Thistle Game

When did this get changed to a Friday night?

2 of us from Jersey got flights booked but will miss it as we don't arrive till late Friday night.

Second time this season it's happened to me, I had flights/hotels booked for Sheep away before Saints agreed to their request to postpone, (£270 gone)

Is it my fault and this was always a Friday night but I never noticed?, if it's been changed recently, then I wont be back again, no consideration for far travelling fans.

Poor show from both teams showing no consideration for fans as per usual, however for once it fits in with amphibious plans and I will be able to watch from under a rock in the Iberian Peninsula.Tomorrows game will likewise be viewed from underwater, probably from behind some weeds as we will likely lose again.

Poor show from both teams showing no consideration for fans as per usual, however for once it fits in with amphibious plans and I will be able to watch from under a rock in the Iberian Peninsula.Tomorrows game will likewise be viewed from underwater, probably from behind some weeds as we will likely lose again.

I don't think the teams could do anything about it. I believe the switch was made to accomodate the TV coverage.

2 of us from Jersey got flights booked but will miss it as we don't arrive till late Friday night.

Second time this season it's happened to me, I had flights/hotels booked for Sheep away before Saints agreed to their request to postpone, (£270 gone)

Is it my fault and this was always a Friday night but I never noticed?, if it's been changed recently, then I wont be back again, no consideration for far travelling fans.

Worse than that Jimmy, it means oor favourite Friday night West End haunts might be riddled wi Paisley ne'er do wells bringin' the tone doon!! fish.gifwhistling.gifbangin.giflol.gif

Can you not change your flights?

The simple answer tae that HSS is naw. Not without it costing us an arm and a leg anyway.

Just come anyway and enjoy the party spirit in Paisley on the Saturday, as the Buddies enjoy their new found position in the league on 23 points ! holiday.gif

It's called a "Make Believe" short city town break.

Can you not change your flights?

Not possible mate, as Mark pointed out it would cost a fortune, and we're both working the Friday morning anyway coming straight from work so a no goer. 2 flights to get back as we have to go via Gatwick.

Really feckin pissed off about this, as said earlier booked flights and hotels for sheep away game and lost £270 there as I never bothered travelling, at least this time we will still have a weekend on the lash, but the whole point of the trip was the match.

Edited by Jimmy H

Well I am sorry to hear about the OP's predicament, sorry indeed.

Personally I have resolved to attend this game, travelling by way of a supporters bus I shall attend the match then make my way to a nearby hostelry where I intend on consuming some ale and porter by the pint measure.

After a half pint my bladder will undoubtedly evacuate itself on on all too regular basis but hopefully my beloved team will be sitting safely out of the relegation zone by then and I will have something to drink too.

I like drinking, I like it indeed.

In rugby what they do is the fixture list has games on weekend of 23/24/25 January. Once the TV companies have decided they firm up the fixtures to the exact date and time. I think they have just done the fixtures up to end of April.

It makes planning away trips a bit more difficult as you have to take a punt and book or wait and risk price rises, especially as most away trips involve a flight. However it avoids the football scenario of a Sat 3pm fixture being switched a month and a bit before.