Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

It's OK, it's his investment company that owns City. On the other hand, he is the majority shareholder (in association with 2 brothers, Hal and Hank Steinbrenner) in NYCFC, so maybe it wouldn't work after all.

(Disclaimer: All information shamelessly stolen from his Wikipedia page so it might be a lot of shit - don't blame me if it is - unless you want to - I don't give a f**k either way)

We're into The Rangers territory here..... The club, the company, the holding company, the ethereal entity with the titles and five wee tarnished stars... that can never die, not even with a stake through the heart wielded by Christopher Lee reeking of garlic and wearing a Sellik' tap'.

Who owns what, who knows.... or cares. phone.gif

Firstly, I don't believe there is any way St Mirren could get into Europe on £500k. We could spend that now and still not stay up this season. £500k would give us the wages to bring in 5 players for one year who ought to be better than what we have (not hard at the moment). That's assuming you could get them all on frees with no signing on fees, and assuming that they all settle in and don't get injured. That might be enough to get us in the top 6, but quite possibly not given that we have never managed it even with significantly better squads than this one. To get into Europe would need that sort of investment again, unless we got lucky and won the cup.

Secondly, getting into Europe will undoubtedly result in the club making a loss. Where is the benefit to the owners in St Mirren playing a couple of qualifying rounds, beating some amateurs from Andorra and then losing to Albanians or Moldovans? It would be a good laugh for the fans but ultimately the club would lose money, and there would be no showcase for foreign stars.

Right and we're never going to win the league so just what exactly are we doing even being involved in the league in the first place? f**k sake, now we don't want taken over because success would potentially mean losing money.

St Mirren could win the league with a 500k investment, Inverness are having a bash at it with less we have now.

Being St Mirren though we would spend the whole lot on a German primadona winger & a tired ex Scotland striker and get relegated.

(Also love faraway saints indignation at there being 55 pages of actual discussion about the club without him managing to ruin it).

St Mirren could win the league with a 500k investment, Inverness are having a bash at it with less we have now.

Being St Mirren though we would spend the whole lot on a German primadona winger & a tired ex Scotland striker and get relegated.

(Also love faraway saints indignation at there being 55 pages of actual discussion about the club without him managing to ruin it).

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, we're just waiting for HM Government to hand over the title deeds for the Falklands, as they are an integral part of the deal

according to my source in Port Stanley! It's we're getting messi now.

Is this us back on the biscuit puns again what with all those Penguins in the falklands.

The sale of the club will take care of itself if it's a done deal. However we need to sort out the managers position and snap up a couple of players before the deadline passes. The way our board work they will sell McLean on the last day of the window

Will they be able to if it was a done deal.

The sale of the club will take care of itself if it's a done deal. However we need to sort out the managers position and snap up a couple of players before the deadline passes. The way our board work they will sell McLean on the last day of the window and sign no one.

Amazing that you can post that, yet not work out the sale and managers post are linked. Almost tempted to not explain why, hmmm...

I think Teale has been told to work with what he has and has actually wheeled and dealed. Marwood & Caldwell probably weren't on much and we may not have contributed much to Plummer & Drury. He may only have one or two squad slots left.

...oh, almost forgot. If the new owners have their own man to bring in then there's no point appointing someone, interviewing or even shortlisting.

Right and we're never going to win the league so just what exactly are we doing even being involved in the league in the first place? f**k sake, now we don't want taken over because success would potentially mean losing money.

You have completely and utterly missed the point!! Of course we, the supporters, want the club to qualify for Europe. I dare say the current board of directors also want the club to qualify for Europe, even though they might have to dip into their own pockets.

However, a foreign consortium looking to make money out of St Mirren will not be thinking: invest 500k and the club could make Europe. Firstly because that won't happen, and secondly because they would lose money in doing so. If they are going to make money out of the club, it will have to be by some other means - or at least by investing sufficient sums that we actually qualified for the Europa League group stage which seems very, very far off current reality.

I don't know if Inverness' playing budget is bigger or smaller than St Mirren's. It ought to be smaller, you would have thought, but who knows. The point is that, from our current position, it would take more than 500k to make us a better team than Inverness. I doubt Inverness will qualify for Europe in the end anyway, so it may be a moot point.

I don't know if Inverness' playing budget is bigger or smaller than St Mirren's. It ought to be smaller, you would have thought, but who knows. The point is that, from our current position, it would take more than 500k to make us a better team than Inverness. I doubt Inverness will qualify for Europe in the end anyway, so it may be a moot point.

IF we stay up we could become a better team than Inverness without adding anything to the playing budget.

A few DVDs, possibly Tony Hancocks football bloomers or whatever it is called may do.

It is a shame we didn't manage to take advantage of the weakness of the league the past couple of years.

Big news on the club sale front!

Aye we know :P

Aye, we're just waiting for HM Government to hand over the title deeds for the Falklands, as they are an integral part of the deal

according to my source in Port Stanley! It's we're getting messi now.

Just received a PM from my man on the inside (Not MURRAY Street) who says......!

Its all bubbling away, sit tight!

The deal has been agreed for some time, held up as the sellers have agreed a price below what they wanted, they will make up the difference when Kenny is sold this window. Buyers insisted that Mallan be offered a deal he couldn't refuse to protect their investment.

The story it was held up because of 'legalities' is a smoke screen in that pen will only meet paper when the McLean transfer money is secured. As soon as Kenny goes we are selt!

quote name="Lord Pityme" post="1246234" timestamp="1422354920"]

The deal has been agreed for some time, held up as the sellers have agreed a price below what they wanted, they will make up the difference when Kenny is sold this window. Buyers insisted that Mallan be offered a deal he couldn't refuse to protect their investment.

The story it was held up because of 'legalities' is a smoke screen in that pen will only meet paper when the McLean transfer money is secured. As soon as Kenny goes we are selt!

So I'm going to buy your house.

Part of that deal is you sell all contents the belong to you. Then give me the money so I can put towards the purchase.

Do you sell sofas or work for Arnold Clark by any chance ?