Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

F*cking disaster.

The Party's Over !

It was the current/outgoing BoD that you hold in such high regard who have sold their shareholding to this group. Does this alter your opinion of Messrs Gilmour et al?

From a personal (and wholly uninformed) perspective, I think this will end in tears.

No sense of excitement here, only creeping dread.

It was the current/outgoing BoD that you hold in such high regard who have sold their shareholding to this group. Does this alter your opinion of Messrs Gilmour et al?

From a personal (and wholly uninformed) perspective, I think this will end in tears.

What's the worst case scenario Drew , 3rd Division football and skint? TBH I think we were heading down anyway !

Can't believe folk are worrying about a few new signings coming in or staying up this season! There is a slightly bigger picture to look at here.

Club will still be here in some shape or form when we're all dead. I for one am looking forward to the unknown ahead !

A big welcome to our new Argie friends at this exciting time.Sure there's a bit of a risk but come on,it's got to be better than the last few seasons we've endured.Stumbling along with no money being invested by a BOD who wanted out,a BOD who had lost interest in my Club.To be honest I was losing interest as well,so much so I was hoping yesterdays game was going to be off.

Nobuddie knows what's in front of us so let's give the guys a chance,let's see their plans for the future of the Club.I hope they become very rich men thru their association with us.

:)

FFS AYE DREW !!!

THE STEWART GILMOUR MAIN STAND

& CO thumbdown.gif

What's the worst case scenario Drew , 3rd Division football and skint? TBH I think we were heading down anyway !

Maybe so, Billy, but I can't shake off a bad feeling about this so can't be excited about the future.

Don't get me wrong, the outgoing BoD are well past their use by date, and I have been saying as much for years so won't be a hypocrite about this, but I am very concerned about the motivation of a South American consortium with dubious form taking control of the club. Not least when we were a fall back option after Well knocked them back.

Need to.

Downhill all the way now before the mighty crash.

Unfortunately we have been going downhill for the past few years, both on and off the park.

Whether this speeds up the process or produces an upturn in fortune is anyone's guess.

As much as I have reservations about this deal, I'm going to adopt a positive attitude and cross my fingers that the state torpor that the club currently finds itself in, shows signs of improvement.

I'd like to thank the outgoing board for their efforts, even though they had their faults.

Edited by FTOF

We're never happy, didn't want the fans buy out or any other buy out. Well surprise surprise the club has eventually been sold. We had or chance.

We didn't have the dough .

The Board should've resigned and sold their shares off individually.

We're never happy, didn't want the fans buy out or any other buy out. Well surprise surprise the club has eventually been sold. We had or chance.

Why do you feel the need to rewrite history?

At what point did St Mirren fans say they had no interest in a buy out? I recall their being a good attempt at it made and lot of people putting their hands in their pocket. The board wanted 2 million quid remember!

Normally you would be excited about developments like this but given the absolute car crashes that were Livingston and Hearts under foreign owners then I can't shake off a feeling of dread when I think of this.

I can only hope Gilmour and Co have stuck to their word and done their due diligence on this consortium and are selling out to people who have the clubs interests at heart. Like most people, will be very interested to hear how they will move the club forward on and off the field.

One thing that has struck me in all of this - if you remember back to when Brealey attempted to buy the club, wasn't there an EGM called? Why hasn't an EGM been called to ratify this deal? Don't the non-BOD shareholders deserve to have their say? Just a thought.

Interesting, terrifying times! :(

I was more sanguine about the Engerlish consortium than this one.

Change is/was inevitable. I just hope it has not been simply a delay in what Reg Brealey would have visited upon the club.

As usual, I can only passively spectate as it unfolds...

Anything can happen....

Edited by bluto

One thing that has struck me in all of this - if you remember back to when Brealey attempted to buy the club, wasn't there an EGM called? Why hasn't an EGM been called to ratify this deal? Don't the non-BOD shareholders deserve to have their say? Just a thought.

Maybe the fact that the outgoing BoD have a 75% share holding removes the need for an EGM.

Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could enlighten us.

Maybe the fact that the outgoing BoD have a 75% share holding removes the need for an EGM.

Maybe someone with more knowledge in this area could enlighten us.

I must have missed something along the line somewhere, but when did the current board increase their shareholding to 75%? Thought they only had 52%

Why do you feel the need to rewrite history?

At what point did St Mirren fans say they had no interest in a buy out? I recall their being a good attempt at it made and lot of people putting their hands in their pocket. The board wanted 2 million quid remember!

There was nearly civil war with many fans shouting the buy out down.

Good news, new owners, new energy.

Trust the outgoing guardians have done their due dillegence on the incoming guys.

Await the details this week.

I'll continue to support my local club.

It's not our local club anymore.