Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I have supported Saints 38 years , that works out at 332000 hours. The asking price is £1500000 , which equates to £4.51 an hour which is massively below min wage.

I feel as if I personally let BOD down as I could have afforded this,

If the BOD are prepared to wait to 2053 I promise I will start saving now

thumbup2.gif

#Je Suis That Buddy!

compared to st mirren, hearts have a huge number of fans signed up and paying, have had a lot of debt wiped and they take in far more in every income stream than st mirren ever will the issue was always too few people paying too much and the dependence we would have had on the community payback of soft loans

No way. Three times as many fans signed up to pay £10 per month as 10000hours were looking for initially. So how is that too few or the cost too much? Ultimately the loans could have been forgone assuming 10000hours met the funders community engagement targets, so we might never have had to repay the full sums.

If anything the deal on the table was better than Hearts and that is pretty good.

In any case it was miles ahead of where we are now in my opinion. Not one of us knows what is going on, if or when something will happen and we certainly won't be asked to be full or part owners. Now we can just wait and hope for the best on and off the park.

I think folk are reading too much into this and making me out to be something I'm not.

I hear bits of information from various sources. Some I trust, some I don't. Some I publish, some I don't.

This information came from a good source, and I felt it was definitely in the best interests of the fans to know about it.

It was initially rubbished on Sunday, then as the week has progressed it has been validated by the mainstream media.

Even in the last hour there were tweets and stories suggesting the Argies had buggered off to Spain to buy Girona, only for Scott Burns to then rubbish that by saying they are 100% focussed on buying St.Mirren !

The deal was agreed in principle late last week, and was expected to complete this week (ie; Money changes hands, shares change hands).

When it actually completes I don't know. I guess there is still a chance it might yet crash and burn but it's so far advanced I'd think that is unlikely.

I don't get the impression anyone is questioning you, more that they are questioning your source perhaps playing a game and feeding something which he knew would lead to this.

No way. Three times as many fans signed up to pay £10 per month as 10000hours were looking for initially. So how is that too few or the cost too much? Ultimately the loans could have been forgone assuming 10000hours met the funders community engagement targets, so we might never have had to repay the full sums.

If anything the deal on the table was better than Hearts and that is pretty good.

In any case it was miles ahead of where we are now in my opinion. Not one of us knows what is going on, if or when something will happen and we certainly won't be asked to be full or part owners. Now we can just wait and hope for the best on and off the park.

The point I made was the massive difference in numbers and paying customers between ourselves and hearts

The most disappointing part of this is, for me anyway, the quality of professional journalism. Plenty of updates from concerned fans, but not one journalist has actually managed a story with Pini.

I wonder how much would have been written about Pini had he and some pals been interested in the Sevco Works XI... sorry, Sports Direct Works XI.

You know Sevco actually make us look bloody marvelous, I mean we may be having a poor season, poor signings and a club for sale, but our BOD are flipping saviours compared to that laughable carry on. Can u imagine, St Mirren Park and Training ground be used as collateral for a loan that's about 15% of its net worth. This is after SG saying that will never happen. I think of that, them and then us and despite everything I have a small burst out of laughing and wonder if one way or another we will play the newbees next season

Edited by DougJamie

You never know, someone who was actually getting paid to do it may have researched it properly.

No wonder I don't usually read newspapers.

Aye, like the way the press researched, and clearly identified Craig Whyte as a shyster who was already banned from becoming a company director? Nah, he was simply the Lanarkshire boy made good, with off-the-radar wealth!

I wouldn't trust the press to find out their own middle names.

Edited by pozbaird

Having read some of the articles regarding Pini & Girona, they sound quite plausible to me. (Despite Scott Burns opinion and them being dismissed on here.)

Girona who have look to have a realistic chance of promotion to La Liga this season, would be a much better bet if you're looking to make money I'd imagine.

Apparently they looked at Girona a while ago but were put by the fact they couldn't get complete control, but now have an agreement in place to get 51% of the shares.

(There was some suggestion of them buying both Girona and Saints though)

I just don't see how the SFA, SPFL would allow the club to shift players in short spaces of time without investigating us. Can you even confirm a signing without registration, work permits or international clearance? Chilean football appears to be somewhere that makes that mode of operation a lot easier. Maybe they will showcase players here, perhaps they are aware of what they can or can't do. Heck, we owed Barr money and "by coincidence" Jim Dick moved to Ayr Utd. HMRC are also a lot tighter on football now, they'd notice non-payment.

