St Mirren V Dundee Premiership 24/1/15 3Pm Kick Off

shull

1-0 up at HT, playing well and we ONLY need to keep a clean sheet for 45 mins to be home and hosed. Naismith was poor at their first goal as he was caught way out of position again but the award today goes to the interim manager who decided that replacing McLear with Osbourne and moving our best player (Mallan) out wide was a good way to go.

f**king shocking decision by Teale that handed Dundee the advantage and they took it.

It's a clear three horse race now.

Bottom line is that we are simply not good enough defensively. Quite why the problems have not been addressed is a mystery?

We have had our share of bad luck but we are poor in central defence and just not good enough.

Team tired after tough midweek but same for both teams. 3 shots on target at home belies the chances we had.Arquin is not the answer and instantly has become a liability.

Cannot see any way out of this. We have no consistency and insufficient qualities in defence to stop other teams scoring.

What a sore one.

By all accounts, their first was offside, but we need to learn to clear the ball. Just before that, there was a woeful call from the West Stand linesman who awarded a goal kick when it was a clear corner, but hey ho.

Arquin didn't seem to be claiming for a period although, and could still have advanced with the ball, so quite what that was about is a bit of a mystery. If it was a dive, it was a ridiculous thing to do and he should be fined by the club. His first yellow was soft in any event.

McLean got no protection from the referee, and took a lot of punishment but just got on with the task in hand.

Very slack from McGinn today. He should have been hooked as opposed to McLear.

I think we tired and didn't press them enough, and after they equalised, toiled to regain momentum.

Gutting result!

I second that

Edited by Thommo

I think Dundee had only 4 shots at goal all day. They score 2, one of which looked offside and the other took a wicked deflection after they were given a soft free kick.

We weren't the same team after they equalised but it's not like we were completely outplayed.

Our luck will surely turn.

Our central defenders have done fine.

Unless you want to blame them for what looked like an offside goal and a deflection?

You talk one load of pish , we were stretched to the limit every time they broke today , Cheesy makes easy things look difficult and Goodwin's as slow as a week in the jail . I'm afraid they just don't work as a partnership and we have no-one who can step in apart from a few other makeshift options. While I'm at it , Ridger's kicking is abysmal too !

Agree with most that the substitution was a mistake. McGinn should have been hooked for Ozzy. It was strange moving Mallan, our best player wide right, Teale soon realised this and put Wylde on the right and McGinn on the left.

We were decent in the first half and deserved to be in the lead.

2nd half we were awful to be honest but we missed several great chances from free headers and could have won. They moved Thomson further forward in the 2nd half and that caused us problems.

Referee was terrible, every week they are terrible. It took him almost an hour to give a free kick for a tackle from behind on McLean who was fouled constantly.

Didn't look much in the foul given against Goodwin that lead to their 2nd goal.

Disappointing result, another home defeat.

Edited by davidg

the award today goes to the interim manager who decided that replacing McLear with Osbourne and moving our best player (Mallan) out wide was a good way to go.

f**king shocking decision by Teale that handed Dundee the advantage and they took it.

Said it at the time , Mallan was a stand out in the centre and should never have been moved , he was even shaking his head himself when Osbourne told him about the positional change ! One change would have sufficed , Osbourne for Kelly with McGinn moving wide left. Wylde's a waste of a jersey !

Said it at the time , Mallan was a stand out in the centre and should never have been moved , he was even shaking his head himself when Osbourne told him about the positional change ! One change would have sufficed , Osbourne for Kelly with McGinn moving wide left. Wylde's a waste of a jersey !

I'd have kept Kelly and hooked McGinn, worst game I've seen him play for a long time.

You talk one load of pish , we were stretched to the limit every time they broke today , Cheesy makes easy things look difficult and Goodwin's as slow as a week in the jail . I'm afraid they just don't work as a partnership and we have no-one who can step in apart from a few other makeshift options. While I'm at it , Ridger's kicking is abysmal too !

Stretched to the limit?

What a load of shite they barely created a chance.

Should go on twitter and tell me you're going to 'hunt me down and shite in my mouth' again, you f**king head case :lol:

Yet another very disappointing home defeat, especially after being ahead. We're very lucky we have two very shit teams joining us at the bottom of the table.

Kenny McLean with another heroic performance in my eyes, best player on the park by a country mile. Followed closely by Mallan who also had a great game.

The Arquin sending off.... To me it looked like he went to shoot, missed the ball and fell over. I could be proved wrong as I've not seen any replays yet. Just doesn't surprise me with our luck this season... If it was for bad luck we'd have none.

Looking forward to a good piss up and a trip to the west end afterwards next Friday night. (Drinking may soften the blow)

Some sympathy for GT managing with one hand tied behind his back. Felt the real cause of our defeat today was our inability to hold onto the lead (to state the bleedin' obvious) which is obviously down to the team but it doesn't help when you've got no experienced defensive midfielder available to slow the game down. Message to SG - business as usual, my arse.

Fairly routine defeat, which seemed inevitable after they equalized, we didn't get much from the officials but really have only ourselves to blame. Need a new CH - Goodwin & McAusland have never been a successful partnership.

Onwards to Firhill on Friday night -COYS.

We really need a couple more players as we are stretched to the limit and only have 13 players (inc Thommo and and Kello) that for me are automatic first team picks. The guys looked exhausted in the second half after a long week including having to play a game with 10 men. Dundee Utd today made 7 changes to their starting 11 today and won 3-1. It would be great to have a pool that size.

Need a new CH - Goodwin & McAusland have never been a successful partnership.

That's not strictly true as they were the CH partnership for the cup winning run. However, It's not working now but it's not just the CHs to blame as it's a four man defence. It's January 23rd and we've yet to keep a clean sheet but the back four picks itself every week. It's a ridiculous situation to be in. A failing defence starting every week and no sign of that changing.

That's not strictly true as they were the CH partnership for the cup winning run. However, It's not working now but it's not just the CHs to blame as it's a four man defence. It's January 23rd and we've yet to keep a clean sheet but the back four picks itself every week. It's a ridiculous situation to be in. A failing defence starting every week and no sign of that changing.

See that's been mentioned before, during our poor start to last season, but you're referring to two 3-2 victories with no clean sheets. I'd be happy to see JG & MM remain as our CH partnership if we get Isma, a fit Thommocloud9.gif and an in-form Teale back.

Other than that I'd agree it's folly to persist with the same back four every week - surely it must be time to try something different although our options are limited.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Why Arquin felt the need to go down I will never know... but it happened in front of me and I could see no contact at all that would cause that fall. Even if it was a slip it wouldn't have been so theatrical.

My take is that he was cheating to seek an advantage when it would have been easier to try and beat the man.

Poorest game from McGinn for a long time. Did he miss Osborne? A straight swap at half time, if Ozzy was fit enough, was the obvious change. It would have left Mallan in an area where he was dominating.

Their goal was off side... but had we got even half our 4 clear headers on target then we would still have won that match.

Bad day at the office... time to move on and beat Thistle.

Naismith will have to be on his toes as they will target long diagonals on his side as our weakness... and rightly so.