Recording Low Inflation

Stuart Dickson

I can't believe anyone would argue with that. How can it possibly be better to have kids sitting on the dole? Ach don't bother answering. I get it. You're a bitter twisted nationalist who wishes only pain and suffering on Scots whilst the country remains in the Union

No, it's not a Scottish issue, it's a UK one, stop trying to deflect. I'm talking about the poor sods being held to ransom by unscrupulous employers all over the UK. Fair enough, there are examples of where it's been worthwhile - hence the expression about exceptions proving the rule. There are many, many, other examples where it's completely and utterly wrong.

Wow!

"Oxster posts sensibly" shocker!!!! ohmy.png

To be fair I'm a very strong advocate of not shielding young people from hardship.

I wouldn't let my kids starve but allowing them to struggle through problems is essential for developing resilience and independence.

I certainly wouldn't be handing my kids money if they were living at home.

They'd get shelter and food but if they wanted money they'd need to earn it or go without.

Once they were earning enough to pay rent they'd be moving out.

As for actually buying a house? Young people shouldn't even be thinking about that these days unless they can afford it.

Sunny days are so enjoyable precisely because of the long winter you had to go through to reach them.

Winning the Cup was so enjoyable because of the years of pain in the 1st Division.

As it is in football and weather, so it is in real working life.

Edited by oaksoft

Yip.

That record low inflation is really helping people out.

A record number of adults and children relied upon food banks in Scotland in December, according to new figures obtained by the BBC.

Nearly 10,500 people visited the Trussell Trust's 48 food banks for the first time in the charity's history.

The data also reveals a third of users cited low income - and not welfare benefit delays - for their predicament.

The figure is a 13% increase from the 9,263 people who used a Trussell Trust food bank in December 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30832524

Yip.

That record low inflation is really helping people out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-30832524

Some people just like getting free stuff :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the figure would have been far, far worse had Scotland chosen independence. That much is obvious now. Fortunately we didn't and instead pensioners UK wide have been given the opportunity to invest in secure government bonds which will give them a return EIGHT times higher than the rate of inflation.

It must be horrible being a nationalist at the moment. First you were humiliated in the referendum. Then all your fiscal projections have been shown to be fanciful shite, and now you face a situation where voting for the SNP in May will mean returning David Cameron to power.

More good news for the UK economy. The ONS today released figures showing record profits in the manufacturing and service sectors. No doubt those pathetic nationalist s will try desperately to find a negative spin cause that's what they do but there is no denying the evidence

Some people just like getting free stuff :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the figure would have been far, far worse had Scotland chosen independence. That much is obvious now. Fortunately we didn't and instead pensioners UK wide have been given the opportunity to invest in secure government bonds which will give them a return EIGHT times higher than the rate of inflation.

It must be horrible being a nationalist at the moment. First you were humiliated in the referendum. Then all your fiscal projections have been shown to be fanciful shite, and now you face a situation where voting for the SNP in May will mean returning David Cameron to power.

More good news for the UK economy. The ONS today released figures showing record profits in the manufacturing and service sectors. No doubt those pathetic nationalist s will try desperately to find a negative spin cause that's what they do but there is no denying the evidence

Yawn yawn yawn. Do you never get bored with all your drivel. Scotland free by 23

Even in the left wing press they can't ignore the gushing praise

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/16/imf-chief-hails-uk-economic-recovery

More good news for the UK economy http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11353595/Employment-in-Britain-rises-at-twice-rate-of-any-other-European-country.html. No doubt the Natsis will again try to put a negative spin on the figures. Truth is we have always been Better Together

However...

For every 12 new jobs created here in Loverly Lahndahn, 1 job is lost in the North of the UK.

This, frankly, is not a great advert for Togetherness.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/divided-uk-for-every-12-jobs-created-in-the-south-one-is-lost-in-the-north-9986656.html#

However...

For every 12 new jobs created here in Loverly Lahndahn, 1 job is lost in the North of the UK.

This, frankly, is not a great advert for Togetherness.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/divided-uk-for-every-12-jobs-created-in-the-south-one-is-lost-in-the-north-9986656.html#

Course it is Bluto. It shows that despite the business frailty of some regions in the UK the country on the whole continue to prosper.

Course it is Bluto. It shows that despite the business frailty of some regions in the UK the country on the whole continue to prosper.

That would be like suggesting Africa is a booming continent because... er....because Nigeria has some oil wells?

I believe that a Scottish separation would have no impact on the distorting effect of London on the rest of the UK, but I also believe that the concentration of wealth in the SE of the UK distorts our economy, distresses all other parts of the land and long-term builds up disenchantment, disenfranchisemnt and resentment.

This is not BETTER, in any sense.

That would be like suggesting Africa is a booming continent because... er....because Nigeria has some oil wells?

I believe that a Scottish separation would have no impact on the distorting effect of London on the rest of the UK, but I also believe that the concentration of wealth in the SE of the UK distorts our economy, distresses all other parts of the land and long-term builds up disenchantment, disenfranchisemnt and resentment.

