Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

75% now , I can assure you !

Don't know by company law you would have to call an EGM but this would now be academic it would seem.

Worrying that if the shit hits the fan then it will be extremely difficult to buy them out as they will have complete control a la Hearts/Romanov.

Hope the Argies buck the trend though.

The season is going from bad to worse.

Guillermo Almada what's his record but worryingly he does not know the Scottish game. That might not be such a worry if we were further up the league ,we are not we are heading to the trap door at supersonic speed.

Tommy Craig knew the Scottish game inside out and look what he achieved. He left us with a train wreck of a squad and was an unmitigated disaster as a manager. I. Share your trepidation Ian and I have mixed feelings about these foreign investors, but all we can do is see what they bring to the club before shooting them down.

It's not like St.Mirren fans to be highly pessimistic or to think that the only road we are on is that to hell in a hand cart. That was last week. If this is all true there's not a damned thing can be done but without knowing even one tiny detail let alone the full picture there's no point getting our knickers in a twist. It might turn out to be the best thing that's happened to us for years. At least let's hear what the new owners have to say. Building a hotel and a car park on the site which was suggested last weekend the English bidders proposed worried me. As far as asset stripping is concerned, we keep hearing there are no assets to be stripped. Clearly that's not strictly true unless the club has been sold at a bargain basement price. But we don't know that. The notion that we could become a conduit for young South American or Spanish players to play in Europe could be exciting and promising.

I think I was once told Stewart Gilmour wasn't actually a St.Mirren fan when he got involved with the club. Is that true? I wonder what Stewart's thought process has been over the last few months? Judging by the amount of vitriol thrown at him and the board, who would blame him if he just thought 'Up 'em!' and sold out at the first reasonable offer.

They will only have bought Douglas Street Ltd ,who own 52 per cent of shares of the club, need an EGM to become directors, and pass SFA rules for owners, still a bit to go.

Quite well known that the Consortium have bought up shares so that they could sell a 75% controlling share, whether through douglas street or in their own name. Nobody wanted a 52% share, so they bought shares and will most likely have used the extra shares to close the deal.

A lot people contradicting themselves here, all had faith in BOD selling to right people, now they have sold to who they think is right everyone up in arms. We're as bad as I've ever seen, prob going down or play off's stats don't lie. Me? Will wait and then form opinion but hey lets look forward to a new era.

Edited by ged62

The EGM was had regarding the proposed Brealey take over , to increase the amount of shares available from 40,000 to 160,000 , and then agree to sell the to Reg Brealey for £1 each The proposal for the share issue to increase was voted through , but the proposal to allow Brealey to buy them was rejected.

Here's a very cynical view on a few things.

The board have said all along that they would only sell to the right people. Various bids are rejected and people told to do one. It emerges last week an English consortium are close to doing a deal, only for it to emerge that someone involved is a convicted fraudster. They're been told to do one and we breath a sigh of relief.

This paves the way for an Argentinian consortium to takeover the club. There is, unsurprisingly, a lot of concerns over foreign owners of clubs in Scotland given events of the last decade or so. A quick look at this forum over the last few weeks confirms that. By making it known a bid has been rejected due to the involvement of undesirables, perhaps the board hoped who bought the club would be treated with less suspicion because otherwise they'd have been told to sod off. By telling a dodgy lot to piss off, the assumption could have been the new owners were fine. If that was their hope it hasn't worked judging by the posts on here this morning.

Also, the events of the last 12 months or so (the constant speculation over Lennon, the appointment of Craig, his sacking then no sign of a new manager, reduction in budget, lack of investment etc) has led us into a situation where an increasing number of fans have been calling for change in the boardroom. Again, you only need to look at the posts on here to see that. Having got into a situation like that, deliberately manufactured or otherwise, the board can almost legitimately say "Well, the fans wanted us out" if things go wrong in the future.

Very mixed feelings on the whole thing. It could work out for us, it could not. The only way I can see it being win/win is they bring young players over, sell them on and pocket the cash. That's how they fund the takeover, we have no debt and we benefit from having talented players (no different to getting guys on loan really). Have my doubts it'll work like that though!

Anyway, a slightly more lighthearted way on which to sign off.

