Biased Beeb

There is a couple of things that have been brought to my attention that shows the BBC are biased against st mirren.

1. Jim Goodwin

Whenever Jim does something off the ball wether it's right or wrong BBC have a need to always highlight it and make it look and sound a whole lot worse than what it is. Where last night Nadir Ciftci had a swing at John Mcginn last night yet no show of this in the highlights

2. Yoann Arquin

Similar to Jim the red card he received at the weekend was wrong decision by the ref yet made a total farce of the situation. Kenny McLean and Stevie Thompsons red recieved the same reaction.

3. Michael Stewart and Paddy Bonnar

Well you know where Im going with this.

When is the board going to act on this. Gary Teale put a thing in the paper about this but it's only ever a hard luck story we get back.

There is a couple of things that have been brought to my attention that shows the BBC are biased against st mirren.

1. Jim Goodwin

Whenever Jim does something off the ball wether it's right or wrong BBC have a need to always highlight it and make it look and sound a whole lot worse than what it is. Where last night Nadir Ciftci had a swing at John Mcginn last night yet no show of this in the highlights

2. Yoann Arquin

Similar to Jim the red card he received at the weekend was wrong decision by the ref yet made a total farce of the situation. Kenny McLean and Stevie Thompsons red recieved the same reaction.

When is the board going to act on this. Gary Teale put a thing in the paper about this but it's only ever a hard luck story we get back.

To an extent I can see where you are going with the above, but equally does it matter?

On the first point, Jim deserved what he got to a certain extent. I rate him and feel we are a far better team with him in it both in terms of his leadership qualities and as a player in general. He has needed to calm down though and switch off all the petulant things as we need him on the park and not in the stands.

Second point was that not the referees rather than the BBC?

Third point - McGinn's reaction was far better than Dundee Utd's re: video evidence. Get up and on with the game and let the opposition know exactly how you feel at the time.

I agree in particular this season we have potentially been cast in a poor light by the media, but hard luck stories and feeling sorry for ourselves won't help. The grit and determination of last night and Saturday are the only things that will drag us out of this situation.

I agree also that others seem to get away with a lot unlike Jim, but again you can only sort out your own and we should stop worrying about others.

The form of the last two games will have the media raving about us if it continues.

Edited by Bart Simpson

I canny stand Bonner as a pundit, he always talks in general terms as he has very little knowledge of 'the diddy teams/players' A poor pundit in my opinion.

As much as he comes across as a bit arrogant Stewart at least knows a fair bit about all the teams he's asked to comment about, whether or not we agree with what he says, well that's what opinions are all about.

Oh FFS get a grip. This is a fist gnawling embarassing claim to make. lol.gif

3 out of 3 BBC panelists watched the footage and said it was a deserved straight red card (while silent on Charlie Telfer's studs up knee high foul on Imrie and Brown's off the ball kick at Andreu in the same week as Arquin's red card). Appeals panel watch the same footage as 3 BBC panelists and overturn the original decision.

3 out of 3 BBC panelists watched the footage and said it was a deserved straight red card (while silent on Charlie Telfer's studs up knee high foul on Imrie and Brown's off the ball kick at Andreu in the same week as Arquin's red card). Appeals panel watch the same footage as 3 BBC panelists and overturn the original decision.

And that proves BBC anti Saints bias because............????

1. Jim Goodwin

2. Yoann Arquin

If you feel so strongly about it drop the SFA compliance officer an e-mail about Cifci's elbow, the SFA insist it's not trial by sportscene and they'll review footage when highlighted by anyone

Not really a subject to get your knickers in a twist over.

When you mess with the media, they have the wonderful gift of having the last word............ even if they are obviously wrong!

If the TV companies want to stir it up, they will, it creates controversy. If they want to bring in ill-informed ex-players (who often use verbs in the wrong tense!....... pet hate), they will, inevitably some are biased and some are downright awful.

Just be thankful that occasionally ST gets some airtime.

Edited by The Original 59er

And if you watched the Saturday tea time version of Sportscene, presented by Paisley dwelling St Mirren supporting David Currie, you'll have heard an actual BBC employed pundit, Tom English, who despite the name hails from the same country as Paddy Bonnar, describe the red card incident as harsh and extremely borderline "going by the tweets I'm receiving from fans" and from the comments from the match reporter.

And if you watched the Saturday tea time version of Sportscene, presented by Paisley dwelling St Mirren supporting David Currie, you'll have heard an actual BBC employed pundit, Tom English, who despite the name hails from the same country as Paddy Bonnar, describe the red card incident as harsh and extremely borderline "going by the tweets I'm receiving from fans" and from the comments from the match reporter.

That would be admitting there is no BBC bias and wouldn't support the conspiracy theory.

I don't think there's a huge conspiracy, I reckon there's just a disregard for any club they deem a diddy team. One of the guys on open al mics was saying he had to write down the colour of the players boots on Saturday because he couldn't see the names on the back. I don't make a living from being a Scottish football journalist an I reckon I could just about pick out any player in the spl without a name or number.