St Mirren V Ict Premiership 14/2/15

shull

Full time 1-2

Correct result based on the game, we certainly deserved to lose based on the balance of the match.

Teale got his selection wrong first half, and I'm sure he'd admit that himself now. To go 4-4-2 against a team as good as ICT with two big strikers like Arquin and Thompson up top? Absolute suicide. Unsurprisingly, we got ripped apart for 45 minutes and were lucky to go in 1 down.

Thankfully at HT he hooked Arquin and brought on a midfielder in McLear and it was - unsurprisingly - a vast improvement. It was pretty even stuff second half. They scored, we scored and there were chances either way. We had a great chance at the end to equalise... McAusland header from 5 yards... Over the bar...

The damage was done though and we deserved to lose. ICT are a good bet for 2nd and/or the Scottish cup, they're a superb side.

Us... Still 10th as it stands. Would take that at the end of the season...

Full time 1-2

Correct result based on the game, we certainly deserved to lose based on the balance of the match.

Teale got his selection wrong first half, and I'm sure he'd admit that himself now. To go 4-4-2 against a team as good as ICT with two big strikers like Arquin and Thompson up top? Absolute suicide. Unsurprisingly, we got ripped apart for 45 minutes and were lucky to go in 1 down.

Thankfully at HT he hooked Arquin and brought on a midfielder in McLear and it was - unsurprisingly - a vast improvement. It was pretty even stuff second half. They scored, we scored and there were chances either way. We had a great chance at the end to equalise... McAusland header from 5 yards... Over the bar...

The damage was done though and we deserved to lose. ICT are a good bet for 2nd and/or the Scottish cup, they're a superb side.

Us... Still 10th as it stands. Would take that at the end of the season...

aye, somehow we are still 10th. Still deecent hope but FFS, it is grim this season.

Correct, correct & correct. whistling.gif

Perspective is a wonderful thing

I actually felt optimistic last night.

I would say , now , I think we are in a relegation battle , well & truly.

Every game will now have added importance of we have any desire to stay up.

I think play-off spot has more chance of being ours than survival.

Roll on the next game.

Brutal until we scored. A wee rally after that and Cheesy had chances (should have scored the first, unlucky with the second as he had no time to react) but that aside we created very little.

Nowhere near good enough and got exactly what we deserved. A point would have been daylight robbery.

Can you REALLY see us catching Thistle? What are you drinking?

Happy to admit living in England I don't get to see us. Thought though we did well enough versus Dundee United in the live TV game. Thistle have taken 5 points from their last 9 games compared to our 7 points from our last 5 games. Thistle have lost their last 4 games. On that basis it does appear possible, yes.

Happy to admit living in England I don't get to see us. Thought though we did well enough versus Dundee United in the live TV game. Thistle have taken 5 points from their last 9 games compared to our 7 points from our last 5 games. Thistle have lost their last 4 games. On that basis it does appear possible, yes.

They're still 7points ahead of us and have a game in hand. I wish I shared your optimism.