The St Mirren Legend Tony Fitzpatrick

shull

Does anyone else remember ( or did my decrepit old mind imagine it ) a TV prog in the 70s which featured footy teams competing against each other in an " Its a knockout " type prog on tv ?

Several tasks where teams chipped balls to teammates standing in a Hula hoop & trapping the ball , target soccer golf etc ? I remember the commentators amazed at the talents of the young saints team captained by Fitzy .

Please tell me i`m not mad , delusional , dementia afflicted .

It did happen ..... Right ?

Does anyone else remember ( or did my decrepit old mind imagine it ) a TV prog in the 70s which featured footy teams competing against each other in an " Its a knockout " type prog on tv ?

Several tasks where teams chipped balls to teammates standing in a Hula hoop & trapping the ball , target soccer golf etc ? I remember the commentators amazed at the talents of the young saints team captained by Fitzy .

It did happen.

I remember it a wee bit , think Saints got beat in the first round , I,m sure there was a book with the tv programme , prob abot 1978

Remember it well.

I remember it a wee bit , think Saints got beat in the first round , I,m sure there was a book with the tv programme , prob abot 1978

My memory was of a skills challenge where Tony chipped passes to a player in a one yard diameter circle 25, 50 and 75 yards away (think it was Frank McGarvey?) and he got every one bang on! Brian Moore was creaming himself!!

Got the book for my grandaughter Lois born on St. Mirren's day 2014 - exactly one year to the great day (and her Dad is a season ticket holder at Castle Greyskull! He was demented at the date)

I have absolutely no memory of All In The Game but I do remember.........Quiz Ball.

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2895

Big John Cushley and Jim Craig were masters at that Quiz. Who can remember when you needed points you would go for "Route One" ...and the lights would go right

across the board from one goal to the other ??

A goal in one question rather than the normal three.....I think.