Holy Sh*t!

Sold to the highest bidder...and it would seem the only bidder. At a fee that meant SMFC had to give Kenny the chance to talk to the Dons and he chose to go, so good luck for the future.

He clearly knew the best deal for him is to move on, which maybe offers an insight into how our future unfolds.

A couple of years ago Kenny would've knocked a move to Aberdeen back because he was playing in a team that was competing and winning cups and he would've seen his future lying at a bigger more prosperous club in England. Times have changed and we are now a club heading in the wrong direction fast and one that players want to get out of for the sake of their careers. Not good at all

Where on that statement does it say "no release clause"?

It only says agreements were made. It doesn't say whether they were verbal or contractual.

If Kenny agreed in summer to sign a new deal on the agreement that if a bid of a certain amount comes in for him, then he is free to go, fair enough. If it was a contractual agreement, then there is f**k all we could do about it. If it was a verbal one, then we would have been complete cunts to have gone back on our word.

They also said that Kenny fulfilled his side of the agreement with his performances this season.

Unless our players are contractually obliged to play well that is. (which would mean we could punt a fair few for breach of contract)

Firstly best of luck Kenny and thanks for the effort and some fine performances. I am sure that now you have gone to a team challenging at the top you will get some deserved Scotland call ups.

Secondly BOD shame on you for letting a talent go for such a small sum, I just hope (but doubt) that you have a percentage of next sale clause in his contract.

Although part of me thinks f**k the BOD any way as if we did get any more I am sure that the money would not have found its way to developing the squad any way.

I will always be grateful for all the hard work that Gilmour and Co have done in saving the club however I really dont like how they seem to have just given up now and it feels since Danny Lennon left that there isn't any real mention of the fans or community.

They also said that Kenny fulfilled his side of the agreement with his performances this season.

Unless our players are contractually obliged to play well that is. (which would mean we could punt a fair few for breach of contract)

Is it too much to hope that we can just sack Gregg Wylde.

If there is a release clause the club set it, it is the club that offers the contract. The agent may request a lower one but only an idiot would agree to a release clause a fee pennies higher than the development fee due.

If the agent could set the release clause himself he would set it at zero every time!

a release clause would be negotiated by both parties, similarly the players wage and bonuses, it's the art of negotiation that the board seem to lack in. They must have used all their skills on the Tesco/love street deal and forgotten how to use them.

Shambles is the only word I can think of. A 'Gentleman's Agreement ' isn't going to keep us in the League.

We should have said ' Look,Aberdeen have made an offer but it's derisory, let's see where we are in the summer...'

If nobody comes in in the next 6 hours we are in big trouble....

Kenny, like every St Mirren player past, present and future, is replaceable one way or another. His departure opens the door for someone else who might turn out to be a better player.

As for the fee, whatever it is is more than the £0 anyone was willing to pay in the summer.

Well ....

Kenny goes with my best wishes that's for sure. His performances this season have been outstanding and he's showed some real fight and hunger for the cause. Tbh, this will be a good move for Kenny, not only will he be doubling his wages but he'll have better players around him and I think he will only get better.

No one can blame kenny for this move, it's the board who have sailed us up shit creek without a paddle.

Can't remember being this devastated about a player leaving. The high of Friday night then this total boot in the ballocks.

It really does some this horrible season up, the fans have again been let down.

a release clause would be negotiated by both parties, similarly the players wage and bonuses, it's the art of negotiation that the board seem to lack in. They must have used all their skills on the Tesco/love street deal and forgotten how to use them.

Looking at how Tesco pissed money against the wall and the state they are in it probably wasn't a hard negotiation!!

Time for someone with some f**king balls to start running the club.

St Mirren once again made to look like utter clowns because we can't even negotiate a contract with our own player who we are due to a development fee from.

If Kenny McLean had come through at Hamilton he would not have been sold for a penny under a million.