Holy Sh*t!

No this is spot on. Most fans know the BOD did nothing wrong here.

They could have let him walk away abroad for nothing in the summer, or they could have agreed to him signing on his terms. They chose the latter and I'm delighted they did. Imagine where we'd be if they'd chose the former?

Kenny was at a level above the rest of the team this season. I said he was clearly too good for us, and so did our manager. It's no surprise he's moved on. The timing isn't great obviously, but that's what these transfer windows do.

Aye is a big loss, if youd told me at this scenario at the start of the season though id have taken it. Think I need to avoid reading the facebook saints pages, comments! Going by the pounding the board are taking on them I thought id gotten it wrong lol!

Definitely do that. The Facebook page makes this place look well-balanced and reasoned. Facebook tends to attract the dregs of society on most matters, and sadly, the Saints-related feeds are no different.

I hate using this term as it makes me sound like a prick but a lot of people don't understand the economics of how a football club runs. More so during this transfer window, people in a blind panic for us to sign players before the window shut lol.

Don't be daft - Pollok obviously get much bigger crowds than Queens Park. tongue.png

My point was that you cannot just look at the surrounding area of a club and say that everyone there is part of a potential fan base. There are many reasons why people would not support their "local" team. They might not be interested in football (aka women whistling.gif ), they could have religious reasons (aka bigots), or "Ma Dad supported them, so ah support them" (aka people who can't think for themselves, aka Labour voters), they could be people that have just moved to the area having grown up somewhere else and so support the local team from where they grew up (e.g. Bluto), they could be gloryhunters (aka Celtic supporters), they could be masochists (aka St Mirren supporters). To base potential fan base on just the population of a specific geographical area is just total nonsense.

It's funny how people are quite ready to accept St Mirren supporters from miles away that have no connection to Paisley (they just happened to pick us) but they can't accept non St Mirren supporters from Renfrewshire.

Their from Inverclyde now.whistling.gif

Don't be daft - Pollok obviously get much bigger crowds than Queens Park. :P

My point was that you cannot just look at the surrounding area of a club and say that everyone there is part of a potential fan base. There are many reasons why people would not support their "local" team. They might not be interested in football (aka women :whistle ), they could have religious reasons (aka bigots), or "Ma Dad supported them, so ah support them" (aka people who can't think for themselves, aka Labour voters), they could be people that have just moved to the area having grown up somewhere else and so support the local team from where they grew up (e.g. Bluto), they could be gloryhunters (aka Celtic supporters), they could be masochists (aka St Mirren supporters). To base potential fan base on just the population of a specific geographical area is just total nonsense.

It's funny how people are quite ready to accept St Mirren supporters from miles away that have no connection to Paisley (they just happened to pick us) but they can't accept non St Mirren supporters from Renfrewshire.

You got me sussed.

I'm a St Mirren Gloryhunter. :)

Don't be daft - Pollok obviously get much bigger crowds than Queens Park. tongue.png

My point was that you cannot just look at the surrounding area of a club and say that everyone there is part of a potential fan base. There are many reasons why people would not support their "local" team. They might not be interested in football (aka women whistling.gif ), they could have religious reasons (aka bigots), or "Ma Dad supported them, so ah support them" (aka people who can't think for themselves, aka Labour voters), they could be people that have just moved to the area having grown up somewhere else and so support the local team from where they grew up (e.g. Bluto), they could be gloryhunters (aka Celtic supporters), they could be masochists (aka St Mirren supporters). To base potential fan base on just the population of a specific geographical area is just total nonsense.

I feel your jibe about Labour voters is a bit much . Whilst your comment may well be entirely accurate ( for all I know whistling.gif ) it still intrinsically remains a bit of a generality . . you mustn't disrespect people just for believing Gord*n B*o^n. .

That's the more likely scenario ! If , for example , Alex Neil knew he could get Kenny for £175k , why did he pay over a million for Andreu when they've both been playing an identical role lately ? The answer's probably that Andreu has more grit in his game and more consistency and has a better chance of success at a higher level !

Neil knew Andreu, he also knows that if he f**ks up at Norwich a cash rich Hamilton will welcome him back.

But you wouldn't need "an" when inserting any of the words "dickhead", "fanny", "c**t" or "prick" - or, for that matter, the phrase "dickhead fanny c**t prick". However, you would need "an" if you were going to insert the word "angel" - what the f**k that has to do with Oaksoft though, is totally beyond me.

The word I thought of for you was of course 'aesthete' but I'm sure you had worked it out. Bluto just threw me mentioning Oaky, who I avoid, but don't mind laughing at, and that brought the word requiring 'an' to mind.

You know, that is probably one of the biggest insults I have ever received. Why would you think that anyway - I watch "football" at St Mirren Park FFS.

Geez, most guys on here don't seem to recognise when they've been insulted and here's you not recognising a compliment. Can you not see that football as played by St.Mirren is an art form. It's the beautiful game, the thing that dreams are made of. Surely there's a bit of an artist in you?

Geez, most guys on here don't seem to recognise when they've been insulted and here's you not recognising a compliment. Can you not see that football as played by St.Mirren is an art form. It's the beautiful game, the thing that dreams are made of. Surely there's a bit of an artist in you?

Sigh....

"On".

Surely there's a bit of a poet in YOU.

(Jean Nicol would be so disappointed)

Sigh....

"On".

Surely there's a bit of a poet in YOU.

(Jean Nicol would be so disappointed)

I honestly used to go to school

To make sure I wouldn't turn out a fool.

I will not ask, 'Did it really work?

For fearing the reply 'Aye! It did like F**k.

Who is or was Jean Nicol? Was there a Miss Nicol?

Aye.

A diminutive dark-haired doll, who gave good belt!

Made me into the pedantic, english-language-loving twat, that I am.

And so, has also helped ensure I had work and income whenever I wanted it.

Good teachers are priceless.

It's well accepted that every boy who ever got good belt at school turns out to be retiring, introverted, lacking in social graces and has an Oedipus complex. That doesn't apply, however, if the corporal stuff was extra curricular. So was it in or oot. Or both.

It's well accepted that every boy who ever got good belt at school turns out to be retiring, introverted, lacking in social graces and has an Oedipus complex. That doesn't apply, however, if the corporal stuff was extra curricular. So was it in or oot. Or both.

The obvious answer would be in and oot and in and oot and....

But 'obvious' isnae me. And I am not ready for retiring. :)

She was from Greenock. Great sense of humour.

The obvious answer would be in and oot and in and oot and....

But 'obvious' isnae me. And I am not ready for retiring. smile.png

She was from Greenock. Great sense of humour.

Vaguely remember the name but can't place her. I can usually recall the lookers with a good sense of humour. Sure she was from Greenock?