Holy Sh*t!

250k - 300k is exactly what I expected for Kenny. I said this on the other "Kenny Mclean" thread the same day Fleetwood put in their bid.

Anyone on here saying we should be getting more is in DREAMLAND.

NO TEAM'S were willing to pay the compo of around 300- 400k for him in the summer, but after a couple of months great form, he is suddenly worth 750k - £1M????

We as fans can value a player at whatever we like, but if nobody is willing to pay it, then we won't get it.

Basically Kenny's form has convinced a club to now part with that compo, albeit in the form of a transfer fee rather than a compo fee.

Kenny's form hasn't been consistent over a long enough period of time to be considered a million pound player, hence why no club has come forth with such a bid.

As for the buyers paying for potential.... Kenny Mclean is 23 years old and played around 150 times. Any potential has usually been achieved by this point. He might improve little parts of his game at a bigger club, but he won't improve dramatically.

The word potential can be used for Mallan or McGinn.

300k is about all we could have hoped for to be honest.

I am sure I will be accused of being negative and talking down our players etc etc, but all I did was take off my "black & white goggles" for a second and became realistic.

I feel a lot of clubs interested are pretty reluctant to pay a fee for a player they see as out of contract (tho demand a dev fee), but maybe not so much a premiership club as evident from the sale of the hamilton left back Hendrie.

On that note, Hendrie has played half a season in the spl tho he is valued at 1m with 6 months left on his contract?

And you suggested he said we should play with 10 men - muppet.

Yes that's what he said, I'll leave the personal abuse to you l. If someone else was played the number 10 role for as many minutes as Kenny did... Do you think he'd have scored 0?

If you think - like I do - that he would have contributed anything then the stat of take away all Kenny's goals and see where we would have been is completely meaningless.

Yes that's what he said, I'll leave the personal abuse to you l. If someone else was played the number 10 role for as many minutes as Kenny did... Do you think he'd have scored 0?

If you think - like I do - that he would have contributed anything then the stat of take away all Kenny's goals and see where we would have been is completely meaningless.

No its not. Its what you want to think he said.

And given how we've played this season, its not beyond the bounds of possibility that another player might not have got us that number of goals.

Edited by saint in exile

FFS, do you have some condition where you need to start an utterly pointless argument every day or you stop breathing?

Not happy, because he has been our best this season. BOD need to clarify he is being sold and why at such a low selling price. If it allows Gary to go out and bring in a couple of good players ok. Maybe this deal had been on the go for a while and Gary has new players in place to sign, certainly hope so.

Not happy, because he has been our best this season. BOD need to clarify he is being sold and why at such a low selling price. If it allows Gary to go out and bring in a couple of good players ok. Maybe this deal had been on the go for a while and Gary has new players in place to sign, certainly hope so.

GT has only hinted at one more player in. Hope he's just playing his cards close.

If he were to sign for Aberdeen for that alleged fee and allowed to stay with us until the end of the season then I think most supporters wouldn't complain (in my opinion) However and again this is my opinion, is a disaster. Ok, he's maybe not always consistent week in week out but he's our top scorer so far this season. We have no real threat from the strikers excluding Thomson but with his injuries this season I can't see him scoring the goals to move us up the table. So it looks like we're losing our top scorer and main attacking midfielder. I wonder if this is BoD decision or has GT had a say? I wonder. I hope he can pull a Rabbit out the hat.

Actually that wasn't what I said. I wasn't suggesting playing with 10 men obviously.

Plenty of players have plaid the no 10 role for and scored very few. McGowan scored 2 goals last year by this stage of the season and he's by no means the least effective player we've had in that role.

The point was that Kenny's an important player for the team, and has been our most effective player which is also backed up by the stats.

It's obviously a meaningless statistic, but but does illustrate the contribution Kenny had made to the team this year.

As you point out another player may come in and play as well as McLean.

However it's not likely we will be able to replace McLean with someone of the same calibre, and it's a big contribution to lose.

Why couldn't we have come to an agreement that he was going to Aberdeen in the summer but first he was to stay and help fight the relegation battle. We owned him up until this morning. We couldve told them anything we wanted so that it was in our favour. If selling him straight off we should've been looking to get about double what we have in order to make up for the fact we're almost certain to get relegated now!

Lets see the quality of our starting eleven and bench at our next game before deciding whether selling Kenny McLean on was a good or bad thing . Could be a good bit of business if some of the funds are used wisely .

Having said that I thought £400 plus a sell on clause , plus staying with us on loan until the end of the season would have been about right.