St Mirren V Dundee Premiership 24/1/15 3Pm Kick Off

shull

1st goal came a minute after we should have had a corner and the officials in there wisdom gave them a goal kick, and the second when the ref was conned into giving them a free kick from a very soft decision against goody. The sending off, I thought the 2 bookings were very harsh, after there f**kup with the big strikers sending off last week and the reason why it got rescinded!!!!!! am I getting paranoid???

Our biggest fault today wasn't defending it was our inability to put the ball in the back of the net as we should have been 3 up at half time

Completely agree. That was defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Bitterly disappointing but on the whole it will come if we start scoring goals...a big if but I'd be far more despondent if hadn't played as well for long periods of the game...

Watched the goal on sky sports news there, looks like the Dundee player was behind or level with the ball when it was played across goal. Very tight call, hard to tell if he was offside, if he was it's not by much.

Offside or not, we should have been up the other end of the pitch taking a corner rather than picking the ball out of the net.

Unfathomable how the linesman got that wrong.

He looks indecisive initially then gives the goal kick. Maybe wondering if he could get away with it, and then thinking what the feck.

For the second, don't think the foul was a foul, but immediately prior to that they were also given a foul when Irvine dived to try to get Arquin sent off.

This really is getting beyond a joke.

One of the guys that sits near me is as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get, but at the end of the match he said "if they want us relegated, why don't they just do it now, watching this every week is killing me".

Not long back home and still wondering how we lost this.Firstly Mt McLean brother of Brian clearly has an agenda against.Is it because being from Lanarkshire he is a Well fan or more likely as a full time employee at SFA Hampden Park.He couldn't wait to send Arquin off and the Dundee players physically abused Kenny McLean all afternoon and totally ignored two really good penalty calls.Also there was at least in my opinion something like eight mins added time he called six and played five.

Team tired after tough midweek but same for both teams. 3 shots on target at home belies the chances we had.Arquin is not the answer and instantly has become a liability.

Cannot see any way out of this. We have no consistency and insufficient qualities in defence to stop other teams scoring.

Teale has now got a starting XI who are playing well at bottom 6 of the SPL level. No longer do we look like a Championship / League 1 team playing in the SPL. However, our starting XI still can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money. I don't see why GT cannot be given the go ahead to bring in 2 defenders in this window. Our downfall this month in which there are 7 games being played on heavy pitches is we have almost no cover for our starting XI on the bench. Most other teams who are doing OK have rotated their starting XI a bit during January to rest players, Baird has looked fine when he has played but he is our only spare defender is we have injuries and suspensions at the back (and we almost certainly will have before the end of the season). For me Wylde is poor at SPL level - OK he did score a few vital goals last season but his general play is poor, his passing and crosses are woefully inaccurate for a professional footballer whose natural position is winger. Ball doesn't look as if he is high in GT's plans as he is hardly getting any game time and is being brought on at Aaron-Mooy-time in the games where he does come on as a sub. Reilly and the other young guys are OK as young guys at SPL level but I am not sure if we can have high hopes that introducing them will turn a game in our favour.

I don't think it is the same for both teams with the amount of games this month as Dundee had several players on their bench who could walk into our starting XI. With GT more or less retired and 5 players out during this window and only 1 player in, we really do need to be looking to bring in 2 (minimum) or 3 additional players to beef up the defence or give our starting XI some competition for places and cover for injuries and suspensions.

Offside or not, we should have been up the other end of the pitch taking a corner rather than picking the ball out of the net.

Unfathomable how the linesman got that wrong.

He looks indecisive initially then gives the goal kick. Maybe wondering if he could get away with it, and then thinking what the feck.

For the second, don't think the foul was a foul, but immediately prior to that they were also given a foul when Irvine dived to try to get Arquin sent off.

I thought it was a goal kick, looked like Arquin got his body in front of the Dundee player and the ball played him last. That was my initial reaction.

I agree though, didn't think Goodwin fouled their player at the other end.

By not giving a corner "they" want us relegated. f**k me, I remember we used to sing it's a conspiracy to Celtic fans when they came. By all accounts we should've been well up at half time and missed a barrow load of chances. If we could stick some chances away and maybe keep the odd clean sheet Wed be fine, but we can't. We're shite and it's no one's fault but ours. I'm getting bored of the hard luck stories. When I saw the goals on sky sports news I thought the offside shout was for the pass before the cross, the cross was definitely onside.

Decent teams take points when they don't play well. We don't when we do play well.

post-6900-0-39755900-1422128461_thumb.jp

By not giving a corner "they" want us relegated. f**k me, I remember we used to sing it's a conspiracy to Celtic fans when they came. By all accounts we should've been well up at half time and missed a barrow load of chances. If we could stick some chances away and maybe keep the odd clean sheet Wed be fine, but we can't. We're shite and it's no one's fault but ours. I'm getting bored of the hard luck stories. When I saw the goals on sky sports news I thought the offside shout was for the pass before the cross, the cross was definitely onside.

