Builders - Recommendations?

Drew

Hello folks

we are looking to have an extension built and have the plans drawn up, planning permission/building warrant granted, and the funds in the bank, but have been let down by a builder before a shovel has been wielded in anger (I reckon he has bigger fish to fry and has effectively shunned our business in favour of a other projects).

I was wondering if anyone works in the trade or knows of anyone who they could recommend that we might approach for a quotation. It isn't a huge scale build - extending the kitchen and also adding a utility room, but there must be someone out there looking for the business.

We stay over in Dunbartonshire, so only 20 minutes to half an hour from Paisley, and easily within reasonable travel distance for Glasgow based firms.

If anyone can offer any suggestions I'd be most grateful. We're ready to go as and when we can agree a price etc.

Ta much

Drew

ps: if we can't get this sorted out soon, I'm going to use the money to make an offer for the club. I reckon the selling consortium are becoming so desperate they might just accept it if I chuck in a packet of Hubba Bubba and and Caramac bar.

IIRC last year you got the Man Shed - this year you are building a Female version.

Somewhere for the Mrs to entertain her friends while she does the laundry.

Nice job sir!

I'm going to show her this post. You'd better look out your passport!

Hello folks

we are looking to have an extension built and have the plans drawn up, planning permission/building warrant granted, and the funds in the bank, but have been let down by a builder before a shovel has been wielded in anger (I reckon he has bigger fish to fry and has effectively shunned our business in favour of a other projects).

I was wondering if anyone works in the trade or knows of anyone who they could recommend that we might approach for a quotation. It isn't a huge scale build - extending the kitchen and also adding a utility room, but there must be someone out there looking for the business.

We stay over in Dunbartonshire, so only 20 minutes to half an hour from Paisley, and easily within reasonable travel distance for Glasgow based firms.

If anyone can offer any suggestions I'd be most grateful. We're ready to go as and when we can agree a price etc.

Ta much

Drew

ps: if we can't get this sorted out soon, I'm going to use the money to make an offer for the club. I reckon the selling consortium are becoming so desperate they might just accept it if I chuck in a packet of Hubba Bubba and and Caramac bar.

FFS, I love Caramac Bars thumbup2.gif

Drew my brother is a builder but is now on the rigs, he still does jobs for folks who have been repeat customers over the years. He said that would be too much for him to do when home but recommends

http://georgecuthbertbuilders.co.uk/ who I can vouch for as they roughcasted of house a few years back (lots of compliments on it and folk asking for his number) I would recommend too.

and

Alan Dow and Son just have a number for him 07855261105

Hope this helps. Tell them you got number from Garry Quinn

Alan Dow and Son just have a number for him 07855261105

I was just about to post about Alan.He is my ex Brother in Law and his son is my Nephew.Spoke to Nephew yesterday,,they are busy but give him a phone and he will have a chat with you.They are also happy for you to go and look at any jobs they have done.Alan is a perfectionist who does every job as if it was his own house he was working on.

Many thanks again folks for the recommendations. It makes life a good bit easier when you have people vouching for the quality of a firm.

Defo drew for such a big job its good to get someone recommended. I've always been lucky with my brother in the trade - all tradesmen then come recommended. Hope you get something sorted soon

We had our garage converted a couple of years ago by Neil Scalley from Paisley Property Maintenance. He did a great job at a good competitive price and hoping to get him to do our kitchen/dining room in next couple of months. His team of builders including Miss Saints's brother did a grand job. I will pm you his number.

We had our garage converted a couple of years ago by Neil Scalley from Paisley Property Maintenance. He did a great job at a good competitive price and hoping to get him to do our kitchen/dining room in next couple of months. His team of builders including Miss Saints's brother did a grand job. I will pm you his number.

My bruv asking who you are, sorry I couldn't even mind yer actual name haha. I wasn't aware of him working for them cos he had his own business for a long time after working for companies but he said he did all PPM's brickwork. I said you probably had something Saints about the house and the convo started from there!