St Mirren V Dundee Premiership 24/1/15 3Pm Kick Off

shull

Shiver.....wish I hadn't watched that again. It was bad enough being there.

Bottom line is, we are sh*te and do not deserve to stay up.

Shiver.....wish I hadn't watched that again. It was bad enough being there.

Bottom line is, we are sh*te and do not deserve to stay up.

But we will because Motherwell & Ross County are shitier.

Edited by shull

Didn't think so at the time but after watching the highlights I can see why Arquin was booked for simulation. Fair dos. We were unlucky not to get a penalty earlier in the half though.

Good performance today just rubbish at headers.

Mallans deliveries particularly from right hand side were brilliant. That's possibly why GT moved him to that side during 2nd half.

One of the guys that sits near me is as far from a conspiracy theorist as you can get, but at the end of the match he said "if they want us relegated, why don't they just do it now, watching this every week is killing me".

Who are "they" and why do they want us relegated? The SFA? Did they convene a meeting and decree they should try to relegate us for no apparent reason?

Derek Adams twin brother, no thanks!! He's out of work for a reason..

Wylde - Modern day David Elliot.

Wylde ? Why restrict it to him ? Insert [ too many transient journeymen arsehole alleged athletes ] Prima Donna r soles, not even a decent dance from them.

More honesty in the Junior ranks tbh

The overriding feeling tonight is disappointment. We didn't play too badly and let's be honest Dundee were average yet we concede two cheap goals and miss a few decent chances.

I think Arquin was a bit unlucky to pick up 2 bookings for those incidents. Both looked harsh calls. Harkins committed umpteen fouls and wasn't booked. Referees are having a mare in our games this season and we are suffering because of it. :-(

It's just the kind of season we are having that they score with a wicked deflection. The alleged foul given against Goodwin seconds before was never a free kick. We really aren't getting a rub of the green at the moment.

Worryingly, the above post applies to the majority of our Spl tenure. I'm beginning to think if you are good enough you get over the obvious and inevitable crap decision. Other teams , good bad or indifferent seem to get over their bad luck, we're starting to revel in it. Sign of a bollox team imo

Edit to add. Yet again we are having our noses rubbed in the SPFL grubber by promoted teams. Are we ever gonna get our shit together or are we serious over achievers by even being in the SPFL ?

Edited by Seaside Nipper

The standside linesman gave Dundee a throwin.

Teale told him he was wrong and the linesman's response was,

"I couldn't see it because you (Teale) were blocking my view. Stay in your area."

I thought they were only supposed to make decisions on things they definitely saw.

Is this linesman saying "I'm giving a decision against you because you were blocking my view" ?

Edited by E=Mc2

Offside?

When the ball is played through from the centre he looks to be about 4 or 5 yards offside, it is pretty obvious.

Whether Arquin stumbles and falls or dives for the penalty I don't know, he does turn round and look at the ref though and McGinn is appealing the penalty. I certainly don't see any contact. I can see why he has been sent off.

first booking .... seriously ? your havin a f**kin laugh

dee goal ? offside

3.05 in penalty !!!

2nd booking ? still not sure .

Well the first incident with Arquin looked like a penalty , if the ref' thinks it is not then , surely that is far more blatant simulation than the tough call later on . .

FFs we are playing by rules here , maybe no conspiracy but dam shoddy refereeing from well paid "professionals". .

The overriding feeling tonight is disappointment. We didn't play too badly and let's be honest Dundee were average yet we concede two cheap goals and miss a few decent chances.

I think Arquin was a bit unlucky to pick up 2 bookings for those incidents. Both looked harsh calls. Harkins committed umpteen fouls and wasn't booked. Referees are having a mare in our games this season and we are suffering because of it. :-(

It's just the kind of season we are having that they score with a wicked deflection. The alleged foul given against Goodwin seconds before was never a free kick. We really aren't getting a rub of the green at the moment.

To give a fair balance on the referee,s performance , the highlights should show the tackle that Harkins put in , in the first minute that resulted in the freekick that led to Arquins header that was well saved . A far more bookable offence than both Arquins . Also McPake was signalling that his foul was an accident and not a dive . And was trying to not get himself sent off , for being a last man defender.

