Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

Now Kennys away is the club not been bought????

Thought so I smell shite!

The club sale was just a smoke screen for the board to reduce the wage bill while shipping out 5 player's and bringing in 2 loan player's and a free striker!!

The Board have cost cut since the cup final not bothered about there fan's they got there money back when they sold Love Street FACT got intrest back on any loans they gave the club FACT!

Now what we going to do with the proceeds of the Kenny sale now the Transfer window has shut?

Pay off Craig a mistake the BOARD made that none of the fans wanted!

The boards performance since the cup is compairable to Tommy Craigs managment record SHOCKING!!!!

Now Kennys away is the club not been bought????

Thought so I smell shite!

The club sale was just a smoke screen for the board to reduce the wage bill while shipping out 5 player's and bringing in 2 loan player's and a free striker!!

The Board have cost cut since the cup final not bothered about there fan's they got there money back when they sold Love Street FACT got intrest back on any loans they gave the club FACT!

Now what we going to do with the proceeds of the Kenny sale now the Transfer window has shut?

Pay off Craig a mistake the BOARD made that none of the fans wanted!

The boards performance since the cup is compairable to Tommy Craigs managment record SHOCKING!!!!

This is a frequently quoted mis-assumption. In order to finance the two planning applications required for the ground move the BoD had to form a company (Camscott) to take over the debt the club were repaying to Barr Construction for building the Caledonia Stand at the old ground. - the club couldn't afford to pay both at the same time.

Camscott was effectively a loan to the club underwritten by the directors and interest was charged at market rates. When Love St. was sold the the debt to Camscott iwas paid off. I have not kept my copies of the Accounts for this period but clearly recall any personal loans made by Board members to the club were either repaid without interest or converted into shares (but that's another story whistling.gif).

I do agree that the current BoD who took control in 1998 no longer have the energy required to manage the club effectively and am now of the opinion that any new owners not disbarred through financial misdemeanors would be better for the club. At approaching 5½ years since the consortium announced their decision to sell the club it is time to cut their losses and take whatever financial hit comes with this decision although I appreciate that's easier for me to say than them to do.

This is a frequently quoted mis-assumption. In order to finance the two planning applications required for the ground move the BoD had to form a company (Camscott) to take over the debt the club were repaying to Barr Construction for building the Caledonia Stand at the old ground. - the club couldn't afford to pay both at the same time.

Camscott was effectively a loan to the club underwritten by the directors and interest was charged at market rates. When Love St. was sold the the debt to Camscott iwas paid off. I have not kept my copies of the Accounts for this period but clearly recall any personal loans made by Board members to the club were either repaid without interest or converted into shares (but that's another story whistling.gif).

I do agree that the current BoD who took control in 1998 no longer have the energy required to manage the club effectively and am now of the opinion that any new owners not disbarred through financial misdemeanors would be better for the club. At approaching 5½ years since the consortium announced their decision to sell the club it is time to cut their losses and take whatever financial hit comes with this decision although I appreciate that's easier for me to say than them to do.

The BOD have never made it a secret that they didn't have the finance or energy and that the club needed new impetuous to carry on.

So our club has not been sold yet then.

Is there any real potential for it to be sold soon?

If not, is there another plan?

Don't know what plan they might come up with if they haven't sold it in five plus years. Keep trying to punt it I guess, or, try to re-ignite some sort of fan ownership scheme.... Nah! Fcuk that all over again.

If I was the interested party, I would wait until the end of season to find out which league the team was playing in ...

If I was the interested party, I would drop my interest pronto, and go and buy Hamilton for same or less money. A club that has an existing successful revenue generating system in place from consistent player sales at lucrative prices. Mmm, what's Ricardo Pini's mobile number?

If there was a seriously interested party , there would have been an arrangement in place to keep Kenny McLean until the end of the season , so IMO the deal is now off.

I wouldn,t be surprised though if the group from the North of England ( or a different variation of it )come back with an offer , as they were a tad disappointed that their original deal fell through .

If there was a seriously interested party , there would have been an arrangement in place to keep Kenny McLean until the end of the season , so IMO the deal is now off.

I wouldn,t be surprised though if the group from the North of England ( or a different variation of it )come back with an offer , as they were a tad disappointed that their original deal fell through .

Just a thought Griff , if the English Consortium who were " wrong for the club" had bought the club what do we think they would have said to a 200k bid for Mclean ?

SMiSA is a seriously interested party as are hopefully all the fans. With the benefit of hindsight, which nobody has, if SMiSA had an inkling five and a half years ago that the club would not be sold by now it would have been a lot easier to get fans on board in greater numbers and have a lot more money in the bank now. But is too late now? If only we could find a benefactor who could lend £1-5M to a fans' consortium for ten years at a nominal rate of interest. Someone like Sir Alex could comfortably afford it and I'm told he still has a lot of affection for our club despite the manner of his leaving. Has he been approached? The money we are talking about is almost certainly peanuts to him. Give him something else to think about in his retirement. I know it's thinking outside the box but are we not desperate enough to try anything? If it was to turn out to be even a remote possibility it would be incumbent on a lot of our fans to be willing to contribute a la SMiSA type arrangement on the long term.

Maybe Sir Alex has been approached and it's a non starter. If a serious and well thought out business plan was put forward, who knows? It's better than sitting twiddling our thumbs, fearing the worst and dreading Argentinians trying to buy us for possibly dubious, possibly disastrous reasons.

Some people pointed out on here that nobody wanted to buy McLean previously at the development fee level, so we effectively had to lower our expectations as to what he was worth when someone did want to buy him. Surely it's the same with the sale of the club? Seems you're asking too much guys. Drop the price and maybe you'll get some takers.

If I was the interested party, I would drop my interest pronto, and go and buy Hamilton for same or less money. A club that has an existing successful revenue generating system in place from consistent player sales at lucrative prices. Mmm, what's Ricardo Pini's mobile number?

There's no comparison.

Hamilton isn't a beautiful town close to the international airport with thousands of lovely fans.... :unsure:

Ok, I'm losing the thread, here, but you saw what I was driving at.

Some people pointed out on here that nobody wanted to buy McLean previously at the development fee level, so we effectively had to lower our expectations as to what he was worth when someone did want to buy him. Surely it's the same with the sale of the club? Seems you're asking too much guys. Drop the price and maybe you'll get some takers.

Would a pound do it.

Just a thought Griff , if the English Consortium who were " wrong for the club" had bought the club what do we think they would have said to a 200k bid for Mclean ?

They would have said that the arrangement to sell McLean for a cut price deal was a gentlemans agreement with the previous owners , but would consider selling Kenny McLean at the end of the season

They could have said what they like and it wouldn't have mattered a jot. Aberdeen offered what was agreed when Kenny re-signed and it triggered his release end of. A change of ownership would not have changed that contactual situation.

They could have said what they like and it wouldn't have mattered a jot. Aberdeen offered what was agreed when Kenny re-signed and it triggered his release end of. A change of ownership would not have changed that contactual situation.

Wrong , wrong and err wrong again !

Perhaps the English group felt the agreement was okay, whilst the Argies thought it was madness. I'm not sure it was in his contract though, the announcement just mentioned an agreement.