Do we actually know Rangers moved players for tax avoidance whilst Universidad didn't? The interview I found asked Pini about a couple of players, not 10 or 20.

Oh and if my head was in the sand, would I be doing so much research or asking so many questions.

I agree that we would be likely to face investigation - particularly in light of the shambles down the road. However, I don't know if work permits would be an issue. I'd imagine we could sign a player subject to a work permit, and sell him on again before he sets foot in the country or attends his work permit hearing...

Not to be too pedantic but there is a world of difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. Strictly speaking only tax evasion is illegal whereas tax avoidance is generally taking advantage of "loopholes" to pay less tax. With reference to Greyskull in regards to EBT's, at the moment it is only being seen as avoidance and not evasion, no matter how unpallatable, thus why they won their case, that could change at appeal right enough. Not paying the PAYE/NIC due to lack of funds is what took Rangers out.

I am not suggesting, at any point, that avoidance is OK and a route we should pursue!!

If the HMRC starts investigating tax avoidance, I think St Mirren would find it very difficult to find the means to contest it all the way, as OldCo is still doing. I expect the club would also find it impossible to pay up. So if we get presented with a tax bill because HMRC decides that Pini's plan might not be legal, it's lights out. You are right that loopholes exist and are exploited - but governments and organisations like UEFA try to close loopholes all the time too. Even if Pini's plan is legal for now, that doesn't mean that it will always be legal. And as I've explained above, it may not matter if it's legal or not if HMRC decides to challenge it.

I agree that we would be likely to face investigation - particularly in light of the shambles down the road. However, I don't know if work permits would be an issue. I'd imagine we could sign a player subject to a work permit, and sell him on again before he sets foot in the country or attends his work permit hearing...

If the HMRC starts investigating tax avoidance, I think St Mirren would find it very difficult to find the means to contest it all the way, as OldCo is still doing. I expect the club would also find it impossible to pay up. So if we get presented with a tax bill because HMRC decides that Pini's plan might not be legal, it's lights out. You are right that loopholes exist and are exploited - but governments and organisations like UEFA try to close loopholes all the time too. Even if Pini's plan is legal for now, that doesn't mean that it will always be legal. And as I've explained above, it may not matter if it's legal or not if HMRC decides to challenge it.

New conspiracy theory, just because I'm bored.

Div made up the stories about the Argies, and the English consortium's to increase the traffic on his site thus making it more attractive to sponsors so he can buy the club.

Also Brian McAusland is Div's mole, as he wants to jeopardise all deals, other than the Div one, to keep his place on the board meaning he can keep his son in the first team.

He causes a massive distraction where all the fans want to lynch everybody and, get this, this is where he gave himself away, sneaks in the big front door....

Its been staring me in the face all along, can't believe it took me so long.

The leak is NOT McAusland is it Div !!!! Edited by glenburn ed

This is all just total speculation that everyone and news papers are writing ! no one apart from new buyers know what they are planning to do , I think if the current board who have been extremely cautious up till now will surely have done tge appropriate checks and asked the appropriate questions , after all they are all life long StMirren supporters

The frenzy of speculation, claim, counter claim and basically just get the club in the media. Take fans minds of the fact we are currently pish and need signings. Again it's pure speculation, but maybe it was just to get things shifted up a gear if it seemed to be stalling.

I don't think this being in the media is helping either the sellers or the buyers get this over the line to be honest with you.

Having read some of the articles regarding Pini & Girona, they sound quite plausible to me. (Despite Scott Burns opinion and them being dismissed on here.)

Girona who have look to have a realistic chance of promotion to La Liga this season, would be a much better bet if you're looking to make money I'd imagine.

Apparently they looked at Girona a while ago but were put by the fact they couldn't get complete control, but now have an agreement in place to get 51% of the shares.

(There was some suggestion of them buying both Girona and Saints though)

St.Girona whistling.gif

The point I made was the massive difference in numbers and paying customers between ourselves and hearts

The point I answered was the plan only required 1/3rd of those who eventually signed up for Direct Debits. If what you are saying is only big clubs can do this, then what about Motherwell?

It surely depends on how much you owe, the terms of the deal and the amount the fans or others pay in. The numbers of members is only one part of that equation. My recollection is that there was enough support to offer £1.5million. A genuine offer which met their amended price but they turned it down. Makes no sense at all, and as it is now developing, wholly counter productive.