Holy Sh*t!

Kenny has left the building, we all kinda knew he would go. I will miss him, i will not miss the regular transfer window speculation about him though, reminds me of losing my cat - he would play when he wanted to then just hide every now and again, but if you rolled a ball in front of him he would stick out a paw from his hiding place and knock it to you with amazing accuracy, when it came near feeding time (transfer window) he would come out and and show off in front of you to get your attention.

Confirmation that Dundee United have accepted offer from Celtic of over £2M for GMS and Armstrong.

Irrespective of any 'release clause' factor in McLean's departure from St Mirren for £0.275M, the BoD should hold their heads in shame at this despicable piece of business. Their incompetence is breathtaking and has made us the laughing stock of Scottish football.

Edited by northstbuddie

If they were you going to accept this absurd transfer fee they should at least have requested that Aberdeen could have loaned him back for the rest of the season.As most have already said and indeed most in the media this was just an idiotic piece of business for a top top player at a ridiculous stage.

If they were you going to accept this absurd transfer fee they should at least have requested that Aberdeen could have loaned him back for the rest of the season.As most have already said and indeed most in the media this was just an idiotic piece of business for a top top player at a ridiculous stage.

Being out of the cup, McInnes has made a statement of intent... title race is back on!

Today spells the end for us. We have had our best player sold the heartbeat of the team , the drive the energy has gone and his goals too. We're a joke club ran Jo better than an amateur outfit. Get to f**k with your pish sound bites about working on some f**king no hoper deals before Inverness ( a game we won't win in a month of Sundays) . Hamilton get 1m plus for Andreu we get peanuts plus now face the relegation battle minus our main man our only man. Well I'm done in by this totally stunned by the disaster of a board. I'm now going to just avoid getting so worked up for saints as we now know our place it's a diddy team who sells top talent for buttons. Stepping back now and just going to use my energy elsewhere this team really ain't worth it. One or two cup runs per 25 years isn't much to give up when you consider in between times it actually is nearly always pretty pish

Edited by norrie82

Hugely disappointed , I,m still hoping we have at least two players coming in , we need a Shug Murray type midfielder and a no nonsense centre half , not youngsters on loan , but experienced players , lets hope theres a few decent players about without a club.

Just put a tenner treble on Morton , Aberdeen to finish 2nnd Albion Rovers and got 10/1 , not a bad wee treble

Its worth bearing in mind we got nothing for Gowser ( who in all fairness cost us nothing ) , and whilst we haven't received massive transfer fees for players , its not as if we have sold a player , who has then gone on for a massive transfer fee .

Hopefully the wag made available with Kenny going and some of the incoming transfer fee can fund another three signings , which is what we need to have a chance of staying up , we can improved the squad and bank a few quid , then in all fairness we should consider it good business.

Lets see what team we put out before our next home game , before we become over critical .

MUG across forehead springs to mind!

Another example of how the board no longer give a f**k and how they are only in it now for what they can get, we will see none of this 275k just like we seen none of the money from the cup win, they tell us every year we budget for 11th and out the cups early and every year our budget is decreased.

They've had their money back and then some with interest and there's also the debacle with the st mirren club apparent loan that apparently wasn't paid back yet no one seems to want to mention that on here.

There is no doubt they could of gone by now but unless the deal suits them ( not the club) then they are not interested.

Edited by bud84

What a shit time to be a Saints fan.Never thought we would lose our best. player.

Two things....

It was speculated about often on here, so how could you never think it might happen?

And...

Clubs exist by selling their best players. How would you feel if Saints were looking forward to a cup final and Saints' opponents bought the teams two best players?

You could have Milne instead of Gilmour as your chairman this morning. Who would be worst...?

Ok three things....

As mentioned before the club has frequently sold their best player to another club and quite often a Scottish one at that.

It's the nature of the beast. We are a small parochial team over-shadowed by the two big beasts in Glasgow which historically have drained Paisley of prospective supporters every Saturday as they drove down Glasgow Road / Paisley Road West and London Road in pursuit of something that I've never quite understood.

