Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Boy i bet the 'Can't Give It Away' consortium are pissed they chased the jam tomorrow more lucrative bid by the Argies, electing to diss the other bid at the eleventh hour citing the spurious reason of one of the bidding group having had previous as a means to ditch them and chase the extra money they THOUGHT the Argies would pay them.

Ye couldnae make it up, the only person winning is GT with a managers credit on his CV!

Greed is a terrible thing.

We all do now and again , sorry mate you write some of the most utter tripe on this subject. Not because I don't agree because it is a fact. You remind me of the bull that got into a china shop

It will be interesting to watch from the outside and see what happens with Girona.

If in a few years Girona are out of business and the Argies walk away with a sack full of cash, then we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief.

On the other hand, if they are an established La liga side who are doing reasonably well for a club of their size, then I for one will be a little bit gutted.

Can you please explain to me how you run a club with every member of SMISA having a voice in the running of the club. If I pay my £10 a month do I get a say in every signing proposed, in appointing Manager and staff, in deciding what sponsors are involved, in deciding on the strip for the new season, ................. ?

And if not, what happens if I don't like the way the club is being run and stop paying the £10 per month - and a couple of hundred feel the same as me and they stop payng the £10 as well? How do you guarantee that the selling consortium get their money?

The club is a business, not a co-operative. If you run it as a co-op we will be in the Lowland League and playing at the race course before we know it.

First of all I would suggest you attend the SMISA AGM, there will be no proposal to buy the consortiums 52% share, but you can listen to what has been done by SMISA and you can suggest things you would like to see them doing, you can see who is on the committee and if you know and trust any of them then you can (if you sign up as a member) re-elect them or if you prefer you can join the committee yourself or propose someone else, or you could just observe what is going on.

I have stated there is no proposal to buy a controlling share of the club, I stated my preference for SMISA to be the future controlling interest in the club, and I would be asking the same questions as you have regarding the stability of any purchase when and if such a situation arose. That is why I have joined SMISA, I like what I've heard at committee meetings, there has been talk of share purchase and 5082 shares are currently owned by the trust with other purchases ongoing. As it stands we would need a backer or backers to put up the cash to buy the consortiums shares or have a deal agreed on drip payments, the former would be my preference, then all the questions would need to be asked and a firm plan put in place on either option.

Edited by buddiecat

You are bang on with that mate. THE DEAL FOR ST MIRREN IS OFF.

I spoke to my mate tonight who lives in the Costa del sewage (Malaga). He says that it is in the Spanish media today that Pini arrived in Girona today and the deal will be announced by tomorrow afternoon.

Apparently, Pini and his brother Sebastien along with a USA based Argie and a Swiss investment company will be shelling out 2m Euro for 80% of the shares. They will pay 1m Euro up front and they will also pay 650,000 Euro by the 9th April to stop Girona from going bust.

All parties including insolvency court have agreed to the change of ownership and the deal is done basically.

St Mirren got mentioned in a few reports too. They said that the consortium had been in open discussions with the Saints board since last year, but that deal will NOT be going ahead now.

2 million euros!...............................................................................................................................................That's about 12 pence.

First of all I would suggest you attend the SMISA AGM, there will be no proposal to buy the consortiums 52% share, but you can listen to what has been done by SMISA and you can suggest things you would like to see them doing, you can see who is on the committee and if you know and trust any of them then you can (if you sign up as a member) re-elect them or if you prefer you can join the committee yourself or propose someone else, or you could just observe what is going on.

I have stated there is no proposal to buy a controlling share of the club, I stated my preference for SMISA to be the future controlling interest in the club, and I would be asking the same questions as you have regarding the stability of any purchase when and if such a situation arose. That is why I have joined SMISA, I like what I've heard at committee meetings, there has been talk of share purchase and 5082 shares are currently owned by the trust with other purchases ongoing. As it stands we would need a backer or backers to put up the cash to buy the consortiums shares or have a deal agreed on drip payments, the former would be my preference, then all the questions would need to be asked and a firm plan put in place on either option.

