St Mirren V Dundee United Premiership 21/1/15 7.45Pm Kick Off

shull

Last Saturday and tonight - 2 great performances - well done to all the players and GT & DL.

Great to see the combination of skill, organisation and effort.

It's important that we try and build on these hard won 4 points against Dundee.

There is still a long way to go until the end of the season - at least there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

Goodwin has been awful. McAusland has been decent.

Thankfully we have McLean, easily the best player we've had in many years

Which game were you watching? Goodwin was immense at the back. He moved right across the park putting in blocks and ensuring the crosses didn't get through. McLean. You're right. I felt something was going to happen whenever he was near the ball. I would add that I felt Kelly, Naismith, McGinn Mallan,,..... ACH, nearly all the team were excellent.

As far as Arquinn was concerned. Yes. He certainly looked good in parts but he appears to be the type of player who won't chase a 49-51 ball. Not saying it's entirely wrong but perhaps closing down a defender makes him make mistakes. Young McLear showed him how to do it when he came on.

I thought we did enough to deserve to win this match but we could just as easily have shot ourselves in the foot near the end so, a good point and we move on. Teales troops to shoot down the other half of Dundee on Saturday and we'll rejoice,.... a little.

Which game were you watching? Goodwin was immense at the back. He moved right across the park putting in blocks and ensuring the crosses didn't get through. McLean. You're right. I felt something was going to happen whenever he was near the ball. I would add that I felt Kelly, Naismith, McGinn Mallan,,..... ACH, nearly all the team were excellent.

As far as Arquinn was concerned. Yes. He certainly looked good in parts but he appears to be the type of player who won't chase a 49-51 ball. Not saying it's entirely wrong but perhaps closing down a defender makes him make mistakes. Young McLear showed him how to do it when he came on.

I thought we did enough to deserve to win this match but we could just as easily have shot ourselves in the foot near the end so, a good point and we move on. Teales troops to shoot down the other half of Dundee on Saturday and we'll rejoice,.... a little.

First part of the game Goodwin was awful. He quickly improved after he got out of jail with the short pass back. No damage done and after this he was brilliant, solid game and controlled display.

First half we were excellent, should have gone in ahead.

2nd half was really poor from both sides for the most of it. Dundee United were in top for most of it without really creating. We then had a good finish and could have won it in the end.

Penalty shout at the end was the right decision, hit his arm but they were tucked into his body as he turned his back.

McGinn, McLean and Mallan all performed well tonight and big Arquin was a handful. Tired towards the end but won most headers and looks a good signing.

Feeling more positive about our survival prospects, 3 points on Saturday now please.

Edited by davidg

Great shift from the boys tonight, Everybody had a good game, McLean's goal was a beauty, Thought Arquin had a good game upfront won a lot of balls in the air, lets hope we get his appeal so he can play on Sat, Hard to pick a MOM but its got to be Kenny McLean, Outstanding again, Can feel our first home win on Sat is coming

Thought Goodwin was ropey and off the pace in the first half but they weren't in the mood to punish him , 2nd half he was a different player , totally assured.

Much better performance , and Arquin , although lazy as I expected , is probably perfect to get the best out of McLean. I'd probably give Teale the job short-term , cos , for now anyway , the players are playing for him !

Enjoyed that tonight. We were the better team and could justifiably have taken all 3 points, though no real complaints with the draw.

You can keep your GMSs and Armstrongs, Kenny McLean was the best player on show by a country mile.

With fight and spirit like that, we can definitely stay in this league.

Oh, and a final word for the West Stand linesman....

Fud!

Enjoyed that tonight. We were the better team and could justifiably have taken all 3 points, though no real complaints with the draw.

You can keep your GMSs and Armstrongs, Kenny McLean was the best player on show by a country mile.

With fight and spirit like that, we can definitely stay in this league.

Oh, and a final word for the West Stand linesman....

Fud!

aye aye aye, but what about the lavvy snotters?

Is this a piss take? Goodwin was brilliant tonight. Have you been taking the funny stuff?

Did you not watch the first half? He spent most of it watching Dundee United players running by him!!! While he may not have pace what you can never accuse him of is lack of desire, commitment and heart and he did make some fantastic blocks. So no I doubt it was a piss take just an observation made based on his first half performance.

I actually enjoyed the game tonight, best performance I've seen all season.

Arquin although not the best is exactly what we needed made space for Kenny and caused them lots of problems playing on the last defender and running in behind their defence.

It would appear Teale understands what is needed to turn things around and the players are responding to him.

What a pity we gave TC the gig. We're starting to look the part and our home grown players are now the backbone of the team. Great to see light after a long time in a very dark tunnel.

Let's whisper it, "The Saints are back."

John McGinn is a legend with his diddums at cifci. Top lad

Surely a retrospective red for Cifci if they don't overturn the Arquin red.....if the justification is what we keep hearing that absolutely by the letter of the law and his studs were showing (even though at a height of 4 inches) then the same letter of the law punishment has to be applied all the rest such as a hands to the head blow.....how many times do see a push or flick with hand and pundits say oh you just can't put your hands to the face like that........that's kind of where they have left to go if they uphold that ludicrous decision