Statement From English Consortium

div

I'm resigned to relegation at the moment.

The managerial issues are a side show. Kinda feel for Gary Teale in all this to be honest.

Aye, me too. I know some people feel that this is a defeatist attitude, but given the omnishambles that grows ever more farcical by the day, while the BoD have, thus far, seemingly done hee haw to reverse our rapid journey round the U-bend, it is difficult to reach any other conclusion.

Someone posted last week that any movement in the management situation is akin to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. This was 100% spot-on.

We are little more than point-and-laugh fodder nowadays.

We may well be a laughing stock, but not because of this development. The English consortium clearly makes a laughing stock of itself with this pitiful statement, and we have definitely dodged a bullet there.

I'm not suggesting that we've missed the deal of the century here, believe me. I'm referring to the general situation.

"At this time we were surprisingly pressed by one of the St Mirren FC Directors for the name of our proposed manager, and we reluctantly declared the name of Mr David Thompson in confidence and in good faith. That same evening, this information appeared in the Scottish Daily Express and Mr David Thompson also appeared in the betting to become the next St Mirren FC Manager. The next day his price went to odds on".

This bit is interesting as well. Tom English has said on Radio Scotland that anyone taking the St Mirren manager's job needs to be aware that there are more leaks than a sieve from within the club. It's not good that we're seen as a club where there's in-fighting, back biting and senior figures willing to brief journalists off the record.

I inferred from that, that someone had been placing some money on the appointment of Thommo.

Seems like unnecessary mudslinging to me.

I don't know, I mean he wasn't in the betting then was just as his name came out. Coincidence, hmmm!

This of course is a board who had a group of us pre-public meeting on Rangers to basically tell us why their way/view/plan was best. Secret Squirrel would struggle with this lot.

Oh and 6 months...was TC basically an interim with folk at the club believing he deserved a pay off?

I wonder if the financial standing of these guys was a factor too. A quick search on Companies House shows there's no registered company called "Aspiration Holding Inc,". A "Holding" company is normally one which sits on top of a group - so odd to use that if not even a registered company...

There is clearly something rotten at the core of our club. Whether it relates to the sale, to the managerial appointments or to declining investment or interest by the BoD, all are so badly handled one might think it was deliberate sabotage. How on earth did we get here? Why do so many fans continue to trust this BoD?

I keep thinking that things can't get any worse.

I was wrong, when will we hit the bottom? We seem to be on a never ending kamikaze nose dive.

The English Consortium pulling out is very good news.

Dinnae panic.

A manager with zero management experience and absolutely no experience of Scottish Football is exactly what is needed in a relegation dogfight...

Toys out the pram stuff but can't help but sympathise with lack of communication from the board. Welcome to our world!

"we had a Team Manager, Assistant Manager, Director of Football, Head of Recruitement and a comprehensive European Scouting facility lined up".

This bit jumped out at me, what size of a club do they think we are? Two wasted wages for a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment, and why do we need a "comprehensive European Scouting facility", when an effective network of Scottish scouts would be a great starting point?

I know, who do they think they are with their planning for success and realistic level of resources to support their ambitions? i don't trust anyone that doesn't want to fly a multi-million pound business by the seat of it's pants

Statement To English Consortium:

Your main man did time for fraud and the Argies outbid you.

Message ends

On another note it is of no surprise that every time something is discussed in confidence with the selling consortium it appears one or more of them fsll over themselves to breach said confidence. Perhaps they need to take a look at themselves in that regard?

UK residents didn't exactly work out all that well for Sevco.

UK residents didn't exactly work out all that well for Sevco.

Anyone taken over our club is a risk and will make some nervous.

All I know about the Argies is they live thousands of miles away from the club. One of these Argies has questionable dealings with a South American club. Two have just sold shares in a club that got relegated. They plan to bring over South American players to sell on. What do you think to put any money from sale back into the club or line their own pockets. I know the answer to that I will let you decide for yourself

English consortium.

Argentinian consortium.

Selling consortium.

Don't believe any of you. Not about European football, not about grooming stars for the Premiership, not about Directors of Football and European Scouting networks, not about placing your own puppet manager, Thompson or (insert name of Argie/Spaniard that would otherwise never be here in a million years), not about....

We don't need to be told much of anything about your deals, your sneaking stories to the press, your cosy ring-fencing shares, or anything. Here's the news though. We were here every Saturday before any of you came along - and I mean any of you. We want to be here every Saturday after you've all left. We appreciate what some of you have done. Very much so. It was a long time ago though.

Don't fcuk up a 137 year body of work.

On another note it is of no surprise that every time something is discussed in confidence with the selling consortium it appears one or more of them fsll over themselves to breach said confidence. Perhaps they need to take a look at themselves in that regard?

Outstanding point. I approve of Div spreading the word on here about the development yesterday, but he's not a member of the board and therefore really should not have known about it. If they are serious about selling, and serious about attracting serious bidders, they need to shut the f**k up.

The English Consortium pulling out is very good news.

Dinnae panic.

Yes but our complete and utter lack direction other than the Championship is doing my nut in.

Our good name is being tarnished and our chairman goes on his holidays during what is arguably the most important time since his tenure. None of it makes any sense and as for whoever leaked David Thomson's name what was that all about?

WTF

Yes but our complete and utter lack direction other than the Championship is doing my nut in.

Our good name is being tarnished and our chairman goes on his holidays during what is arguably the most important time since his tenure. None of it makes any sense and as for whoever leaked David Thomson's name what was that all about?

WTF

A couple of wins and we'll be good dude.

At the worst we'll play Hibs in a play off and they'll bottle it.

That statement reads like it was written by a very unprofessional 10 year old who just had his Football manager game taken off him. Sadly,that level of professionalism is being matched by our selling consortium who continue to frustrate with a lack of urgency on all matters pending.

The term used "It's business as usual" from the BOD until the club is sold is getting more and more ludicrous by the day.

I wonder if the financial standing of these guys was a factor too. A quick search on Companies House shows there's no registered company called "Aspiration Holding Inc,". A "Holding" company is normally one which sits on top of a group - so odd to use that if not even a registered company...

It's Aspiration Holding Ltd, another mistake in the statement possibly.