Holy Sh*t!

Some people are covering themselves in glory on this thread.

He's gone: Cheerieo, all the best, thanks for your efforts. Surprised it's not to a bigger club than the sheep but he'll have doubled his wages, I assume.

IMHO he's worth far more, but we don't know 90% of the facts about this. If the boy wanted away and we got some money to keep us going till we secure another year in the SPFL then needs must.

Let's try and keep the heed. No player is bigger than the team. We've got 8 or 9 games till the split. We need to start turning performances in to results.

Some people are covering themselves in glory on this thread. He's gone: Cheerieo, all the best, thanks for your efforts. Surprised it's not to a bigger club than the sheep but he'll have doubled his wages, I assume. IMHO he's worth far more, but we don't know 90% of the facts about this. If the boy wanted away and we got some money to keep us going till we secure another year in the SPFL then needs must. Let's try and keep the heed. No player is bigger than the team. We've got 8 or 9 games till the split. We need to start turning performances in to results.

Excellent post.

I find it astounding that so many people are commenting on a fee which hasn't even been made public.

Some people are covering themselves in glory on this thread.

He's gone: Cheerieo, all the best, thanks for your efforts. Surprised it's not to a bigger club than the sheep but he'll have doubled his wages, I assume.

IMHO he's worth far more, but we don't know 90% of the facts about this. If the boy wanted away and we got some money to keep us going till we secure another year in the SPFL then needs must.

Let's try and keep the heed. No player is bigger than the team. We've got 8 or 9 games till the split. We need to start turning performances in to results.

The issue isn't that he's movedon. It's about how much he's moved on for. I haven't seen any posts criticising McLean's part in all of this.

You've had your cash back guys, get round the table with SMISA and let's have a "gentleman's agreement" whereby the fans stay with the club and we offer you a fraction of what you feel you're worth.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This. Absolutely f**king this!

Finally calmed down enough to comment 'rationally' on McLean being sold to Aberdeen for 275k. (275 f'king k!)

McLean was out of contract last season and as we offered him a better deal we would have been entitled to a development fee. No club wanted to pay the development fee and so McLean either had to sign our deal or force being frozen out the game.

Now we all hear about 'football' being a business these days so why the f'k would you allow one of your biggest assets to have a 'gentleman's handshake' allowing them to walk away for the square root of f'k all.

Don't get me wrong McLean deserves a chance at a bigger club, but when you see the amount of money being spent on some players of similar calibre, it's an absolute disgrace that he's went for such a small sum. Should have been anything between 500k-1M. Especially when he could be he difference between staying up or going down.

The BOD have once again shown that they are well past their sell by date.

The Danny Lennon shambles

The Tommy Craig shambles

The take over shambles

The Kenny McLean shambles

I predict the relegation shambles now. The sooner they leave the club now the better IMO.

Excellent post.

I find it astounding that so many people are commenting on a fee which hasn't even been made public.

That's a fair point but I feel the frustration comes from a good player walking out of the door to a rival team for a fraction of his worth in the market today. £1.6m for Armstrong??

Kenny had nobody banging down his door in the summer as his agent obviously couldn't persuade anyone to part with the cash required due to the development fee. He couldn't go anywhere in the summer. Nobody wanted him. We had him over a barrel and decide to include some agreement that facilitates a move like this? That doesn't seem like sound business sense to me.

If we're truly that broke that we need to punt McLean to keep things going then there are a few wage thieves at the club who should have been punted first.

In a way I don't blame Saints. I was certain he would leave in the summer.

If the ONLY way we could get him to resign was to promise not to stand in his way if bids of 300k or more came in, then I can see why we agreed.

Even if a gentlemans agreement, we need to honour that.

I reckon they agreed to it hoping that a bidding war would start... hence Teale being told to tout him in every interview possible.

It just backfired as nobody other than McInnes saw the true potential and sheer bargain on offer.