For more than 5 years now the consortium has put the club in a state of threat, offering to sell a majority shareholding to a single party. For a club of it's size St Mirren maintains a fairly large and vocal online presence. Yet for all that the fans group supposedly representing the fans of the club, with all of it's experience and with all the backing of the Independent Supporters Association to call on, still can't organise itself to take on control of the club. What does that say about SMiSA?

Maybe it says that its aims do not include obtaining a controlling interest in the club.

In which case, what is the point of SMiSA? If it's not there to secure the clubs future what is it doing? Is it just a fund raising vehicle for Gilmour and Co or are they actually going to do something positive to secure ownership of the club?

In which case, what is the point of SMiSA? If it's not there to secure the clubs future what is it doing? Is it just a fund raising vehicle for Gilmour and Co or are they actually going to do something positive to secure ownership of the club?

I thought you were smarter than that.1eye.gif

What are you going to do with yourself (apart from the obvious) when and if Gilmour and Co. leave.

Have you not previously said that you were a member of SMiSA? I'm pretty sure you have. Should you not know then? Or are you in the habit of joining groups when you don't know what they stand for?

If you still don't know, why don't you ask SMiSA, instead of asking me?

In fairness, he is in the habit of posting on here despite claiming not to be a St Mirren fan.

Gilmour apparently said on Friday that the BOD are currently not in talks with any party regarding the sale of the club. Think we can put this thread safely to bed. Quite a strange affair all round really with the leak saying the club had been sold.

I guess either one of two things happened. Either an agreement was made to sell the club and then the Argies disappeared, or no such agreement was ever made. I'd be more inclined to believe the latter, but it doesn't really matter.

The point is that the club is no closer to being sold now than it was when we first went on the market over 5 years ago. If anything we're further away from a sale than ever due to us losing our top flight status.

Theres no white knight for us. Theres no Ann Budge waiting in the wings to lead us out the wilderness. The only way I can see of us getting our club back is a SMISA led fan buy out. Do they have the manpower, know how and/or inclination to get this moving? I hope so.

Gilmour apparently said on Friday that the BOD are currently not in talks with any party regarding the sale of the club. Think we can put this thread safely to bed. Quite a strange affair all round really with the leak saying the club had been sold.

I guess either one of two things happened. Either an agreement was made to sell the club and then the Argies disappeared, or no such agreement was ever made. I'd be more inclined to believe the latter, but it doesn't really matter.

The point is that the club is no closer to being sold now than it was when we first went on the market over 5 years ago. If anything we're further away from a sale than ever due to us losing our top flight status.

Theres no white knight for us. Theres no Ann Budge waiting in the wings to lead us out the wilderness. The only way I can see of us getting our club back is a SMISA led fan buy out. Do they have the manpower, know how and/or inclination to get this moving? I hope so.

To close off my views on this thread. It appeared, going by information I'd seen, that an offer was made and about to go through. The problem we currently have though is that we don't even know if the consortium are acting as a unit anymore, so who knows if the person being informed about the sale and then alerting Div was even informed by the consortium as a unit or by just one member.

One thing less to worry about now , we don,t have any worries about Sevco buying us to get SPL status

It would be a cheap way for a fan-led consortium of real Ranjurs men to get a good stadium and training facilities unencumbered by onerous contracts, and not too far from their Holy Ground...

For them to buy out the onerous contracts for a dilapidated and (it is reported )increasingly decaying Ibrox would be more than the cost of St Mirren.

I'm just sayin...

It would be a cheap way for a fan-led consortium of real Ranjurs men to get a good stadium and training facilities unencumbered by onerous contracts, and not too far from their Holy Ground...

For them to buy out the onerous contracts for a dilapidated and (it is reported )increasingly decaying Ibrox would be more than the cost of St Mirren.

I'm just sayin...

You have a point.

Don,t know what to believe regarding interested parties , but there was a guy who was awful disappointed his bid wasn,t accepted roundabout Christmas , I wonder if he will be back ,