Holy Sh*t!

I've spoken to Dougie.

His source (that tells him there is no release clause) is a very good one.

My source (who tells me there is a release clause) is also a very good one.

Someone is being economical with the truth.

The question would be, why ?

If we are selling him today, with no release clause and 18 months left of his contract, then ask the question WHY ?

If we can get £275K for him today, we would get £275K for him in the summer. The only reason we would sell today is that the player has a clause that mandates we can't reject the bid. Either that or we are selling him in order to keep the lights on.

If it's the latter and the cash situation is that bad why were we not told !?

I've also been told there is a 'release clause agreed' this was around the compensation mark.

Think about it, nobody offered Kenny a contract in the summer, we kind of had him by the balls as we could have frozen him out of football. Why would we not put a clause in the contract?

Edit- just in from work, hadn't read the statement. Gentleman's agreement confirmed.

Edited by davidg

So no release clause

f**k sake

Where on that statement does it say "no release clause"?

It only says agreements were made. It doesn't say whether they were verbal or contractual.

If Kenny agreed in summer to sign a new deal on the agreement that if a bid of a certain amount comes in for him, then he is free to go, fair enough. If it was a contractual agreement, then there is f**k all we could do about it. If it was a verbal one, then we would have been complete cunts to have gone back on our word.

Probably a lot of pundits would agree that Kenny McLean and Stuart Armstrong are of a similar calibre and ability.

According to reports today Dundee United have rejected an offer of £1.6 million for Armstrong and St Mirren have accepted an offer of £275,000 for McLean.

Irrespective of whether or not 'release clauses' were involved, the whole affair (from St Mirren's point of view) reeks of incompetence.

I've also been told there is a release clause, this was around the compensation mark.

Think about it, nobody offered Kenny a contract in the summer, we kind of had him by the balls as we could have frozen him out of football. Why would we not put a clause in the contract?

Sorry, not buying that.

For me, its a straightforward case of the men in charge being f**king clueless.

I've also been told there is a release clause, this was around the compensation mark.

A wee statement from the BOD explaining that would go a long way. There silence this season has been very damaging and giving a 'don't care' image of them. I know they are all supporters like us but they have handled most things this season poorly. Why not disclose fee

If we needed cash that badly why didn't we have a ShareIssue.Honestly I am absolutely shocked we have let Kenny go so late in the Transfer Window.Christ we could even have brought Stephen McGinn back as he was desperate to come back to Scotland.What an absolute utter shambles we are in.

The last time we did that and the BOD had to buy most of them or we could quite possibly have be up shite creek .... Even

Edited by pod

A wee statement from the BOD explaining that would go a long way. There silence this season has been very damaging and giving a 'don't care' image of them. I know they are all supporters like us but they have handled most things this season poorly. Why not disclose fee

From the official site.

It has been confirmed today that St Mirren FC and Aberdeen FC have agreed a fee for Kenny McLean who has now agreed personal terms with Aberdeen FC.

When Kenny signed a 2 year contract extension with the Club last summer he put his trust in St Mirren and agreements were made. St Mirren FC on receipt of the offer from Aberdeen FC have therefore honoured our side of the agreement as Kenny was keen to make this move. He kept his side of the agreement with his performances for the Club this season.

We would like to thank Kenny for all of his efforts and wish him well at Aberdeen FC.

Sorry, not buying that.

For me, its a straightforward case of the men in charge being f**king clueless.

We've both sat in a meeting with them thinking exactly that Drew.

Appointing Tommy Craig was bad enough, but this just absolutely caps off the boards slide from saviours to destroyers. The entire squad has just been devalued due to this. Kenny wasn't exactly up to his neck in offers over the summer, yet our board decided on some sort of agreement whereby we get pennies for a diamond. No wonder they can't sell the club, get fans in, fix the scoreboard, build some HOF boards or get the commercial side making some real cash.

You've had your cash back guys, get round the table with SMISA and let's have a "gentleman's agreement" whereby the fans stay with the club and we offer you a fraction of what you feel you're worth.

This board saved the club but now the same board are going to kill it off.

No investment, taking the cheap option for everything which has come back to bite them severly, releasing all our best players and not replacing them, selling our prize asset for peanuts and absolutely no communication with the fans.

All of this adds up to driving the supporters away and once you do that there's no way back

Edited by Big Yards

Sold to the highest bidder...and it would seem the only bidder. At a fee that meant SMFC had to give Kenny the chance to talk to the Dons and he chose to go, so good luck for the future.

He clearly knew the best deal for him is to move on, which maybe offers an insight into how our future unfolds.

The BOD have been happy to cite that they would only sell the club to someone with the best interests in St Mirren. Pity they could not have maintained this stand with one of our main assets. Reeks of something. It was one thing to mismanage the whole Danny Lennon situation like a bunch of uncaring amateurs but then to compound that with the ridiculous appointment of a man with a horrendous management track record. Now, they let our top scorer go when we are needing quality on the park to get us out of this fecking mess. If they genuinely want the best for us then why allow Kenny to go at this point? Scunnered and wonder if it is really worthy more kicks in the Baws to turn up and see an even weaker shit performance?

Where on that statement does it say "no release clause"?

It only says agreements were made. It doesn't say whether they were verbal or contractual.

If Kenny agreed in summer to sign a new deal on the agreement that if a bid of a certain amount comes in for him, then he is free to go, fair enough. If it was a contractual agreement, then there is f**k all we could do about it. If it was a verbal one, then we would have been complete cunts to have gone back on our word.

Sounds like the most likely scenario.

Probably frees up a fairly sizeable wage too.

As disappointed as I am to see him go, I wish him good luck to Kenny in the future.

A couple of own goals when we play the sheep wouldn't go amiss.

We've both sat in a meeting with them thinking exactly that Drew.

Appointing Tommy Craig was bad enough, but this just absolutely caps off the boards slide from saviours to destroyers. The entire squad has just been devalued due to this. Kenny wasn't exactly up to his neck in offers over the summer, yet our board decided on some sort of agreement whereby we get pennies for a diamond. No wonder they can't sell the club, get fans in, fix the scoreboard, build some HOF boards or get the commercial side making some real cash.

You've had your cash back guys, get round the table with SMISA and let's have a "gentleman's agreement" whereby the fans stay with the club and we offer you a fraction of what you feel you're worth.

This last sentence, so f**king much.