Wow! It must be infectious. YOU are now making sensible posts too.

It would also be like saying that it's OK that my son has lost his job because I've personally had a 25% pay rise and therefore our household has improved. That would equally be bollox.

For a family to improve, all members have to feel the improvement otherwise you get resentment and friction.

That's always been the problem with the UK and until that changes you'll always see an independence threat in Scotland.

It is better, rather obviously.

Lets say Scotland had voted for separation. As you've intimated you cannot force businesses to locate to Scotland and London would still have been the powerhouse drawing investment in the City. However an independent Scotland wouldn't have been able to get any benefit from it at all. All the taxation collected from those employees in those London based companies, all the property tax, stamp duty, etc, etc would all have remained in England and all Scotland would have been left with would have been a collapsing North Sea Oil business and a whisky industry that was bound to see shrinkage due to worsening trade support through the loss of many embassies around the world.

Staying together has meant we all benefit from the good economic news that keeps coming through on a daily basis thanks to George Osbournes economic policies. Scottish pensioners are benefitting from bond rates of interest that are 8 times higher than the current rate of inflation and Scots are benefitting from falling petrol prices and cheaper goods in the shops thanks to the stability of the pound compared to other weaker currencies like the Norwegian Krone, or the Euro.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I'm not going into it again - you've been telt.

What do you think of your lord and master saying he wants full employment after the next election? You know, the thing you scoffed at and claimed something along the lines of "only idiots would do that" when mentioned by the Yes side during the referendum. Come on, we're waiting for you to lambast him and compare the UK government to North Korea etc, etc.

He'll never achieve it - it's as simple as that. The aspiration is OK I suppose but in reality I think the whole of the UK should just be impressed if he could get more than 75% of the population working.

What, no condemnation and bile directed at him? No name calling? Just goes to show what a two-faced c**t you really are.

I'd scratch my head but I realise this is just another pathetic attempt at deflection from you at a time where the UK economy is soaring to the benefit of all it's residents. How different that could have been if Kim Jong Salmond and Il John Swinney had been believed by the majority of the Scottish populace. Even using their ridiculous oil figures which are almost 300% higher than todays reality, John Swinney was pledging to put massively increase Scotlands borrowing. No wonder you are so embarrassed you've resorted to pathetic name calling.....:rolleyes:

Here's more evidence of just how silly those Natsi's were during the referendum. One of the currency options Alex Salmond talked about was having a Scottish Pound that would be pegged to Sterling. Well here's what happens to economies that peg their currency to that of another when currency you are pegged to takes the kind of action it has to to protect those living within it's borders whilst ignoring the impact on others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30889850

Seriously, rather than our pensioners getting a return of up to EIGHT times the rate of inflation guaranteed on their investment, in Denmark poor pensioners have to pay the bank to look after their money. Thankfully 55% of Scots who voted recognised the dangers and as a result we're all Better Together.

You know, I never thought I'd see the day when you went totally off topic just to avoid repeating what you've said before.

I see from your earlier quote of one of his posts that he is still obsessing about the referendum snore.gif .

He needs to move on really. It was 4 months ago.

Well Done Osbourne. The joint lowest rate of inflation on record and the lowest since 2000. Great news meaning that everyone has more money in their pockets whether it's from inflation bursting pay rises - even in the public sector - or from the fact that mortgage rates are likely to remain at the current record low for longer.

Why would anyone vote for anyone else in May?

Apologies, stlucifer, but I had to quote him to remind everyone of the sheer ridiculousness of his original post.

Inflation busting pay rises? I work in the public sector, and since 2008, if my wages had kept pace with inflation, I'd be on 6 grand a year more than I am now. If those wages had risen incrementally with inflation, I would have been paid around £21,000 more than I have been. Or put another way, enough money to pay for Dickson to do a course in economics.

Apologies, stlucifer, but I had to quote him to remind everyone of the sheer ridiculousness of his original post.

Inflation busting pay rises? I work in the public sector, and since 2008, if my wages had kept pace with inflation, I'd be on 6 grand a year more than I am now. If those wages had risen incrementally with inflation, I would have been paid around £21,000 more than I have been. Or put another way, enough money to pay for Dickson to do a course in economics.

Wow, a £100,000 per annum job at the taxpayers expense in 2008, now worth over £115,000 per annum and you're bleating about your money? Remember it was your bosses who spectacularly f**ked up the country over that period.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Spend £21000 on that fat tit?

F**k that.

This would be enough for him to improve on his current understanding of economics.

richard-scarrys-little-counting-book.jpg

Edited by FTOF

He must have realized how far out he was and was to ashamed to publish it.

Either that or he just thought of the first number in his head and decided to just lie again.

I tend to think its the second theory with his previous record of lying.

The facts are , he just isn't the laughing stock he used to be . He is now just repeating himself , over and over , trundling out the same old made up pish . It is far funnier now over in the Poor Sevco thread , where you can get a genuine laugh at his preferred Unionist fitba team. .

• 2 weeks later...