Biased Beeb

What a waalloper, you actual believe there's an anti St Mirren agenda don't you ? I guarantee you every fan of every other club has been saying the same thing about the programme since the year dot. Easy to feel paranoid when it's 'your' club though innit ? Why don't you just stop watching then, why do you think it's important what a piddly, pish wee highlights programme says. Why don't you just switch off your tv set and go out and do something else instead ? ;-)

It was a f**king joke you waalloper.

The state propoganda machine has much bigger problems than its pishy wee Scottish football show.

I quite enjoyed Derek Ferguson's updates from the Hearts v Falkirk game this weekend, good to hear some enthusiasm about the game. Much better than listening to Pat Bonner mumbling that there has been a goal for Inverness but he couldnae see who scored it.

Presuambly because Arquin has been "sent off" twice in 7 days, therefore there's a air of contentiousness about it ? At the end of the day this is a fairly tabloid television programme we're watching, hosted by presenters who are only there because of their salary levels in comparison to those more experienced past hosts who may have known a bit more about the subject. To sum up, it's a cheap, nasty, under resourced and badly prepared programme, compared to what it has been in the past. I still don't know why some folk get there feathers so ruffled by it.

Fair enough, but they had sufficient coverage to show the Harkins tackle and Arquin penalty shout in their Web highlights posted at 6pm, yet apparently edited them out for Sportscene. Surely the penalty claim at least was worthy of some consideration?

They are out to get us, ah tells ye!

Fair enough, but they had sufficient coverage to show the Harkins tackle and Arquin penalty shout in their Web highlights posted at 6pm, yet apparently edited them out for Sportscene. Surely the penalty claim at least was worthy of some consideration?

I've no doubt yer right, but as alluded to earlier, some editir with no interest in the subject will have arbitrarily lopped a bit off the VT for the actual tv show's running time, whilst munching a cheese sandwich, getting the news done and next week's episode of River City. It happens all the time, it's called not really giving a f*ck and happens in shops, offices, factories etc etc too apparently.

I've no doubt yer right, but as alluded to earlier, some editir with no interest in the subject will have arbitrarily lopped a bit off the VT for the actual tv show's running time, whilst munching a cheese sandwich, getting the news done and next week's episode of River City. It happens all the time, it's called not really giving a f*ck and happens in shops, offices, factories etc etc too apparently.

In offices!

How very dare you!

What a waalloper, you actual believe there's an anti St Mirren agenda don't you ? I guarantee you every fan of every other club has been saying the same thing about the programme since the year dot. Easy to feel paranoid when it's 'your' club though innit ? Why don't you just stop watching then, why do you think it's important what a piddly, pish wee highlights programme says. Why don't you just switch off your tv set and go out and do something else instead ? ;-)

It shouldn't be FS, but it is.

What they decide to show or not show, and the spin they put on it, has a direct effect on what the compliance officer picks up.

Last weekend, when Aqruin was red carded (thankfully their pronouncement that it was a stick on red didn't work this time), Scott Brown kicked an Accies player earlier in the day. Not shown.

Show it and have one of the stooges say "Ah, he was a bit naughty there, he'll be getting a call on Monday morning" - and Brown is out for 3 games.

Accies player's dive on last night's show WAS shown, but nobody said a single thing about it - despite 10 minutes earlier seeing someone sent off for something a lot less clear cut.

Harkins shocker of a tackle in the first minute - not shown; but you can bet if it had been Goodwin they'd have been all over it.

So while it may be piddly and pish, it DOES have an impact on the Scottish game.

Bobby, the SPFL are in full control of match footage for 'compliance' purposes. They hand out the coverage contracts, they handle the footage and it's distribution amongst the broadcasters. I can assure you they do not watch Sportscene or invite it's presenters or production team to any discussions regarding refereeing decisions. The problem with using so called tv evidence in this set up, is that there are invariably not enough cameras at non live broadcasts, normally a maximum of two. And as I keep saying, normally operated by news shooters who wouldnae know a fitba if it hit them square on the jaw whilst perched in the six yard box. Normally they're fighting amongst themselves to be in the position nearest the pie stand, lavvy or exit...

I'm entirely sure both FS and Bobby are correct here, from their own perspectives.

As you get on life it becomes clearer that everybody is winging it, from the ref to the BBC editor to the compliance officer, to your boss who you think is a muppet, to every politician in the country!