B7EL-ybIUAAWChu.jpg

Feeling positive about the Argentinians , theres lots of other places where they could have invested , and I can understand why they chose to look at Motherwell before us ( bigger crowds / higher league finishes / regularly in Europe ) .

The new owners will hopefully come in with enthusiasm , and a gameplan.

And realistically its not as if the land the ground is built on is worth a fortune.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces and seeing Saints put a coupkle of wins together

This was inevitable, we were lurching along and there was no hope in sight, this deal gives us a chance for change, hopefully it's change for the better and the club gets cleared of the apathy that has dragged us to bottom place.

I wish to welcome the new owners and hope they clear out the incestuous regime that has given us rotten pies, ineligble scoreboard and crap defenders.

Normally you would be excited about developments like this but given the absolute car crashes that were Livingston and Hearts under foreign owners then I can't shake off a feeling of dread when I think of this.

I can only hope Gilmour and Co have stuck to their word and done their due diligence on this consortium and are selling out to people who have the clubs interests at heart. Like most people, will be very interested to hear how they will move the club forward on and off the field.

One thing that has struck me in all of this - if you remember back to when Brealey attempted to buy the club, wasn't there an EGM called? Why hasn't an EGM been called to ratify this deal? Don't the non-BOD shareholders deserve to have their say? Just a thought.

I also seem to remember that Brearley claimed his business plan was to bring young English players who had been recently released to Scotland to develop their careers before being sold for big money. A business plan that sounds far more feasible than the one being attributed to these Argentinians.

I'd much rather see a business plan that involved hiring a scout or two and finding the best of what is available locally.

Good news, new owners, new energy.

Trust the outgoing guardians have done their due dillegence on the incoming guys.

Await the details this week.

I'll continue to support my local club.

... and if this had happened, let's say at the time of 10000hours, then I would be inclined to agree - new energy etc, and the selling consortium being happy these guys were completely sound as a pound.

However, this is not happening just after they announced the club was up for sale. It is happenening after five years of being unable to sell, with a stupor surrounding the whole club, and absolute shite hitting the fan with our league position and results. In many posts I expressed my opinion that having been here for the long run, the selling consortium have earned the right to be trusted that they would never knowingly sell to anyone but 'the right people to take St Mirren forward'. I think that was their words.

If this news is true, then do I feel excited about fresh new owners? New signings? A bit of investment? Exciting plans for commercial expansion? Developing the ground? Engaging with the support and community?....

Sorry, no, I don't. I fear that the selling consortium's steely resolve has been eroded over the failure of 10000hours, and subsequent failure to sell at all. This whole thing troubles me. Anything that kicks off with a consortium automatically installing a manager of a certain nationality troubles me. Didn't we just have fifty applications for the manager's position? What about appointing the person deemed the best applicant, no matter if they are Scottish, English, Spanish or Albanian.

The whole thing about a new owner shoving in what appears to be a puppet of their choosing is only headed for tears IMHO. That's before we even get to know how they are funding the buy-out, who they are, and a hundred other questions. Will they be absent landlords? Are they going to work within existing budgets? Have they heard of Vladimir Romanov?....

Are we looking at a St Mirren team of Ridgers, Vasquez, Gomez, Goodwin, McLean, Lopez....

That isn't St Mirren. That's someone's plaything. I'm currently not thinking Man City and Sheik Mansoor, I'm thinking the Venkys and Blackburn.

It's a gamble but hey life's a bitch and all that ..... lets go with it and seen where it takes us. Seems to me the BOD have reached the stage that they have had enough and decided to go with basically the only offer that matched their get out plan.

Strap yourselves in Buds !

I really hope their opening statement is realistic regarding the future for St Mirren. I would be very suspicious if they made claims such as being league champions or playing in Europe every season etc. We all want to succeed but prudence has kept us alive and there is no evidence yet to prove otherwise. For this season at least if they just try and keep us up that would be good for starters.

This was inevitable, we were lurching along and there was no hope in sight, this deal gives us a chance for change, hopefully it's change for the better and the club gets cleared of the apathy that has dragged us to bottom place.

I wish to welcome the new owners and hope they clear out the incestuous regime that has given us rotten pies, ineligble scoreboard and crap defenders.

Not to mention dirty seats, shitey streets, and snotter greets shuriken.gif