Saints as a team must sell their best players when they can otherwise their contract runs out and they can move eventually free of cost. It's simple logic and mathematics.

As for my fist sentence:

George McLean

Tottie Beck

Frank McGarvey

Jim Clunie

Gerry Baker

Tommy Bryceland

Denis Connaghan

Archie Knox

Paul Lambert

Barry Lavety

Frank McAvennie

Gordon McQueen

Frank McDougall

Iain Munro

Willie Telfer

.................. Kenny McLean

Need I add to this list?

The Club will survive, the club will move on and the club will develop new talent. Yes it's a great pity we've lost him at this stage in the season, but if he signed a new 2 year deal with the Saints and managed to get an escape clause written into the deal, then that's to his and his agent's credit for achieving that, and also perhaps credit the club with the fact that without that clause he may not have signed a contract and we may have got diddly squat for the player when he eventually moved.

As mentioned before the club has frequently sold their best player to another club and quite often a Scottish one at that.

It's the nature of the beast. We are a small parochial team over-shadowed by the two big beasts in Glasgow which historically have drained Paisley of prospective supporters every Saturday as they drove down Glasgow Road / Paisley Road West and London Road in pursuit of something that I've never quite understood.

Saints as a team must sell their best players when they can otherwise their contract runs out and they can move eventually free of cost. It's simple logic and mathematics.

As for my fist sentence:

George McLean

Tottie Beck

Frank McGarvey

Jim Clunie

Gerry Baker

Tommy Bryceland

Denis Connaghan

Archie Knox

Paul Lambert

Barry Lavety

Frank McAvennie

Gordon McQueen

Frank McDougall

Iain Munro

Willie Telfer

Need I add to this list?

The Club will survive, the club will move on and the club will develop new talent. Yes it's a great pity we've lost him at this stage in the season, but if he signed a new 2 year deal with the Saints and managed to get an escape clause written into the deal, then that's to his and his agent's credit for achieving that, and also perhaps credit the club with the fact that without that clause he may not have signed a contract and we may have got diddly squat for the player when he eventually moved.

Much has been said about us not being a good selling club , but its not often a team has bought a player from us cheaply and sold him on for a massive profit. So we must be not bad at getting the right market value for a player.

I'm not concerned so much about the sale of McLean as I agree it is an inevitable feature of the game, more by the figures allegedly involved and the timing.

We could debate the issues around the fee ad nauseum so I'll pass on that, but when coupled with the timing, it does become extremely frustrating. Yes, business does take place on the last day of the window and I accept that, but it has left us compromised with limited scope to do a great deal about it. And all at a critical juncture.

On reflection, I suppose the explains my catastophising tone yesterday when the news broke. In saying that, I stand by my claims that the loss of McLean will seriously handicap our efforts to stay in this league.

A lot's been said about McLean's valuation and whether any club would have paid more than the peanuts we got from the Sheep. Release clause, gentleman's agreement, call it what you like, but when compared with what's being asked for and paid by other clubs for relatively untried players our contract negotiation skills look amateurish at best. Who agrees these deals at Saints?

As for my fist sentence:

George McLean

Tottie Beck

Frank McGarvey

Jim Clunie

Gerry Baker

Tommy Bryceland

Denis Connaghan

Archie Knox

Paul Lambert

Barry Lavety

Frank McAvennie

Gordon McQueen

Frank McDougall

Iain Munro

Willie Telfer

Need I add to this list?

There's something not right with our 'develop young players to sell" tactics. The contracts we offer seem to put all the power in the players hands. No matter what way you look at it, the timing of Mclean's move is very damaging to St Mirren and could see us relegated. We saw in the summer that Mcginn's head was turned very easily by Sheffield United so he is likely to go for cheap at the first opportunity. We need to get longer, tougher contracts in place and demand a bit more respect for the club And that includes stopping players contracted to us tweeting their support for other Scottish clubs. There seems to be a lax, who gives a crap attitude throughout the club now.