Thats why making a racket about it is worthwhile. There may not be a conspiracy against St Mirren, but if we say it enough then a couple of refs will end up worried about giving another shite decision against us! Its worked for Celtic for two f**king decades now!

Bobby, the SPFL are in full control of match footage for 'compliance' purposes. They hand out the coverage contracts, they handle the footage and it's distribution amongst the broadcasters. I can assure you they do not watch Sportscene or invite it's presenters or production team to any discussions regarding refereeing decisions. The problem with using so called tv evidence in this set up, is that there are invariably not enough cameras at non live broadcasts, normally a maximum of two. And as I keep saying, normally operated by news shooters who wouldnae know a fitba if it hit them square on the jaw whilst perched in the six yard box. Normally they're fighting amongst themselves to be in the position nearest the pie stand, lavvy or exit...

I agree with you 100%.

However I can't help thinking that on top of whatever he's handed officially, he'll have a sneaky wee watch of Sportscene.

After all, if he doesn't do that then he'd need to watch 95 minutes of 6 normally mainly dull SPFL games instead of trying to get to the next level on Candy Crush.

So, 45 minutes of Sportscene and a quick swatch at the papers to see what's happened that weekend, and jobs a good 'un.

Scott Brown wasn't cited for kicking an Accie.

Even although he's a Celtic player, I'm sure if they'd highlighted that kick on Sportscene, and the 3 Diddies had agreed it should have been a red - he'd have been offered a ban.

Edited by Bobby_F

I began tweeting Michael Stewart about last week's comments on the Ross County game from the Sportscene panel and the editing of highlights. He basically said the panel have no input into what highlights they are given to talk about and he hadn't seen Scott Brown's off the ball deliberate kick at Tony Andreu or Telfer's knee high tackle on Dougie Imrie. He also said everyone on the panel should just give their opinion of how they see an incident and that it would look contrived if a panelist felt he had to balance up a view of 1 incident by giving the flip side of what the previous panelist said. To give him his due he did reply a few times.

Did anyone listen to the nauseating BBC programme tonight. Back to their pre Rangers deceased days. Fawning over the return of the old firm etc etc. absolutely vomit inducing. There is no bias against St Mirren, any more than there is bias against any team out with the ugly sisters. Some of our fans are giving a damn good impression of Celtic fans!

Over here too! On the trailer for the Scottish football coverage the only clip of the Saints is Jim Goodwin being given a red card at Tannadice.

1. View summary0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  2. Hearing Gary Teale is looking to bring in a referee in the transfer window to help the club move up the table.. #notreally

0 replies7 retweets8 favorites
    Retweet7
    Favorite8
    More

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

sportingintelligence@sportingintel1 min1 minute ago

BBC will pay £204m for MOTD for three years from 2016-17 onwards (£68m per yr), up from £179.7m now (£59.9m per yr). Thank goodness.

£59.9m per year up to £68m. Plus the money the BBC pay for the FA Cup and the FL72 highlights. A genuine question - how much do the BBC pay to Scottish football for SPFL games, League Cup & Scottish Cup?

BBC will pay £204m for MOTD for three years from 2016-17 onwards (£68m per yr), up from £179.7m now (£59.9m per yr). Thank goodness.

£59.9m per year up to £68m. Plus the money the BBC pay for the FA Cup and the FL72 highlights. A genuine question - how much do the BBC pay to Scottish football for SPFL games, League Cup & Scottish Cup?

Answer in pounds and pence? I don't know exactly how many pence but £0 won't be far wrong. Oh,.... and peanuts.

I think I'm correct in saying that the entire annual budget for BBC Scotland (TV, Radio, the whole kit and kaboodle) is approx £80m and it's to be reduced soon.

Edited by stormtrooper

I think I'm correct in saying that the entire annual budget for BBC Scotland (TV, Radio, the whole kit and kaboodle) is approx £80m and it's to be reduced soon.

I think the bar bill for Sports Personality of the Year was bigger than the entire BBC Scotland budget !

• 4 weeks later...

Goody in today's Sun

In recent weeks, people have been talking about me in a positive manner which is nice to read on a Sunday or a Monday rather than worrying what the compliance officers on Sportscene will spot!!!!

Brilliant, although bragging aboot no picking up a booking in 10 weeks is giving me a bad feeling for him today, hope I'm wrong and he continues to play the way he has been in those ten weeks.

COYS