Good luck Kenny and thanks for everything. It has been a real pleasure watching you develop into a player with the potential to use Aberdeen as just another stepping stone on the way to the top of the game!

Finally calmed down enough to comment 'rationally' on McLean being sold to Aberdeen for 275k. (275 f'king k!)

McLean was out of contract last season and as we offered him a better deal we would have been entitled to a development fee. No club wanted to pay the development fee and so McLean either had to sign our deal or force being frozen out the game.

Now we all hear about 'football' being a business these days so why the f'k would you allow one of your biggest assets to have a 'gentleman's handshake' allowing them to walk away for the square root of f'k all.

Don't get me wrong McLean deserves a chance at a bigger club, but when you see the amount of money being spent on some players of similar calibre, it's an absolute disgrace that he's went for such a small sum. Should have been anything between 500k-1M. Especially when he could be he difference between staying up or going down.

The BOD have once again shown that they are well past their sell by date.

The Danny Lennon shambles

The Tommy Craig shambles

The take over shambles

The Kenny McLean shambles

I predict the relegation shambles now. The sooner they leave the club now the better IMO.

I've always felt they sold McNamee & O'Brien and thought job done. Then, Souness got the Blackburn job and the "oh f**k" factor kicked in. Some people say they played Tesco, others claim money has been recouped in or around the radar by the current board. Whatever all happened, they had a chance to get out when GS made his offer and subsequent offers from 10000 Hours then the English group were deemed inappropriate. We're 70K down, yet our new stadium's hospitality area is poorly promoted and gathers dust most weeks. They've just sold McLean for the equivalent of Andreu's left leg and in doing so have devalued the entire squad. Just as we see a chink of light, just when Teale has the team playing another stupid decision f**ks us over. The good decisions lately have been VERY slim, the stupidity far too obvious. Edited by TsuMirren

Perhaps this has been posted already. However, going from the clubs statement on letting Mclean go today for the rumoured £275k, why were we fed this p#sh when they rejected the £150k Fleetwood bid saying it falls way below the clubs valuation of the player? I'm sure they never meant at that point he was only worth £125k more! What the f#ck is going on at our club?

A St Mirren spokesman said: "Further to media reports at the weekend we can confirm we have rejected an offer for Kenny McLean from Fleetwood Town as the offer does not come close to the club's valuation of the player."

First chance I've had to get on here.

Devasting news about Kenny's imminent departure.

My understanding is that there is a release clause in his contract, which was negotiated in the summer when he re-signed. I've no idea what that clause amount would be but it will be higher than the £250K we would have got if he left last summer as a free agent.

If the player didn't have a release clause then the only possible reason for selling him right now, taking into account we would drastically increase our chances of being relegated, would be that we desperately need the money.

If he does sign for the Dons, and it seems certain he will, then I'd certainly expect the club to move to sign 1 or 2 new players today.

If they don't and there is no explanation from the board as to what exactly is going on, then I think it's only fair to assume there will be a backlash from the supporters.

Could be right..... 6 weeks in south Africa would probably leave me skint....

It's really enough to make you very angry. The general consensus on pie and bovril is the exact same as in here. Other teams fans can't quite believe that he's gone for so little. One Dundee fan even commented that if Andreu is worth a million, Kenny is easily worth double. Hard to disagree with that, really.

Not often I'm upset to see a player leave, but this comes just when somebody at last sees where kennys best position is but we won't get the benefit. Good luck to him but I'm genuinely gutted. Who carries a goal threat now? Obviously God is still capable but yet again we look like we are leaning too heavily on him which at his age is bound to result in more risk of injury.

Our club is a laughing stock tonight thanks to our board.

It can't even be budgetary, because we budget to finish 11th and this season that should have included a home gate vs Rangers or Hearts. Might not have included a wee drop in attendances, but there's only a small group of people who felt hiring Craig was a good idea.

"Hmmm, we've f**ked up again. How can we bullshit our way out this time? Well, you could f**k off for six weeks, we'll leak shit and then we'll cash in on Kenny."