Deal To Sell To Argentinian Consortium Agreed

div

I think Div is probably better connected than Andy Newport but I guess we shall see!

I've had a quick read through the articles on Ricardo Pini online. No point writing much until we know if this is indeed the owner coming in but he seems to have had an ok time of it at the Chilean club. Fans didn't like him, got promoted then relegated, sold a couple of players who had signed but never kicked a ball for the team....but I suppose that is the business model. Certainly they seem stable enough financially and were sold last year to a local group of businessmen.

Waiting to see who comes out on top in this Div v Paisley Express face off now.

Newport's still quoting the pish about the Austrian club as if it's new info ! It was posted on here 2 weeks ago. Also says the Argies are away back over. Neil Murray's their rep here , do they think he's in Argentina too ?

I think everyone is right to be cautious, and the feeling of dread is only natural given the high profile failures of foreign owners in this country.

That said there are plenty of Scottish owners who have royally f**ked over their clubs too.

Gordon Scott's initial bid would have been the only one that delivered "more of the same" ie: with a wealthy Saints fan in the board room calling the shots.

Every other bid, and I include 10,000 hours in this, has carried it's own degree of risk, and would be different than we have all been used to ever since we all started supporting the club.

We know nothing about these guys yet, other than they are South American. I fail to see how anyone can form an opinion, good or bad, based purely on their nationality !

The only information that can be gleaned from their nationality is that they are unlikely to be St Mirren fans. And that makes me nervous.

Indeed he can be, but I'd argue Div is better informed than any journalist when it comes to the internal affairs of the club.

I don't know who's right, we'll find out soon enough though!

I'm just surprised there's been no corroboration from any journalists on such a big and surprising turn of events.

That's what I assumed. Oh well, it certainly brought some drama to a sodden Sunday morning whatever the truth of the matter is (and Shull's cab will need a valet!).

Just going to work now, all showered. whistling.gif

Graeme Macpherson @Graeme_Macphers

Claim their bid would have been "without utilising the club as an asset, with 100% private funding." Path now clear for South American bid.

0 replies4 retweets0 favorites
Retweet4
Favorite
More

English group withdraw from bid to buy St Mirren. "Unable to proceed with proposed purchase and subsequent achievable P'ship survival plan."

Feeling positive about the Argentinians , theres lots of other places where they could have invested , and I can understand why they chose to look at Motherwell before us ( bigger crowds / higher league finishes / regularly in Europe ) .

The new owners will hopefully come in with enthusiasm , and a gameplan.

And realistically its not as if the land the ground is built on is worth a fortune.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces and seeing Saints put a coupkle of wins together

Which begs the question, why us.

Unlikely. The press got it wrong about the English consortium purchase during the week. I doubt very much Div would post what he has done without concrete info !

Billy, from the way i read the recent events, the board played graeme macpherson like a harp by feeding him that story.

The english bid served a couple of key purposes for Douglas St

• they had a weak spot that enabled douglas street to keep them warm-without any intention to ever take their bid
  • this left them with a live bid that they could use to keep the valuation of their holding up in negotiations with others
  • they were then able to use them as a smokescreen if a more dubious bid arose (one which matched their valuation, which was their only real concern) as a way of creating a monster that hadto be slain

They are hoping we all just give them an easy ride as they tie up the loose ends and any EGM will be a cakewalk. "we saw off the worst case scenario and left you with only the second worst"

I wonder how amenable SG would now be to an emotive speech from someone seeking to head off this bid? But he leads a group with 75% in the bag and does not have to listen to anyone he doesnt want to, does he?

my view is that we will likely see short, maybe medium term success here and that the new owners will all have a healthy take from player sales. As long as they invest in local talent and improving the SMFC infrastructure i have no problem with that. We may see a whole new generation of saints fans on the back it all with an effect that will last for decades. the new owners could then sell up after a few years with a stellar approval rating a la McCann.

alternatively, they might choose to offset their debt to the club, invest only in what benefits them as individuals and leave us vulnerable to an insolvency event in 2-3 years time

there may be other scenarios as to how this all plays out, but i dont have the imagination to dream them all up.

i would echo any suggestion that we invest in SMISA with the intention of building up a fan-controlled fund for possible future emergency use. Just in case it comes in handy. i would also encourage SMISA to never again give any kind of loan or development payment to the club. The money SMISA have given to date has been spent making Douglas Street's holding more attractive for sale, hindsight is a great thing but maybe they would have been better holding on to some of that . These new guys need to show they can stand on their own feet and there may well be a better and higher purpose SMISA's money.

I know we aren't doing too great at the moment but 6 of our starting line up came through our youth ranks and over recent years the hard core of our team have been players who came through the youth ranks trying to make a name for themselves. You have watched the youngsters really wanting them to do well. I have enjoyed watching the youngsters we have developed at the club.

What is being suggested on here is that we will have a raft of young foreign player's coming and going through the club every transfer window on loan, signing etc with a view to selling them on. If the we do sell any of these player's then who would see these transfer fees?

It may be harsh to suggest this but I have real worries about money laundering and the likes going on at the club long term if such an arrangement happens.

Hopefully the individuals involved will come out and explain their plans for the club and give reassurances we all want to hear should the sale Div has suggested goes through.

For the last 15 year's or so you could always be fairly sure that most decisions made at the club by the board were for the best of St Mirren and it's supporters. Longterm under foreign ownership their appears to be more to be concerned about than happy about.

Why would an Argentinian consortium come over and get involved in a small Scottish club?

Can somebody tell me what there business background is and is it stable.

It depends on what you mean by stable.

Behind virtually every successful businessman is a stream of failed businesses.

Business is all about instability in that sense.

You'll not get your answer looking there.

Neither will you get your answer by looking only at their successes.

Business is risk and with risk comes some instability.

If you mean, have they been involved in anything dodgy?

You'd have to trust the selling board to have checked this out and binned them if anything had been found.

I am hearing that the club has been sold and our new owners will take over at some point this week.

They are from Argentina, so get your money on the new manager being South American.

Exciting, and absolutely terrifying in equal measure.

Hold on to your hats !

have to say im not terribly excited about absolutely shitting myself