James Marwood Away - Official

div

Another of the summer signings gone, by mutual consent.

That's five players that have left the club in January (if you include Declan Hughes) with only one coming in the way.

Maybe we are making room for a plane load of Argentinian superstars !

Didn't really make an impact. I never felt the need to give him any stick though, wasn't his fault he was out of his depth. It was a gamble that didn't pay off for him or us. Good luck to him anyway.

Yes, seemed like a nice enough lad. Always worked hard.

When he missed a couple of chances away to Motherwell on the opening day of the season I feared for him. Felt like he really had to get a few early goals under his belt to get some belief.

Reminded me a bit of McQuade when we signed him from Cowdenbeath, same sort of thing.

Good. He was terrible, one of the worst forwards we've had in recent years, and that's saying something.

He was the senior signing upfront this season. He's 24 years old and had scored goals at a decent enough level last season. We really needed him to step up and perform and he didn't. Plenty of game time; zero goals, zero assists.

Good. He was terrible, one of the worst forwards we've had in recent years, and that's saying something.

He was the senior signing upfront this season. He's 24 years old and had scored goals at a decent enough level last season. We really needed him to step up and perform and he didn't. Plenty of game time; zero goals, zero assists.

Erm......

He played for English non league outfirt Gateshead. I do not regard that as a "decent enough level" by any stretch of my auld imagination.

Was he terrible? No, not by any stretch of my auld imagination. He was just short of the required quailty to cut it at our level but not terrible, not terrible at all. I do not know how long you have been engaged in regular watching of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad but may I refer you to a chap called Gary McVie.

Other than that your post was bang on my forum friend, bang on indeed.

Erm......

He played for English non league outfirt Gateshead. I do not regard that as a "decent enough level" by any stretch of my auld imagination.

Was he terrible? No, not by any stretch of my auld imagination. He was just short of the required quailty to cut it at our level but not terrible, not terrible at all. I do not know how long you have been engaged in regular watching of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad but may I refer you to a chap called Gary McVie.

Well, The Conference Premier is a decent enough level to me, especially at the top end of it. I would certainly say it's a higher standard than our Championship. They're all full time and they get crowds of a similar or larger amount than us.

He just did absolutely nothing at all in any game. He tried hard and he seems a nice fella, he just did nothing. Never heard of McVie, but I bow to your knowledge!

Erm......

Gary McVie was a very good player for Glenafton and i saw him score twice in a 4-0 over Arthurlie in a Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Love Street

He looked like he found his level much like Marwood

Saying that James Grady was playing for Arthurlie that night

I genuinely thought that in Marwood there was a player there but for one reason or another things have not worked out.Quite simply you are not taken on at Newcastle if you do not have potential.Agree with TopCat that The Conference is a decent level and is Gary not due to give s trial to a striker currently with Aldershot where the twin brother of the Arsenal left back currently plays.I wish Marwwod all the best for the future but we really need around four new players in rather quickly.

Unfortunately for Marwood I don't even think the Conference is the level of our championship.

Look at the amount of players who come up here from league 2 and even League 1 in England and can't cut it at Premiership level. Similarly a lot of guys who don't look cut out in this league find their way to third and fourth tier in England and stroll it.

Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk, Sevco would stroll the conference and even the likes of QotS and Raith would easily be promoted.

Edited by djchapsticks

Yes, seemed like a nice enough lad. Always worked hard.

When he missed a couple of chances away to Motherwell on the opening day of the season I feared for him. Felt like he really had to get a few early goals under his belt to get some belief.

Reminded me a bit of McQuade when we signed him from Cowdenbeath, same sort of thing.

Certainly was a bit McQuade, treated warm ups like they were forced upon him. Lazy, couldn't trap a ball, ran about a bit...left.

I genuinely thought that in Marwood there was a player there but for one reason or another things have not worked out.Quite simply you are not taken on at Newcastle if you do not have potential.Agree with TopCat that The Conference is a decent level and is Gary not due to give s trial to a striker currently with Aldershot where the twin brother of the Arsenal left back currently plays.I wish Marwwod all the best for the future but we really need around four new players in rather quickly.

Good point about Newcastle and on that theme how has Drury got a contract at Man City?

Unfortunately for Marwood I don't even think the Conference is the level of our championship.

Look at the amount of players who come up here from league 2 and even League 1 in England and can't cut it at Premiership level. Similarly a lot of guys who don't look cut out in this league find their way to third and fourth tier in England and stroll it.

Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk, Sevco would stroll the conference and even the likes of QotS and Raith would easily be promoted.

You could certainly take examples to work both ways.

John Sutton couldn't cut it at League 2 Wycombe, yet he's been one of the best strikers in our top flight for years.

Similar for Billy Mackay at Northampton... Indeed half of the ICT team which have established themselves as one of the top clubs in Scotland are cast offs from the English lower leagues and non leagues.

I'd be pretty confident Gateshead and Bristol Rovers (who released David Clarkson who is one of the top scorers in our top flight) and the like would be more than good enough for our Championship in normal times.