Holy Sh*t!

If we're in severe financial trouble, why has this been allowed to happen? The board were given a clean slate little over 5 years ago and every single year, tell us that we are technically debt free and only operating at a small loss.

If they have allowed us to be in this situation again, then they have undone every single bit of good they ever done for the club and sold our spiritual home for a soulless shell into the bargain.

They've not been telling us much recently Div

Beat me to it (though I was going to use less temperate terminology).

We would get a development fee for McLean if he left in the summer regardless, so something isn't stacking up.

I'm almost starting to believe Lord Pityme's convoluted tale about a McLean sale backfilling the sale of the majority shareholding.

I desperately want to believe that there is a release clause in Kenny's contract, because if not, I might have an aneurysm.

Did anyone think It would take much more than £250k for our BOD to accept such a bid. They are finished and wanting out so badly.

£300k they would have bit the hand of them. Whether or not Kenny was pushing for a move may have contributed to this.

I am no way surprised by this decision but just feel the usual disappointment we have come to expect recently

Nah there must be more to it than this. If Fleetwood offered 150k and that offer was basically laughed at, why would the board say it was nowhere near their valuation of the player when it wouldn't matter what their valuation of him is if he has a release clause of 275k?

Things aren't adding up here.

Could it be the release clause is a bit higher? Or there is no release clause and we were hoping to spark a bidding war? This story started a few hours ago and nothing has been confirmed yet, were we trying to bait Rotherham into making him a better offer than Aberdeen?

Who knows, now that I've said that it will probably be confirmed in 5 minutes.

Once again, we're being shown up as easy pickings and even worse, it appears that there is absolutely hee haw going on in terms of bringing new faces in.

Soft touch St. Mirren. What a f**king shambles.

Celtic are raping Dundee United's arse for two real talents in GMS and Armstrong - and there's fcuk all the Arabs can do about it either. Dundee United are bigger than us, have a bigger fanbase than us, produce better players than us, and are perhaps Scotland's second best team? Still, they cannot stop Celtic.

Nor can we stop Aberdeen yanking down our drawers and giving it to us right up the Gregg Wylde.

Equally, Celtic themselves cannot stop the likes of Southampton or Swansea sniffing their player gusset. We all occupy a place in the food chain. We ourselves were able to get a talent like Darren McGregor from a club like Cowdenbeath, and there was fcuk-all Cowdenbeath could do about it.

I need a helluva' lot of convincing though that I am wrong in thinking the BoD now see our place in the food chain as being in the Championship, watching 'newbies' like Accies, Thistle and Dundee shit all over us.

Edited by pozbaird

If we're in severe financial trouble, why has this been allowed to happen? The board were given a clean slate little over 5 years ago and every single year, tell us that we are technically debt free and only operating at a small loss.

If they have allowed us to be in this situation again, then they have undone every single bit of good they ever done for the club and sold our spiritual home for a soulless shell into the bargain.

Also worth bearing in mind that they could have sold their shareholding for a realistic price to a comparatively wealthy St Mirren supporter who has the club's interests at heart some four years ago.

What a f**king shambles!

We are basically getting just a little bit short of what we would have been due in summer if someone had been willing to pay it.

Fact is though, nobody was willing to pay it in summer. Probably due to Kenny being so inconsistent.

Now that Kenny is showing a bit of consistency someone is willing to pay it. Quite simple really.

Right now, Kenny is playing like a £1m player, but he doesn't show it over long enough periods, which is why his fee is about right.

And I'm sorry, but the buying potential thing really doesn't add up for me. A 23yo who has played 150 times isn't potential, he's the finished article.

Celtic are raping Dundee United's arse for two real talents in GMS and Armstrong - and there's fcuk all the Arabs can do about it either. Dundee United are bigger than us, have a bigger fanbase than us, produce better players than us, and are perhaps Scotland's second best team? Still, they cannot stop Celtic.

Nor can we stop Aberdeen yanking down our drawers and giving it to us right up the Gregg Wylde.

Equally, Celtic themselves cannot stop the likes of Southampton or Swansea sniffing their player gusset. We all occupy a place in the food chain. We ourselves were able to get a talent like Darren McGregor from a club like Cowdenbeath, and there was fcuk-all Cowdenbeath could do about it.

I need a helluva' lot of convincing though that I am wrong in thinking the BoD now see our place in the food chain as being in the Championship, watching 'newbies' like Accies, Thistle and Dundee shit all over us.

The difference here, poz - and it's a biggie - is that united and in turn, Celtic will not sell these guys for an absolute pittance. GMS is out of contract and even then, Utd won't budge for a six figure sum. They are masters of negotiating. As are Celtic.

Nah there must be more to it than this. If Fleetwood offered 150k and that offer was basically laughed at, why would the board say it was nowhere near their valuation of the player when it wouldn't matter what their valuation of him is if he has a release clause of 275k?

Could it be the release clause is a bit higher? Or there is no release clause and we were hoping to spark a bidding war? This story started a few hours ago and nothing has been confirmed yet, were we trying to bait Rotherham into making him a better offer than Aberdeen?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Shambles. Gutted and wish him well but we need to move on sharpish. Hopefully we can see the money put back into the team and a couple of new faces come in.Either tonight or free agents.

The difference here, poz - and it's a biggie - is that united and in turn, Celtic will not sell these guys for an absolute pittance. GMS is out of contract and even then, Utd won't budge for a six figure sum. They are masters of negotiating. As are Celtic.

They've also just turned down a third improved bid for Armstrong. If SA was our player he'd already be on his way to Lennoxtown for £75 and a couple of fitbas

I don't know what sort of world you live in, but 125k more is a big difference. It's almost double the Fleetwood bid.

By all accounts, KM wasn't exactly inundated with offers in the summer.

If there was a release clause anywhere near £400k, why would he sign the contract to stay? He would effectively be consigning himself to 2 years on the wages we can afford if there was a prohibitive release clause.

Look at the money we've accepted in the past for players (McGinn, Lappin etc) - why would Kenny think he would command considerably more that £250k whilst playing for us?

When you compare it to Andrew Robertson, Ryan Gauld, Johnny Russell, James McCarthy, James McArthur, Stephen Hendrie, Conor McGrandles (All far higher) and Stefan Scougall, Marc McNulty etc (Similar fee, much lower reputation and proven ability level) though, we've been sold an absolute pup.

Very disappointing. Can't get it to add up. It's a total steal from Aberdeen.

I wonder if we were faced with losing him in the summer said that if he re-signed and someone came along offering the compensation value we'd not stand in his way. We then got McLean for an extra 6 months.

Feel for Teale, he's got a hard job now.