Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I'm thoroughly fed up with the whole thing, I think it is disgraceful the way St Mirren Football Club (it's more than who owns it) and the fans are being treated, as if the season hasn't been bad enough.

To be honest, I can't wait for next week to come and then we'll know a little more, is Kenny still with us or not and has the club been sold or not. May be then one way or another whoever owns the club might care a little more about it, certainly more than what we have been witnessing recently.

This is just another keep us waiting story!

Why would Kenny McCleans transfer hold up the sale?

If the Argies want to buy the club they could sell Kenny McClean if they choose!

If the Board plan to take proceeds from Kenny and give it to the Argies that doesn't make sense!

Either way I smell shite!!!

Edited by leolovesstmfc

This is just another keep us waiting story!

Why would Kenny McCleans transfer hold up the sale?

If the Argies want to buy the club they could sell Kenny McClean if they choose!

If the Board plan to take proceeds from Kenny and give it to the Argies that doesn't make sense!

Either way I smell shite!!!

Kenny's sale gives the selling consortium the bit of extra wedge the english bid wasn't prepared to agree. As I said all agreed on the condition that Mallan was tied down to a decent length contract so the buyers can cash in when the opportunity arises.

Kenny's sale gives the selling consortium the bit of extra wedge the english bid wasn't prepared to agree. As I said all agreed on the condition that Mallan was tied down to a decent length contract so the buyers can cash in when the opportunity arises.

Has Craig Whyte joined the BOD? Directors trousering company cash is just a teeny bit illegal.

Why would Kenny McCleans transfer hold up the sale because if the Argies own the club and sell Kenny they get the wedge as you put it!

So what is the hold up?

And when the Argies made contact with the club Kenny McClean was not the subject of a mybee transfer bid!

I met Brian Caldwell last week asked if there was any intrest in player's he said none!

So last week it was not an issue yet this week it's part of the takeover bid really!!

There is no argument of buisness sense or any other to why it holds up the sale of the club!

And as for Steven Mallan getting a contract exstension were the current board going to let the player's contract run out? No...

If the new consortium want to do something and I was the Board my message is simple buy the f**king club and you can do what you want!!!

Edited by leolovesstmfc

FFS

As far as I know, our BOD are not able to take a cut of any transfer cash, it belongs to the club not the shareholders. The BOD could only get money from the club if they have loaned it to the club in the first place.I know there have been loans repaid in the past which have had very favourable interest rates, i am not aware of any current BOD loans, but then again it's not usually something which is common knowledge until it's paid back and shows in the annual accounts.

Edited by buddiecat

As far as I know, our BOD are not able to take a cut of any transfer cash, it belongs to the club not the shareholders. The BOD could only get money from the club if they have loaned it to the club in the first place.I know there have been loans repaid in the past which have had very favourable interest rates, i am not aware of any current BOD loans, but then again it's not usually something which is common knowledge until it's paid back and shows in the annual accounts.

Agreed, but the new owners could pay off any 'costs' associated with their purchase from funds received. Watch how quickly things move when Mclean is sold.

I hope the BoD aren't trying to take the Argies to the McCleaners with regards to Kenny's transfer!

At last, something to get our teeth into. Personally, it's driving me dental! Folk just bumping their gums and gargling away...

I've had enough of our brushes with relegation and maybe we'll get a breath of fresh air...

Not so sure about that, unless SMFC can be held responsible for costs incurred by Douglas Street Ltd,

Its costs incurred by the buyers and the bills they have to settle to their consultants. There Are at least three companies involved in this deal that we know of. smfc, douglas and buyers. I dare say the buyers side has more than one company involved.

Edit forgot to add two other major shareholders to that mix as well, its just pure business sense everyone wants something out of it and the assets are there to be cashed in, no permanent manager to muddy the waters, clubs bidding for players. We might not like to think of it, but given the time period this club has been up for sale does anyone really think two groups have suddenly turned up to pay £1.5 - £2m now????

There is some leverage there now, only thing i can see stopping it is if Kenny disnae fancy whoever's. offer is accepted.

Edited by Lord Pityme

quote name="Lord Pityme" post="1246354" timestamp="1422379222"]

Agreed, but the new owners could pay off any 'costs' associated with their purchase from funds received. Watch how quickly things move when Mclean is sold.

You do realize that Kenny has a say "If" a club was to make St Mirren an offer and it was accepted.

Kenny would then hold talks with the club wanting his signature with his agent who I believe is his father ( wise choice Kenny )

Kenny could turn the club down by refusing the deal.

Personally I think Kenny has bigger ambitions than the club " supposed " to be interested in him.

I also think you are writing a ton of "keech" on Kenny who will still be at St Mirren when the window closes. Please book mark that smile.png

quote name="Lord Pityme" post="1246354" timestamp="1422379222"]Agreed, but the new owners could pay off any 'costs' associated with their purchase from funds received. Watch how quickly things move when Mclean is sold.
You do realize that Kenny has a say "If" a club was to make St Mirren an offer and it was accepted.Kenny would then hold talks with the club wanting his signature with his agent who I believe is his father ( wise choice Kenny )Kenny could turn the club down by refusing the deal.Personally I think Kenny has bigger ambitions than the club " supposed " to be interested in him.I also think you are writing a ton of "keech" on Kenny who will still be at St Mirren when the window closes. Please book mark that :)

If you had bothered to read my posts you would see i said only Kenny himself could scupper any deal, and more than one club will be in for him.

Re the first bit above - say what?

And second bit - no Kenny sale = no club sale till the summer as long as buyers are prepared to wait?

21 17 34 31 9 and 6 Bonus Ball 41. Tonights lottery results just in case anyone is interested. I am not picking them and trying to force a rollover

Edited by DougJamie