I think you are forgetting McLean's goal against Motherwell not being given and also Tesselaar wrongly being flagged offside as he scored.

Basically we would be 4 points better off from those two games and would be 1 month on from our first home win of the season instead of still looking for it, and we'd have kept a clean sheet against Killie. We would be another point better off from today's game and would be in 10th on 20 points and within 6 points of Killie in 8th (as they would only have got 1 point in a 0-0 draw with us).

Not forgetting that the only clear penalty in the Killie game was for US when it should have been 0-0.

The firstr yellow for Arquin is a joke, not sure about the 2nd 1. I still think he is offside at the goal. How we don't get a penalty for the first challenge on Arquin is beyond me. What the highlights don't show(conveniently) is the Harkins tackle in the first 5 minutes that was Studs first and over the ball looked a decent claim for a red but not even yellow. The amount of Dundee defenders that came through the back and swiped McLean down before we finally got a free kick in the 2nd half was horrendous.

However as ahs been pointed out the defending was absolutely shocking at the 2nd goal in particular and I'm also not convinced by Ridgers part in that goal either. The Arquin volley, Arquin header(not the one on the highlights}, McLean header and McGinn header should all have been on target at the very least. This is the reason for us being in the shit. We missed Osbourne I think and moving Mallan out was a shocking decision, especially with McGinn playing so poorly just now.

Don't see the point in moaning about this.

Play restarted with a goal kick, it's not like we were caught out. We were in position and back in shape. Play goes on and we fail to defend and conceded a goal which according to some was miles offside...

Really?

So instead of the officials giving the correct decision, Saints having a chance to keep the attacking momentum going and another dangerous Mallan corner; possession is given to our opponents.

Sure, we should have defended better, but I think it's valid to point out that our opponents shouldn't have had the ball anyway.

No?

I don't pay any attention to any Ross co or well forums and I've never seen any of our issues highlighted anywhere other than here. I do however remember the same week as the Killie game, which was arguably the worst of the f**k ups, the very same ref made an arse of the well game and awarded a penalty and sent a man off. Is it selective memory because we feel hard done by?

Selective higlighting on your part if you're trying to equate what happened to Well that day with what happened to us against Killie.

Well were 1-0 down with 4 minutes to go when Collum incorrectly awarded their opponents a penalty and sent a man off.

He incorrectly awarded two penalties against us and sent a man of while the game was in the balance.

AND missed the only clear penalty that should have been awadred in that game - which would have been to us.

Really?

So instead of the officials giving the correct decision, Saints having a chance to keep the attacking momentum going and another dangerous Mallan corner; possession is given to our opponents.

Sure, we should have defended better, but I think it's valid to point out that our opponents shouldn't have had the ball anyway.

No?

Exactly!

Also for Arquins second booking , how many Dundee players actually shout at Arquin and accuse him of being a diver ?

Blattantly cheated again.

We should have our own TV crew filming every incident , so we can highlight the blatant cheating.

Why wasn,t harkins booked for his foul in the first minute ?

Who are "they" and why do they want us relegated? The SFA? Did they convene a meeting and decree they should try to relegate us for no apparent reason?

He didn't say who he thought "they" were, but I assumed the SFA/SPL.

Seems totally preposterous that there would be any kind of official conspiracy against us - so I'm sure there isn't.

I think he was perhaps feeling frustration at the fact the team really seems to have upped its game since Teale took charge - yet the breaks and decisions over that period all seem to be going against us.

There must come a time when you look at the facts and have to entertain that this can't all be bad luck or poor officiating.

Maybe the SPFL still resent the two chairmen who knocked back the 8-8-8 shit and want to punish them for stopping Sevco getting back to the top league earlier? Both of their teams are favourites to go down.

Who knows, but it is getting increasingly hard to watch what's happening to us and not get paranoid.

Simple thing from today... I've not seen the replays, but some people saying Arquin's second yellow was justified. However his first (which of course meant the second led to a red) was nowhere near as bad a foul as Harkins in the opening minute, or as blatant as him being pulled back by Dyer as he tried to make a supporting run.