Decent teams take points when they don't play well. We don't when we do play well.

Thanks for that, clearly onside.

We can't keep blaming if officials, we are shite.

Said it at the time , Mallan was a stand out in the centre and should never have been moved , he was even shaking his head himself when Osbourne told him about the positional change ! One change would have sufficed , Osbourne for Kelly with McGinn moving wide left. Wylde's a waste of a jersey !

This. This guy is an imposter. Apart from a couple of goals, has done absolutely nothing since coming to the club.

Personally, I'd get shot of him now but no doubt on too much money to cut our losses now rather than at the end of the season.

Has a heart of a mouse and no stomach for being part of a relegation fight.

I thought it was a goal kick, looked like Arquin got his body in front of the Dundee player and the ball played him last. That was my initial reaction.

Easy to prove the corner or goal kick incident.

If it was a goal kick Sportscene will prove it was by doing a slow mo replay with the Goodwin magnifying glass on it.

If it was a corner they won't show it.

Nah , Defo a corner David , we were sitting south stand 20 yards away & it was stick on corner. Linesman simply didnt have a clue & dithered till he saw what ref was signalling.

What i cant understand from today was that the Dimdee back four seemed to take it in turns to thump Kenny McLean , often with tackles from the back through the player yet the book stayed in the refs pocket for their defenders.

He seemed very keen to whip the card out for Arquin for what looked like a 50/50 challenge. & the 2nd ? hmmm , need to see it on telly but i was screaming for a penalty , thought big McFake had clipped him.

Cant comment on the two dee goals , too far away .

We have had some absolutely shocking decisions go against us recently. Co-Incidence ? dry.pngthumbdown.gif

Thanks for that, clearly onside.

We can't keep blaming if officials, we are shite.

It feels like it's been a hard luck story all season. Either "i don't know how we didn't win that" or blaming officials. Fair enough there's been some shocking decisions, but why can't we make our own luck? Win ugly. We're starting to show a bit of dig and some decent play now but I'd much rather be picking up honking 1 goal victories when we're not playing well.

It's time this conspiracy nonsense was put to bed by everybody on here.

Easy to prove the corner or goal kick incident.

If it was a goal kick Sportscene will prove it was by doing a slow mo replay with the Goodwin magnifying glass on it.

If it was a corner they won't show it.

Don't see the point in moaning about this.

Play restarted with a goal kick, it's not like we were caught out. We were in position and back in shape. Play goes on and we fail to defend and conceded a goal which according to some was miles offside...

It feels like it's been a hard luck story all season. Either "i don't know how we didn't win that" or blaming officials. Fair enough there's been some shocking decisions, but why can't we make our own luck? Win ugly. We're starting to show a bit of dig and some decent play now but I'd much rather be picking up honking 1 goal victories when we're not playing well.

It's time this conspiracy nonsense was put to bed by everybody on here.

I dont know about conspiracy or not but its difficult to argue with the fact we seem to have been having an awful lot of dodgy decisions go against us or for our opponents.

Killie game .... two penalties for killie ? Aye right , penalties my arse ! ( Ours was even worse but by then the game was lost)

Killie game . Mclean off.. WRONG.

Well Game . Thommo off ? Debatable !

County Game . Arquin off... WRONG

Today. well see.

Mcleans sending off while proven not a sending off, I can see why it was given at the time. The rest I'll give you Apart from today's offside that was onside and arquins red that was hard to tell and I'll need to see from a different angle.

So it's an sfa conspiracy or is it just our officials being shown up for being absolutely shite and overpaid? Anyway, that's not the point I'm making, the point I'm making is that we are now creating good chances yet we can't take them or keep a clean sheet. That's why we are where we are. We can't blame anyone but ourselves.

a point to ponder... the role of the Captain.

As Arquin was shown the red card, it was obvious that McLean was about to explode and say something.

In my opinion, a Captain playing a leaders role would have anticipated that and been straight in there to pull McLean away.

At one point it almost looked as if Goodwin was about to before remembering his place... McAusland just stayed out of it...result... McLean picking up an avoidable booking!

NOT having a go at Cheesey for the sake of it... not having a go at his defending persay... but he is NOT a leader of men and is not an inspirational Captain. In this case, he shat it!

I dont know about conspiracy or not but its difficult to argue with the fact we seem to have been having an awful lot of dodgy decisions go against us or for our opponents.

Killie game .... two penalties for killie ? Aye right , penalties my arse ! ( Ours was even worse but by then the game was lost)

Killie game . Mclean off.. WRONG.

Well Game . Thommo off ? Debatable !

County Game . Arquin off... WRONG

Today. well see.

Don't forget about the goal that never was v Motherwell too!