Welcome Aboard Yoann Arquin

TC7

So despite 5 defeats in only 6 games, it seems Gary Teale is given the go ahead to sign players, lol. Dont know much about this chap but to say he is better than what we have is damning with faint praise. My prediction is he will be a failure, Im afraid. Its only my guess remember, but I have been accurate with every other one.

Thought the boy deserves some praise. Looked pretty handy last night. Holding the ball up well, goimg direct when he needs to, winning air balls, nice passing and knock-ons to bring his team mates into play in the final third. More or less everything we have been missing so far this year. Looks like he will be an important player in the run in. Here's hoping he wins his appeal today.

Edited by paulsmfc

Thought the boy deserves some praise. Looked pretty handy last night. Holding the ball up well, goimg direct when he needs to, winning air balls, nice passing and knock-ons to bring his team mates into play in the final third. More or less everything we have been missing so far this year. Looks like he will be an important player in the run in. Here's hoping he wins his appeal today.

I agree with much of what you say but he will be much more useful when he learns the offside rule. I lost count last night of how many times he was in an offside position as Saints went forward.

Points well made Paul, and I take it all onboard, however I reckon I'd swap any post match platitudes of our strikers for a goal.

Pulling recent names out of the hat at random.... Guy, Parkin, Magennis, Ball, Reilly, Caldwell, Marwood.... we just need someone who plays up top to trouble the score board on even a semi-regular basis.

Early days for Arquin, and I'm resisting the temptation to repeat his goals to game statistics at Ross County, but I'd settle for him being shit on Saturday (if eligible) but actually busting the net.

Feels to me that we are indeed at last seeing some progress in terms of tactics, passion and desire, but I think Tommy Craig's legacy / lack of goals is going to get us relegated unless we can pull a rabbit from the hat in the last few days of the transfer window.

Apologies for being a bit downbeat, still freezing after last night.

Points well made Paul, and I take it all onboard, however I reckon I'd swap any post match platitudes of our strikers for a goal.

Pulling recent names out of the hat at random.... Guy, Parkin, Magennis, Ball, Reilly, Caldwell, Marwood.... we just need someone who plays up top to trouble the score board on even a semi-regular basis.

Early days for Arquin, and I'm resisting the temptation to repeat his goals to game statistics at Ross County, but I'd settle for him being shit on Saturday (if eligible) but actually busting the net.

Feels to me that we are indeed at last seeing some progress in terms of tactics, passion and desire, but I think Tommy Craig's legacy / lack of goals is going to get us relegated unless we can pull a rabbit from the hat in the last few days of the transfer window.

Apologies for being a bit downbeat, still freezing after last night.

You are downbeat my forum friend, downbeat indeed.

After last night my confidence glands have been somewhat tickled and I am now of the opinion that if we can catch Motherwell (we could surpass them on Saturday) then we will remain above them, even leaving them in our wake,

We do have the required ability to get out of this mess and Arquin will play an important role in that. He was good last night was he not?

Edited by TediousTom

He improved in the second half, started to win headers and bring other people into play a bit more. Looks to hold the ball up well enough, I still just worry about his ability to actually put the ball in the net. He's not going to get chance after chance in this St Mirren team, so he's going to have to be ruthless when he does.

Thought he was pretty decent last night. He won the header and flicked the ball on for Kenny's goal, but also has good positional sense and drags defenders out of position.

He was guilty of going to sleep a couple of times later in the game when he tired, but, overall, got in amongst it, seems to have settled well and is applying himself.

In fairness, from what I've seen of him so far, I'm pleasantly surprised.

He could be a bit more direct at times, but that could come. Aye, the big fella will do.

If he wins his appeal, I can see us finally getting our first home league win this season on Saturday. He'll cause most teams in the league problems with his aerial ability & strength, never mind Dundee.

Unfortunately, if he doesn't win it, I'm guessing McLean will be back up front again. I know he is out best option up there when Arquin & Thommo aren't available, but we do really miss him in the midfield.

I suppose there's a chance we'd sign someone prior to Saturday too.

It's great news on two three fronts.

Arquin is availlable and will torment the Dungdee defence.

Arquin is availlable and lets King Kenny play his natural game to torment the Dungdee defence.

Arquin is availlable showing up that wee t**d of a fourth official for what he is.... biased useless!!

Edited to add.

I'm still surprised it was reduced even though I felt it should have been.

Edited by stlucifer