Holy Sh*t!

The second post is what I'd say about the first.....

I'll stand by that first post.

People who aren't regarding this as a pretty disastrous development in terms of the timing and our perilous position are, quite frankly, delusional.

Not surprised he has a release clause. That'll be why we managed to keep him in the summer.

If Aberdeen (or anyone) meet the release clause and Kenny wants to go then that is that, there's nothing the club can do. We still have a few hours to get some kind of replacement sorted.

People saying it will require now a miracle to keep us up though... Talk about an over reaction!

Sod's law he'll score against us.

No matter what happens the rest of today, you could say that grabbing whatever cash is on offer is tantamount to saying the BoD has no faith in Gary keeping us up.

In fairness, if there is a release clause in Kenny's contract, they couldn't block the move, so I'm not blaming the BoD for this one. Doean't make it any less painful, though.

I'll stand by that first post.

People who aren't regarding this as a pretty disastrous development in terms of the timing and our perilous position are, quite frankly, delusional.

Talk about a lack of perspective? I realise now why the NHS is fecked by people calling an ambulance because they have a hangover.

I think you will find the timing is down to something called a transfer window. anyone who thinks he would have stayed on is, quite frankly delus kidding himself

In fairness, if there is a release clause in Kenny's contract, they couldn't block the move, so I'm not blaming the BoD for this one. Doean't make it any less painful, though.

I'm not blaming the BoD or the player, still a kick in the baws - just as Arabs fans will feel watching Celtic rape them.

Life of course goes on, but I hoped to see McLean kick on at an English Championship club.

People saying it will require now a miracle to keep us up though... Talk about an over reaction!

Nope.

You'll recall that Ricky Gillies almost single-handedly kept us up last time we were relgated from the top flight. Arguably, big daft Kirk all but kept us up at the end of our first season back.

I firmly believe that a single player can have this type of impact. McLean has been what makes this team tick (however erratic that ticking has been). Without his input, I reckon we would be sitting at the foot of the table, and with him gone, we could lose shape and momentum.

It is only my view, but I think this could prove to be disastrous.

Talk about a lack of perspective? I realise now why the NHS is fecked by people calling an ambulance because they have a hangover.

I think you will find the timing is down to something called a transfer window. anyone who thinks he would have stayed on is, quite frankly delus kidding himself

You're deliberately misinterpreting what I'm getting at, but why would I be surprised by that.

Let's just wait and see how things transpire, shall we?

If Kenny had gone in the summer a lot of the irate posters of today probably would not have been too bothered IMHO. Kenny's good form this season,the timing, the possible destination Club and our current predicament all go to make todays possible move all the harder to stomach. Nowt we can do.

As above lets see what the whole day has in store for us before we head for Kessock/Erskine Bridges or similar high jumping venue....

Gutted to say the least, McLean was the one genuine quality player we had that could find the net and actually make us play a bit. I fear we won't spend any of the money banked on a replacement as it's far too late with the window shut tonight.

Slightly surprised that he didn't go down south but good luck to him he's been a great servant to us.

I would be very surprised if the release was triggered by the relatively measely amount of £300K.

If the BoD's have allowed Kenny to move on without any clause kicking in they'll be called Santa Clause by the Dons.

Aberdeen will get over £1,000,000 in the summer for the lad!

I'll be disappointed to see him leave. If the release clause has been met there's nothing the club can do, but try to negotiate sell ons, if possible. I've seen better (not many though) players leave - and the sun still came up the next day.

I doubt Kenny would've still been at Saints, without us agreeing to the release clause.

400k is a decent price, with a sell on it should prove to be more, Aberdeen is more likely to command a strong fee when the inevitable move south comes.