Statement From English Consortium

div

I know, who do they think they are with their planning for success and realistic level of resources to support their ambitions? i don't trust anyone that doesn't want to fly a multi-million pound business by the seat of it's pants

One man's planning for success is another man's sales pitch and pie in the sky!

There is clearly something rotten at the core of our club. Whether it relates to the sale, to the managerial appointments or to declining investment or interest by the BoD, all are so badly handled one might think it was deliberate sabotage. How on earth did we get here? Why do so many fans continue to trust this BoD?

And this would help the Selling Consortium how...???? Five years wanting out and scupper their chances..??

Sabotaging the Football Manager bid ????

I think we've missed a trick here plenty contacts thomo would have had proper recruitment and a structure rather than 10 leaving every pre season we need fresh change from top to bottom think we're all resigned to relegation poor show saints no announcement been a month since tc was bagged who knows what this week will bring

I think we've missed a trick here plenty contacts thomo would have had proper recruitment and a structure rather than 10 leaving every pre season we need fresh change from top to bottom think we're all resigned to relegation poor show saints no announcement been a month since tc was bagged who knows what this week will bring

How do you know what Thompson would have done mate? No management experience whatsoever and no certainty about what would happen next week never mind the summer.

Is that not Brian Caldwells job?

Yes, but he isn't responsible for setting the budget, deciding how to vote on the Sevco, bagging/appointing managers, interviewing for positions, or, or... calling the shots basically. He surely implements directives from the board. Who would be calling the shots, and what shots they call is the issue under any new consortium, Argentinian or blabbing through websites English ones, no matter.

I know, who do they think they are with their planning for success and realistic level of resources to support their ambitions? i don't trust anyone that doesn't want to fly a multi-million pound business by the seat of it's pants

Errr... "realistic"?? A Director of Football, a Head of Recruitment and a "comprehensive European Scouting facility" is in no way realistic for a club of our size.

Errr... "realistic"?? A Director of Football, a Head of Recruitment and a "comprehensive European Scouting facility" is in no way realistic for a club of our size.

When your broker is a convicted fraudster, anything is possible. Lucky escape, and would still take our BOD any day over whats out there

To me this sounds like a sales pitch to the fans! However we've seen right through the facade of these wild idea, that's not what we are interested in. We've seen too many other teams in Scotland go bust with grand plans. We need to build steadily from what we have. Yes, investment is needed but sensible incremental.

Yes, but he isn't responsible for setting the budget, deciding how to vote on the Sevco, bagging/appointing managers, interviewing for positions, or, or... calling the shots basically. He surely implements directives from the board. Who would be calling the shots, and what shots they call is the issue under any new consortium, Argentinian or blabbing through websites English ones, no matter.

I'm this day and age being in Argentina or anywhere for that matter doesn't really make a difference. If bria. caldwells job is to do the bidding of the board then they can give him direction in online Skype meetings. Christ I've had job interviews over Skype. its 2015 ffs.

I'm not saying I agree with this bid or anything else for that matter. Just pointing out that that particular issue is actually a non issue.

Edited by slapsalmon

Well done Graeme Redpath for sharing this, and some of his ideas , and also making us aware of some of the parties wishing to be involved in purchasing the group.

With regards to , New Manager , Assistant Manager , Director of Football , European scouting facility , whats wrong with that ? Why shouldn,t a club like ours have these ?

Though I suspect , some of these jobs would have been carried out by members of the new board.

Hoping a deal can be done soon so we can progress .

I'm this day and age being in Argentina or anywhere for that matter doesn't really make a difference. If bria. caldwells job is to do the bidding of the board then they can give him direction in online Skype meetings. Christ I've had job interviews over Skype. its 2015 ffs.

I'm not saying I agree with this bid or anything else for that matter. Just pointing out that that particular issue is actually a non issue.

You reckon the existing BoD would vacate the premises, with no-one from the new owners being their man-on-the-ground? No-one in the boardroom every home game bar Brian Caldwell and visiting club directors?

"Why don't we have scouts?" - "Oh, you have scouts...f**k off with your scouts!"

"Why aren't we more organised or ambitous?" - "You seem organised and ambitious. Well, you can f**k right off!"