Neither Harkins nor Dyer were booked. Arquin was - and then was sent off - and as it's two yellows I believe we can't appeal it, even if (hypothetically) both yellows are shown to have been wrong.

These are not difficult decisions, but they're not getting them right, and the major ones seem to be going against us.

When the ball is played through from the centre he looks to be about 4 or 5 yards offside, it is pretty obvious.

I disagree that he was as much as 4 or 5 yards beyond the last defender but it wouldn't matter if he was 20 yards beyond them as the ball wasn't played to him.

He's onside in the second phase and according to the rules the linesman was right to keep his flag down.

It's a rule that I've never agreed with as it gives him an unfair advantage but the linesman made the right call.

What the highlights don't show(conveniently) is the Harkins tackle in the first 5 minutes that was Studs first and over the ball looked a decent claim for a red but not even yellow. The amount of Dundee defenders that came through the back and swiped McLean down before we finally got a free kick in the 2nd half was horrendous.

Where do you sit?

I ask because the Harkins incident was right in front of us at the corner flag and every single person in the same section as me said it was a great tackle. We were all laughing because we could hear all the shouts from around the ground but it was honestly a great tackle, not dangerous or over the ball and he won the ball cleanly. Didn't stop us giving him a load of abuse though.

Totally agree with your points on McLean though, he was fouled from behind on numerous occasions in the first half and I think it took the ref about 55 minutes to give a foul for one of these and when he did he failed to book the player.

Also for Arquins second booking , how many Dundee players actually shout at Arquin and accuse him of being a diver ?

Blattantly cheated again.

We should have our own TV crew filming every incident , so we can highlight the blatant cheating.

Why wasn,t harkins booked for his foul in the first minute ?

Just saw Arquin's 'dive' on Sky Sports.

Watched it 2-3 times.

Looks incredibly harsh. Think he slipped rather than intentionally dived.

For the ref to effectively send a player off for a dive surely he needs to be 100% certain that it was a dive.

I genuinely can't see how he can make that call - but he seemed pretty keen to get that second yellow out.

I disagree that he was as much as 4 or 5 yards beyond the last defender but it wouldn't matter if he was 20 yards beyond them as the ball wasn't played to him.

He's onside in the second phase and according to the rules the linesman was right to keep his flag down.

It's a rule that I've never agreed with as it gives him an unfair advantage but the linesman made the right call.

Correct. Doesn't look like it was offside - but it was incredibly tight.

Kinda thing where officials could easily get it wrong, and maybe if things are going for us, they give that as offside and Dundee are moaning about a decision going against them.

That IS what they mean by things evening themselves out isn't it?

Correct. Doesn't look like it was offside - but it was incredibly tight.

Kinda thing where officials could easily get it wrong, and maybe if things are going for us, they give that as offside and Dundee are moaning about a decision going against them.

That IS what they mean by things evening themselves out isn't it?

I really don't know if they do even out, we've had more than our fair share of dodgy decisions but I just put it down to the standard of officials instead of them deliberately being against us.

The red was incorrect IMO and we could have been given a pen when the same player was brought down earlier in the 2nd half.

Stretched to the limit?

What a load of shite they barely created a chance.

Should go on twitter and tell me you're going to 'hunt me down and shite in my mouth' again, you f**king head case lol.gif:

Should go on twitter and tell me you're going to 'hunt me down and shite in my mouth' again, you f**king head case lol.gif:

I've changed my mind , you're so full of shite there's no room for any more! lol.gif

Where do you sit?

I ask because the Harkins incident was right in front of us at the corner flag and every single person in the same section as me said it was a great tackle. We were all laughing because we could hear all the shouts from around the ground but it was honestly a great tackle, not dangerous or over the ball and he won the ball cleanly. Didn't stop us giving him a load of abuse though.

Totally agree with your points on McLean though, he was fouled from behind on numerous occasions in the first half and I think it took the ref about 55 minutes to give a foul for one of these and when he did he failed to book the player.

Saw it quite close from the side Dave , it was over the ball and dangerous !