New York City Next Month

melmac

You are a little ray of sunshine. Yes, we are indeed shite compared with a world cup winner. I just wouldn't stand for it, I hope you are organising a demonstration in protest as we speak.

Don't be a prat. It was an awful first half from us and , as a TEAM who have only trained together for a month, they've played us off the park. And David Villa is ONE player is a team of effectively journeymen by MLS standards.

We are a team of wee boys with no physical presence and on the most part no talent. NY bossed us in every position on the field and looked like proper athletes. Sadlier and sonupe looked half decent but are still young and lightweight. I hope the rumours of signing antoine curier are correct and gow even looked like he could add much needed experience and some composure to the team

Edited by Big Yards

I never said I found it offensive. Just feel it's a bit unprofessional. Perhaps he didn't but his gestures suggested that's what he wanted to do. It's a minor personal irritation.

Don't backtrack - you're right. It was embarrassing. I mentioned it on another thread and got HUGE ABUSE. I can take it. :whistle:'

Can't take much from any friendly really .

I'm sure GT's selection and subs were based on resting players for Saturday, which is correct. Reilly and Wylde shouldn't and hopefully won't feature at the weekend, Sadlier and Sonupe hopefully will.

Decent run out and trip and bit of history. Not much else to take from that.

NYC FC mix and match fitness exercise XI - 2. St Mirren mix and match, give some guys and fringe players a run out and take part in a bit of history XI - 0.

Teale must go. Sack the board. Argies, Argies, GTF.

With the global audience that the game attracted watch the yellow top become one of the worlds most sought after fashion accessories.

I was there tonight, ticket was sat with the City crowd. May be it's because I don't get to see the team much but I enjoyed the night. The first goal was worse than a school boy error, how the two of them couldn't clear that was beyond me.

The ball that led to the second goal I thought must be going out because I couldn't understand why Kello stayed on his line, another defensive disaster.

Players wise, I liked the lad from West Ham, unlucky with his shot at the end, a good save from the smallest goalie I've ever seen. When the keeper came on he jumped to touch the crossbar and only reached it with his finger tips, hilarious ! Seemed a good shot stopper though.

Just before half time Goody was taking the p*ss out of Villa after the Spaniard missed tackling him, I got the impression that was being carried on as they left the pitch, not that he was asking for his shirt, but I'll stand to be corrected.

I thought the support was tremendous, the City fans were very impressed where I was sat that so many had travelled so far for a friendly on a freezing Tuesday night, but I do think it was poor that the team didn't come near us at the end to show their appreciation, very poor I'm afraid, didn't even see any of them look in our direction and acknowledge the travelling support. Some one please tell me they did and I missed it.

The Goodwin/Villa stuff just before half-time was the highlight for me. Villa nutmegged Goodwin, which I immediately thought would lead to retribution. It did - as Goodwin then nutmegged Villa with a pass and indicated it was one each. Everyone seemed to have a good laugh.

I was there tonight, ticket was sat with the City crowd. May be it's because I don't get to see the team much but I enjoyed the night. The first goal was worse than a school boy error, how the two of them couldn't clear that was beyond me.

The ball that led to the second goal I thought must be going out because I couldn't understand why Kello stayed on his line, another defensive disaster.

Players wise, I liked the lad from West Ham, unlucky with his shot at the end, a good save from the smallest goalie I've ever seen. When the keeper came on he jumped to touch the crossbar and only reached it with his finger tips, hilarious ! Seemed a good shot stopper though.

Just before half time Goody was taking the p*ss out of Villa after the Spaniard missed tackling him, I got the impression that was being carried on as they left the pitch, not that he was asking for his shirt, but I'll stand to be corrected.

I thought the support was tremendous, the City fans were very impressed where I was sat that so many had travelled so far for a friendly on a freezing Tuesday night, but I do think it was poor that the team didn't come near us at the end to show their appreciation, very poor I'm afraid, didn't even see any of them look in our direction and acknowledge the travelling support. Some one please tell me they did and I missed it.

You're right. Not one of them came over at the end.

To not acknowledge your support at any game is criminal. I remember speaking to craig brown and he said he always told the teams.he managed to acknowledge the support and thinknthey support. To travel down there after the utter.shite they serve up most weeks and receive no thanks for the team is v v poor