just after the Argie deal was "agreed". I was looking to get to the AGM, but I'm now moving flat around that weekend.

Can you please explain to me how you run a club with every member of SMISA having a voice in the running of the club. If I pay my £10 a month do I get a say in every signing proposed, in appointing Manager and staff, in deciding what sponsors are involved, in deciding on the strip for the new season, ................. ?

And if not, what happens if I don't like the way the club is being run and stop paying the £10 per month - and a couple of hundred feel the same as me and they stop payng the £10 as well? How do you guarantee that the selling consortium get their money?

The club is a business, not a co-operative. If you run it as a co-op we will be in the Lowland League and playing at the race course before we know it.

Having been involved in the running of a club, under the model you highlight above, I'd simplify it as follows. The wider membership vote in a board, the board then handles the operation of the club with input from the wider membership. Sponsors, strip and staff structure are feasible for full votes. Things like signings and actual staff appointments are a minefield so perhaps best left to the elected board. Once the fans had control it wouldn't be too difficult to highlight how important your £10 is or certain brackets of £10 by value/effect. Just a matter of understanding the budget and showing where cuts would occur. Same for the high level budgets ifs, not necessarily targets or even goals...just put out to highlight what could occur. It needn't be a call for cash, unless the membership vote for something that needs investment. Though, members could pledge extra funds to be called upon (secretly or in public) if needbe and also donate to ring fenced areas of funding.

The guarantee part isn't simple, but then again if you're unhappy and want fan ownership then you should investigate properly and gauge how much you want to pay before you dive in. That or it gets a bit cumbersome with contracts or even up front payments.

Err.... The Co-Operative Group has over 8.2 million members and over 3750 branches in The UK and it is run by its members who are shareholders. And they seem to manage things.

Anyone that thinks they are going to pick the individual team, manager, signings, and staff etc for a £10 a month membership of Smisa if they became custodians of the club should probably keep that tenner to fund therapy sessions. What you would get as a member is a voice to shape the values, ethos and direction you would like to see the club go in.

I.e should the club employ a Jimmy Calderwood eyeballs on stalks type coach who will bring in pros he can manage, or an Ian Cathro type coach that will build a pyramid structure from under sevens up to develop the best talent in the region?

Incidentally as regards sponsors you probably would get a major say in who the club wished to be associated with ( do we really want pawn shops, loan sharks or gambling sites on our strips)' and i can almost guarantee there would be a vote on strip designs, HoF boards and a committee set up ,to look into possible solutions should a letter fall off the front of the stadium again (little clue one of those last three items is a joke).